Aftermath...

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Aftermath...

Post by YamiJared »

so I've been reading my copy of the third manga, at the end Aura and Zelphi unite and everyone's happy, CC Corp gets the picture and permits Aura to exist in the World and blah blah blah, and I got thinking: CC Corp and the players might of accepted Aura's existance, but what about the rest of the real world? the government and the general people? WNC? Aura and Zelphi are just trying to co-exist with humanity and live their lives peacefully, but they are Gods of the Internet, they can do anything they please, so can they really live peacefully? will WNC and the public fear them? what if it's like the movies and the humans try and destroy them, can they even succeed? how powerful IS Aura anyway? can Aura and Zelphi live outside of the World, and on to the internet if the World got shut down? O.o
Rectos Dominos
FireDraconian
Legend

Post by FireDraconian »

Sounds like Children of the Mind to me.
"A friend... or perhaps, a foe. A meddler with a warning." -Helba, .hack//Infection
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

Seems that Aura can access many other parts of the internet.
Xeno
Player Character

Re: Aftermath...

Post by Xeno »

Well, as far as I know CC corp never publically mentioned the "Twilight Incident" or Aura. So chances are the general public is completely unaware of her existence. And even if the government knew about her I don't think they would mess with someone that could bring down the entire country whenever she wanted to. If the interent ever went down in Japan there would be chaos.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

All hail Queen Aura, keeper of "the World"
*bows down and worships his Aura poster*
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

Aura doesn't seem to want to use this power very much, or she would have handled many of the problems in "The World" by herself. (Unless she does have some kind of limitations, seeing as she always has to give braclets to someone else.) You would think someone would eventually find out about the Twilight Incident by hacking into secure websites or something along those lines. Then would probably tell everyone about it, and then the goverment would get invovled.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

well, the public does learn of Aura's existance because of Zelphi's severe chaos, trust me, you'll see in the third manga @-@ anywayz, Aura doesn't seem to use her power, but it's pretty clear that as far as the digital world is concerned, her power is infinte, she's the God of the Internet, like I said. perhaps, like God, she has godly knowledge, and prefers to let the "mortals" take care of themselves so they don't become too dependant on her? Zelphi seems to remind me of Christ, who was performing miracles left and right despite better judgement, and the dot hackers of DUSK were kinda like Zelphi's Disciples or something, it's scary, Aura has the power to destroy the whole world with the push of a button o.o BTW, doesn't Aura get bored sitting in her Domain waiting for her daughter to show up?
Rectos Dominos
FireDraconian
Legend

Post by FireDraconian »

Well, if she's a god of the internet, how could she get bored? Think of all the games she could play.
"A friend... or perhaps, a foe. A meddler with a warning." -Helba, .hack//Infection
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

well true, you have a point there, besides the fact that the World is the only game on the internet, and Aura doesn't seem like the kind of person who would play games in the first place, especially when her children are being hunted down in a mass genocide. :?
Rectos Dominos
Wave Master con Queso
Lowbie

Did they account for that?

Post by Wave Master con Queso »

I always assumed the world was just the most popular online game... though I guess Pluto's Kiss would have gotten rid of some less wonderful games *ahem* that I will not put the names of here... yet. Also, seeing as her children are being hunted down, maybe it would be Aura's turn to stop being so sweet and what not and return the favor for a while... given, that is Morgana's department, but I don't think it is so great that Aura can't do it once and a while.
Most users ever online was 25 on Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:48 am

It is time to bring that record DOWN!
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

true, and she can feel EVERY human emotion on the scale, including revenge, and maternal instinct, and PMS....O.O RUN!!! seriously though, if Aura's children were being hunted down and Shugo wasn't protecting them, eventually Aura would get involved, in a not so nice way, you can't expect Aura to be peaceful forever...OMG that would make a good fanfic! evil Aura!
Rectos Dominos
Cyral
Player Character

Post by Cyral »

YamiJared wrote:true, and she can feel EVERY human emotion on the scale, including revenge, and maternal instinct, and PMS....O.O RUN!!! seriously though, if Aura's children were being hunted down and Shugo wasn't protecting them, eventually Aura would get involved, in a not so nice way, you can't expect Aura to be peaceful forever...OMG that would make a good fanfic! evil Aura!
Umm.. kinda like what happened in Sign?
Chongara love info to help big guy understand .hack, eh?
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

um...ok, Aura wasn't even awake in SIGN, but good try. oh wait, your talking about Morganna. that was totally different, Morganna wanted her kids to die, while Aura doesn't, while they're both pissed, the reason makes all the difference. and since Aura has a physical form, she can be fought
Rectos Dominos
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

If Aura can be fought that would make her weaker than Morganna, even though Morganna has the phases, she was at one time omnipresent. I'm sure Harold had made some kind of protection for her. I don't think she could be fought in battle, she'd have to be deleted or something like it.
Lord Atanoon
Lowbie

Post by Lord Atanoon »

yeah but at least they would show how they escape and what they do with aura they just leave there and run away. the thing is i dont like the final they all log out and thats all. that final gives a lot of questions that i think dont have a answer. and i like the series but the end no.
Because you are a puppet... im a puppet.