Just a thought...

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Wave Master con Queso
Lowbie

Just a thought...

Post by Wave Master con Queso »

I'm sorry if this post has been done before, I don't recall seeing it when I went through the Cyberslum page though, and I did do a search... (374 results, I will admit to only reading most...) ... so, just a thought:

Exclluding the time it would take the animators to do this, has anyone else ever wondered why it seems that none of the characters in either anime seem to change weapons?
Most users ever online was 25 on Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:48 am

It is time to bring that record DOWN!
FireDraconian
Legend

Post by FireDraconian »

Well, there's not much point. The shows are mostly about character development, not fighting, so the weapons are just sort of decoration. It would confuse more people if they kept changing, and waste time to explain why.
"A friend... or perhaps, a foe. A meddler with a warning." -Helba, .hack//Infection
Wave Master con Queso
Lowbie

It is an MMORPG Fundamental

I can see where you are comming from, but almost anyone who has played an MMORPG knows that changing weapons is as natural as there being monsters on a field. It wouldn't take that long to explain either...

-At Gott Statue-
Mimiru: Like, Oh my gosh! It's, like, a Forsaken Light, a totally Level 99 Sword!
*Mimiru equips sword*
A-20: Hey, what do I get?
Mimiru: Oh, here's a golden puchiguso.

YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

A-20: dammit, Mimiru, you already gave me 5 of these
Mimiru: *PK's the ungrateful n00b* this sword is SO COOL!

XD yea, whatever, anyway, I don't think the characters even cared about leveling up or anything, Tsukasa was th biggest concern, and it's not like superior weapons are common in dungeons and whatnot
Rectos Dominos
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

Plus, I'm sure rare items, weapons, and such wouldn't just be in any old dungeon, it'd probably take many hours just to find one item or weapon. Or they could have high level weapons equiped allready, and just don't need anything stronger.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

True, also, here's one scenario, Mimiru finds a powerful staff, but Tsukasa doesn't want it, this may be Tsukasa specifically because of his personality, but I doubt anyone else really CARES about it right now, either that or the artists don't notice or care, do you really want to draw new weapons and stuff all the time?
Rectos Dominos
FireDraconian
Legend

Post by FireDraconian »

Well, if you check in the game, the staff Tsukasa already has is a lvl 99. I think Morganna gives it to him, and that's how he summons his Guardian, so he really wouldn't want a new one, right?
"A friend... or perhaps, a foe. A meddler with a warning." -Helba, .hack//Infection
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

well yea, I know that, but when Mimiru tried to give him a new staff, he said he didn't care about possessions, so the others don't seem like they would care either, besides, Mimiru and the others must be pretty powerful if they can take on a Dawn Wanderer in episode 25, except Subaru, but she doesn't really "play" anyway
Rectos Dominos
Wave Master con Queso
Lowbie

Still

I can see how that would fit Tsukasa or Mimiru... or even Bear, I will give you guys that, but characters like Sora on the other hand... well, though his blades are strong, he seems like the type who would believe in the posibility of there being something stronger (I could be wrong but I think his stats were maxed out, I will give you that, but there was an episode where he said something that sounded like he believed you could exceede the stat limit)...

YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

yea, you can exceed the stat limit...in strategy and skill -.- ^_^;
Rectos Dominos
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

What are you talking about? You can't exceed the stat limit (99 right?) Tsukasa's staff (you know, the one you get .hack//QUARENTINE or whatever) has "100" of whatever stat, but when it's equiped, goes back down to 99. HP limit is 9999, SP limit, 999, level limit, (and all other minor stats), 99. Exactly the way Helba's stats are, and we all know she's a hacked character. Wave Master con Queso, I believe your refering to the quotes in episode 25? Krim- "...level wise, 99 is the limit, the stats are pre-set. You get that? Sora- "No, I'm afraid not..." Sora thinks, but Krim knows.
FireDraconian
Legend

Post by FireDraconian »

YamiJared wrote:Mimiru and the others must be pretty powerful if they can take on a Dawn Wanderer in episode 25, except Subaru, but she doesn't really "play" anyway
Yeah, but it takes a party of 3 for you, while it takes them twice that many people.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

FireDraconian wrote:
YamiJared wrote:Mimiru and the others must be pretty powerful if they can take on a Dawn Wanderer in episode 25, except Subaru, but she doesn't really "play" anyway
Yeah, but it takes a party of 3 for you, while it takes them twice that many people.
and your point is? I was only saying that they don't NEED to level up, since they aren't really fighting that many battles anyway, and the ones they do fight they win! Kite and the others were fighting ALL THE TIME, so obviously they can take on a Guardian, especially with the Bracelet on their side
Rectos Dominos
Its Not a Game
Player Character

Post by Its Not a Game »

Back the original subject of this thread aside from the time factor you mentioned about changing weapons the most reasonable reasons seems that going through the whole weapon change thing would disrupt the feel and flow of the series as FireDraconian said the show is much about charactor development and Tsukasa's inablity to log out rather than action. Also YamiJared's mention of the characters already being high level plus the time span wasnt that long so they probably wouldnt need to upgrade their weapons or equipment that much anyway.

:shock: FireDraconian and dudewhoisadude are the only ones i see from the old days.....so many new people, oh well its good to be back :D
"That power you have... is the same power that put Orca into a coma!" - Balmung
Wavemaster Minka
Player Character

Post by Wavemaster Minka »

YamiJared wrote:
FireDraconian wrote:
and your point is? I was only saying that they don't NEED to level up, since they aren't really fighting that many battles anyway, and the ones they do fight they win! Kite and the others were fighting ALL THE TIME, so obviously they can take on a Guardian, especially with the Bracelet on their side
No, actually, you only see them fight certain battles. That doesn't mean the characters never leveled up off-screen... if that made sense. It's not like we see EVERYSINGLEMINUTE of EVERYTHING.