I'm going INSANE over this! (DEBATE! YAY!)

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

hmm, good point... but there's still a problem, the anime and the manga clash, and some facts contradict each other, how are we supposed to know what is "true" and what's just BS? (like the damn hacker kids and Moruti *cough*)
Rectos Dominos
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

You probably can't copy Kite, because the patterns on his legs and his color is kind of special, but Blackrose is just a normal PC whatsoever. She can be copied. The reason no one has never used her design in the game is because she is exclusively designed by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto Xb

I'm on the side that doesn't approve the anime as part of .hack story. The anime lacks .hack-ness Xb

Trust the manga as the facts instead XD *hails Izumiya*

Well many anime series are exactly the same as their manga *like Hikaru no Go, Rave, and very many other titles*, but the anime/manga is still selling well, despite its sameness (I'm making up my own words) Xb

Actually I don't think the Bracelet in UdeDen is as strong as the one in Game. Komiyan doesn't get into a coma when Shuugo used it on him. Aura probably downgraded it to meet the safety regulations Xb
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

**WHACK*s manga into another dimension* Once again, everything in the .hack saga is the truth. It doesn't matter if it is an alternate time-line, you just have to deal with it. It's like Love Hina (Spoilers for those of you that haven't read/watched it) In the manga, the two get married while in the anime they don't. They are both legit parts of the storyline as they weren't made from someone else. I think that you're thinking of this as a Dragon ball GT thing. Dragon Ball and Z were both made by the original creator, but GT wasn't. It was made from the animation company, I believe. But the thing is, you can't deny facts. The .hack anime is just as if not more important than the manga. And if you think about it, the manga would be the "BS" as Bandai would put the 'complete truth' of their story in something expensive. The mangas are about $10, while the anime is $30/$20. If they want to make more money (which they do) they'll put the 'true understanding' of the series in the more expensive outlet. So, in conclusion for now, Zefie is BS! :roll:

About manga/anime similarities: True, some do have basically the same plot, but the smart companies make their anime and mangas different, to make more money and spark discussions like this.

About the Bracelet: I believe it is both stronger and weaker. Weaker in the fact that now it just drains data rather than put people in comas. Stronger as it can do Drain Heart while just doing Data Drain. Then again, they explained that as Shugo not being high level enough to controll it.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

since when did money mean anything? besides, the Manga was going to be made first, but then the Manga people kinda got delayed for some reason, so the anime people went on without them, making their own plot, the Dusk anime is sort of a what if, besides, Moruti kinda...turns .hack into crap, I'm sorry -.- atleast Zelphi has an origin! besides, the anime slightly contradicts Zero, in the scene where Shugo (as a different character) meets Aura in SIGN form and invites her on a dungeon adventure (as which Aura develops a crush, which leads her to go all out to get Shugo back in the game, data bugs, Bracelet, children, she went all out, dude!) while in the anime, Shugo is a total n00b who can't even equip his weapon, and has the inability to control the Bracelet, and we have a failed Aura Clone that seems more powerful than Aura herself. WTF? that completely goes againest everything .hack is about! that Aura is the Ultimate AI! when we see Aura being deleted by a freaking VIRUS that even MORGANNA, her inferior mother, could stamp out, showing that Moruti, for some stupid reason, is stronger! besides, in other anime/manga that contradict, the conflicts are usually minor and easily looked over, while DUSK is completely different, only having in common a couple characters that don't even have the same IRL backrounds =.=
Rectos Dominos
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Well, think about it! If they made Aura all-powerful, then what was the point of Shugo? That would mean that Shugo's there just for her enjoyment.

As for the money: Money has everything to do with it. No matter how sincere they seem, animation companies don't make anime just for the fans. You see, animation isn't exactly a hobby. It takes a lot of time, revisions, edits, etc. When you put that much effort into something, you expect to reap rewards aka $$.

Manga being delayed: Well then, the manga is actually inferior! Going by what you all say about how it should be the same, the manga should have conformed then.

"..againest everything .hack is about!": You don't realize that Project .hack is much more than just LotT. The very core of it are the games. As a matter of fact, LotT seems to be the most unliked, as it's really dragging things out rather than explaining what happened. I personally perfer the games over LotT, but the anime LotT over the manga. Why? It doesn't matter about someone's origin; that doesn't make their character crap or excellet. The development of the character and their soul....that's what makes them...well, them. If you focus on origins, then how do Gardinia, Marlo, Rachel, Balmung, Helba, Lios, Nuke, Elk, or Terijima even come into the picture? What about Tsukasa, Bear, BT, or A-20? Not all that much is know about their origins, because no one cares (since that doesn't make the character), but we still accept them as characters. I guess you don't really know what it's like until you really are that person. When you act in a play, you are no longer who you are. You are now a writer, a rich person, a peddler, a peasent, whatever! Where'd they come from? Who knows, who cares! As you continue to live the life of that character, you can develop them, make them better, make them who they are. I know you're going to say "WTF does that have to do with .hack" now, but my complicated analogies are well worth it :P . Anyway, I'm just about done posting on this thread as all I've done is restate my self over and over again. Some final closing facts:

