Kite's Bracelet has been passed

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Flame Sage
Player Character

Kite's Bracelet has been passed

Post by Flame Sage »

Have you guys ever woundered why Shugo would never have to worry about his infefctoin rate?
I personally think

-When aura died and was reborn, (and also morgenta) I think Aura created a more stable bracelet, once she had her powers back, and gave it to kite,
(But how does kite give back aura the bracelet? because in Unison he still has it)
Grunty Farming List:
Noble Grunty: 5
If you could attack gruntys, I would have slaughtered all Noble Grunty's from the planet!
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

Well for the infection rate, we never really know if Shugo has one or not, but he does not use his bracelet as much as we did with Kite.

Next, I think that Kite had not log on for a very long time, and like some online RPG's his avatar was just deleted. And at that time someone needed a hero and well the bracelet went on to (Suprise!) Shugo.
Flame Sage
Player Character

Post by Flame Sage »

Well, in unison Blackrose says that she hasnt had any serious reports from Helba lately, but that still means there are reports (but not that serious) lol

So in question they would still need Kite to data drain. So he has been accessing up untill Unison (and possablly more) as we know it.
Grunty Farming List:
Noble Grunty: 5
If you could attack gruntys, I would have slaughtered all Noble Grunty's from the planet!
Wave Master con Queso
Lowbie

Um... a reply?

Post by Wave Master con Queso »

Actually, when I was reading the Manga to .hack//Dusk, I was under the impression that Shugo only used his bracelet a total of... I believe four times at most within eight episodes... though I could have been misled. Also, if you recal, [spoiler]CC Corp "remodeld" after "the incident" to "Prevent events like that [the Twilight] from ever happening again,"[/spoiler] or whatever it was Reki said (Episode four for all of you Anime version fans). My theroy was that Kite was no longer "needed" so much, and since he had finished the last event... well, I would assume he got borred and eventually quit playing, though there is also the possibility that after finishing that "event" he was deleted for breaking protocol via hacking... The avitars were no longer alowed until after the contest (Episode one).
As to the original comment on the bracelet, I do not know the complete level of this as I only have games one through three, so I haven't done this, but [spoiler] In the process of the final fight with Cubia, Kite destroys the old bracelet. However, a new bracelet is in fact obtained upon beating an extra feild... or something like that...[/spoiler] so, to not entirely ruin the spoiler for all, I guess it is possible for the bracelet Shugo has to be "imune." What really gets me though is why Shugo's bracelet is visible to other players...

*Note, the spoiler bars are just there in case... I don't think that's new news to anyone by this point...
Most users ever online was 25 on Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:48 am

It is time to bring that record DOWN!
FireDraconian
Legend

Post by FireDraconian »

[spoiler]Kite get's a new bracelet by going to see Aura in Bursting Passed Over Aqua Field. There's really nothing to beat, there aren't even any portals. You just walk in and get a new bracelet.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]But it's not 'immune'. I mean, you have to use it to beat Maha's Dungeon, and my Infection level went up pretty quick. I think it's more that he doesn't use it very often then infection went away.[/spoiler]

Of course, Aura could have always made an even newer version between then and now.
"A friend... or perhaps, a foe. A meddler with a warning." -Helba, .hack//Infection
Wave Master con Queso
Lowbie

that makes sence

It's been what... four years is it? It is highly possible for there to be an even newwer one... but... well... that makes Shugo less kite like.

YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

[spoiler]well, it's been 4 years, obviously Aura can improve her power as she learns, and the fact that the Bracelet is visible in the anime should tip you off that it's completely different, it's an actual item instead of an installation, he could probably unequip it if he wanted, also, the Dusk Bracelet is immune to virus infection, as we see when that Vagrant AI infects Rena or something, so if the Bracelet can't be infected, neither can Kite, the anime isn't even that important, so who cares? the manga is totally different, the Bracelet is almost exactly like the game version, the reason there was no infection rate in the manga was because there was no virus, all those hacked monsters were probably tests set up by Aura or something in order to help him fulfill his dream of being a hero or something ~.~[/spoiler]
Rectos Dominos
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Yami....the anime is just as important as the manga. Morgenta! XD Sorry, I'm not making fun of you (really, I'm not!) It's just been a long time since someone's said it. For the record, it's Morganna. Anyway, Kite couldn't have been deleted, as the bracelet won't allow that to happen (remember the two installation books that both failed?) I don't think that Shugo could unequip it, as that would defeat the purpose of him having it. ("You are the chosen one.")
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

[spoiler]hrm, since the Anime and the Manga conflict, I'm going to have to say NO to that one until it can be proven, for one, the anime doesn't have Zelphi, and the manga doesn't have Moruti, both of which are important characters, until they make some kind of anime/manga/game/whatever that somehow merges the two storylines, I am not considering them both equally, besides, what if Kite stopped playing and chose to delete his character? you never know! there's also the possibility that Kite's Daybreak Bracelet doesn't have the capability to protect Kite, since he doesn't need to do anything important, Aura could of given it to him for the sake of just getting Mia out of that one dungeon and to help finish the Item Sidquest and all that stuff, like either a safeguard, or to help him enjoy the World, kinda like how she wants Shugo to fulfill his dream of becoming a hero, even though there's no danger. also, since we never see Shugo take off the bracelet, doesn't mean it isn't possible. I mean, when Mirellie tried to get the Bracelet, Shugo said "NO I Won't" not "No, I CAN'T!"[/spoiler]
Rectos Dominos
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

Aura probably would have made the bracelet permenant just as a precaution, and she's probably the only one who can equip/unequip it. If Shuugo could take the bracelet off, he would probably end up losing it some where, trading it away by acident, some where along those lines. (since we all know how newbie-ish Shuugo is.) The bracelets are more than likely, different. For one, they look different, while Kite's is data-ish, Shuugo's looks like a golden lugnut, and the bracelets act differently in battle as well. Kite was newbie at the time of reciveing his bracelet, but it wasn't hard to control like Shuugo's. Shuugo's bracelet is higher leveled than Kite's, and probably better quality. It would have been easier for Aura to just make a new bracelet, than upgrade an old one.
Wave Master con Queso
Lowbie

Just some thought for food

It would make since that there is the posibility that the bracelet can not be removed, but the Shugo would be giving up the one thing he has to remind himself of his first kiss... and being all... I believe the word of choice on this forum is "twink"-like, I don't think he would even consider removing it. Like he even knows how to un-equip anyway. As to the comment about bracelets looking different, is it just me or does the bracelet look like the centoer of the gaurdian from .hack//Sign?

YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

sort've, but the center of a guardian is perfectly round like a ring, but they DO have the same runes and stuff on them, hmm...I wonder what they mean? and now that I think about it, yea, having the Bracelet be unequipable would be kinda stupid. also, does Shugo's Bracelet wig out like in Episode 2 in the manga? I'm not sure, but either way, it could be possible that it's a way to encourage Shugo to level up and help the World, think of it, in the first few episodes, Shugo could be like "screw it" and just leave the World and watch it die, but Kite had a friend in need, so there was no point in having it wig out, also, it could be possible that since Aura was the Ultimate AI in Dusk, she was able to give Shugo's Bracelet all of it's powers at once, since technically Shugo's Bracelet used Data Arc, I think
Rectos Dominos
Wave Master con Queso
Lowbie

Yet another post from me.

in the manga, the data drain actually looks more like an angel arm ( think a big flame or something like that...) it only shows a big ball of light [Ka-Me-Ha-Me-Ha!], not the data drain in the anime or game... at least that was my oppinion. come to think of it, I would swear that there actually is a point in the games where Kite's bracelet does look like a "lugnut..." but it has been a long time since I have played... and the data look sort f extends from Shugo's bracelet at times... though it looks more like Skeith's data drain than Kite's...

This has been edited for the sake of the innocent... whatever.
Last edited by Wave Master con Queso on Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

ok, I did not understand ANY of that post o.o
Rectos Dominos
Wave Master con Queso
Lowbie

I edited it, but to make the long short...

I'm not too good at describing all of these things, but I have an image in my head of some point in the game where you actually see Kite's bracelet (Not when Mia sees it though). Likewise the anime of LotT bracewlet has similarities when it flares out to do the data drain. the one in the Manga is like a completely different entity from all the other bracelets. As to the thing about Skeith
[spoiler]Skeith Data Drains Sora at the end of .hack//Sign... it looks kind of like when Silver Knight or whatever his name is gets drained... a bunch of zeros and ones forming rings and what not[/spoiler] I guess they just didn't feel like changing the animation.