The anime is just as important as the manga

No matter who complains about it, the anime will still have a place in the timeline of Project .hack, along with the manga.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Well, think about it! If they made Aura all-powerful, then what was the point of Shugo? That would mean that Shugo's there just for her enjoyment.
~
my point exactly! she's the Ultimate AI!
~
Money has everything to do with it. No matter how sincere they seem, animation companies don't make anime just for the fans. You see, animation isn't exactly a hobby. It takes a lot of time, revisions, edits, etc. When you put that much effort into something, you expect to reap rewards aka $$.
~
well, ok, I'll give you that. but the same thing can be said about GIFT then, by that logic, and it'll be insane to try and fit GIFT in, but it would be sweet!
~
Manga being delayed: Well then, the manga is actually inferior! Going by what you all say about how it should be the same, the manga should have conformed then.
~
not really, the Manga people had the plot basically set up, like most Manga do, but some of the staff quit so they had to delay to hire more staff members to finish it
~
You don't realize that Project .hack is much more than just LotT. The very core of it are the games. As a matter of fact, LotT seems to be the most unliked, as it's really dragging things out rather than explaining what happened. I personally perfer the games over LotT, but the anime LotT over the manga.
~
I know that, but AUGH! the anime of Dusk ruined my favorite character of .hack! >.< now Aura's like...Zelda or something! a smart AI that acts as a damsel of distress after giving the hero the right tools! also, here's another thing to ponder, if Aura's DD power was being restrained in the games, and killing her made her reborn with her power intact, then shouldn't she be able to find Moruti, DD her, and get it over with?
~
It doesn't matter about someone's origin; that doesn't make their character crap or excellet. The development of the character and their soul....that's what makes them...well, them. If you focus on origins, then how do Gardinia, Marlo, Rachel, Balmung, Helba, Lios, Nuke, Elk, or Terijima even come into the picture? What about Tsukasa, Bear, BT, or A-20? Not all that much is know about their origins, because no one cares (since that doesn't make the character), but we still accept them as characters.
~
that really isn't the point, all those people you listed are people, it's pretty easy to assume they were born like everyone else, but an AI like Moruti atleast deserves a named creator, what fun would Aura be if she was just THERE? half of her character is her origin! without that backround, she's just a random plot device (like she wasn't already, but you know what I mean)
~
When you act in a play, you are no longer who you are. You are now a writer, a rich person, a peddler, a peasent, whatever! Where'd they come from? Who knows, who cares! As you continue to live the life of that character, you can develop them, make them better, make them who they are.
~
this made absolutely no sense!
Rectos Dominos
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

GIFT was given out free with the forth game, because it doesn't contribute to the plot. Anything that does contribute to the plot, costs money, and since the anime cost money, I guess it contributes to the plot. (if GIFT was important, they would have charged a seperate fee for it.)

Aura Not Doing Things On Her Own:Your controdicting yourself.
YamiJared wrote:Perhaps, like God, she has godly knowledge, and perfers to let the "mortals" take care of themselves so they don't become too dependent on her?
There, you just answered your own question. In this topic:http://dothack.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2831

Characters Without Origins:It makes the story-line more interesting if there's some mystery involved. That way, you'll be more willing to buy a future volume of the manga or anime (or whatever contains the information on Moruti's origin), because you want to find out where she came from. Which obcorse, earns the company more money, if they drag out the story-line.
Last edited by mannshjj on Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

ok, Mannshjj, those are all good points, except in the games, Aura wasn't the Ultimate AI, but good try *clap clap clap* Morganna restricted her power, so that Aura couldn't destroy Morganna, which would case them both to reboot and become a singular, Ultimate AI
Rectos Dominos
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

I'm well aware thats Aura's powers were restricted in the games. Maybe I didn't word it right...I meant to say:"Aura not doing things on her own:......"
YamiJared wrote:You don't realize that Project .hack is much more than just LotT. The very core of it are the games. As a matter of fact, LotT seems to be the most unliked, as it's really dragging things out rather than explaining what happened. I personally perfer the games over LotT, but the anime LotT over the manga.
~
I know that, but AUGH! the anime of Dusk ruined my favorite character of .hack! >.< now Aura's like...Zelda or something! a smart AI that acts as a damsel of distress after giving the hero the right tools! also, here's another thing to ponder, if Aura's DD power was being restrained in the games, and killing her made her reborn with her power intact, then shouldn't she be able to find Moruti, DD her, and get it over with?
Your taking about DUSK here, and I'm saying she can find Moruti, but she wants the "mortals" to do it themselves. Like what you said.....
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

um, that was pretty much, a different thread altogether, and this is different, in the manga, it's just Aura pulling an elaborate plot to fulfill the dreams of her first love, in the anime, people's LIVES are on the line!
Rectos Dominos