The Key of the Twilight

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Self

The Key of the Twilight

Post by Self »

I was having a debate with a friend of mine over .hack, many theories and what not. But the main thing the both of us were stumpped on was the the subject about the Key of the Twilight. I believed that the key was Kite's braclelet, since he was the one who recieved the Book of Twilight. But my friend said that actually it was the bracelet of The Guardian is the real key. We both knew it was a bracelet, but he also said that it could also be a weapon which he did point out that when you play The World before you log in the blade will glow 'Key of the Twilight' even before Kite recieved the Book of Twilight. Well, I couldn't think of any other reason except the reference to the Twilight Dragon but that isn't what the main subject is. So I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with this one and tell me what is the Key of the Twilight?
Destiny is a law....a law that can never be broken. Fate, however, can be changed.
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

Aura is the Key of the Twilight, as said in the end of .hack//SIGN. The "Twilight Dragon" (Kite) is a symbol in Emma's "Epitaph of Twilight" representing the one who would defeat the "Cursed Wave." (Morganna) Kite's braclet is not the Key of the Twilight, just a tool to defeat Morganna, which was given to him by Aura. Same concept as the braclet inside Tsukasa's guadian, the guadian (and the bracelet) were given to Tsukasa by Morganna, to tept him to stay in "The World" and keep Aura asleep. Aura was designed by Harold to become the "Ultimate AI" (thus making her the Key of the Twilight), and replace Morganna.

Edit:If your still confused, PM me.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Mannshjj's right, the only thing she left out was about the sword. They put that sword there to cover-up the incident. Many people knew about the key, they just didn't know exactly what it was. By putting the words 'Key of the Twilight' on the sword, they were trying to hint to players that it was a weapon, not an all powerful AI.
Last edited by thedudewhosadude on Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

hmm, that depends, it's more likely that the Key of the Twilight is an intangible concept, like an event or idea, for example, Tsukasa could be the Key of the Twilight, his willpower was what woke up Aura, the Door of the Twilight, put the Key in the Door, and Aura Awakens, Aura Awakens, causing Skeith to be born, Skeith puts people in comas, and Aura is forced to take action, Kite gets the Bracelet, and the Twilight begins...
Rectos Dominos
Puppy
Lowbie

Post by Puppy »

I thought Aura was the Key of the Twilight, if you look here. If you don't want to look, here's an excerpt
mvrckbass wrote:because she was considered the "Key" to a revolutionary age in future AI's

Because she was the "key" in Harald's plan to show his love for Emma

and as a "Key" to bring the darkness (real world) and light (cyberspace) together

thus the Key of Twilight (see theory number 3) became her "classification"
*Shugo* Oh look, a puppy!
*"Puppy* Growlithe!!! [does flamethrower]
*Shugo* Damn Pokemon cameos! Gotta catch 'em all!
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

Aura is the Key of the Twilight. (and Dudewhosadude, I'm a girl.) Even though much of the speculation on what the Key of the Twilight is, is based on personal opinion, the theory of Aura being the Key of the Twilight does have some foundation. First off, (along with what Puppy said) it was stated so in .hack//SIGN, which was found out by Bear, BT, and others who did some research on Harold and the Key of the Twilight. Second, the overall meaning of Harold's words sounds like he's talking about something physicly embodied. "...I wanted to prove my love for you in a tangilble form..." Thrid, the fight against Aura and Morganna is basic plot-line of most of .hack overall. If the Key of the Twilight only represented Tsukasa or Tsukasa's willpower, then the series would have either ended at .hack//SIGN, or would have continued with a sequel that involved Tsukasa in some way (or the story would be about the "Door" of the Twilight). Even though .hack//SIGN is an important part of .hack overall, it was not yet finished. .hack//SIGN is a sign of what's to come, a sign that something was wrong with the game (Morganna) The real fight begins once Aura awakens.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

right. Sign was a sign of things to come, the games is classified as the Twilight, Aura Awakens and causes the Twilight, and Tsukasa is the KEY to waking up Aura! Tsukasa's willpower is the Key of the Twilight! also, the quote you brought up is moot, since it's merely the speculation of someone else! and what Harold was talking about was putting his LOVE in a tangible form, a tribute to Emma's work and how much Harold loved her! Harold's words have nothing to do with the Key of the Twilight, except maybe the part about protecting Aura. also, how are the games about the KEY of the Twilight? it's simply the Twilight! here's the thing, we got the World in SIGN, the Dawn, the beginning! Tsukasa is the Key which opens Aura's eyes=the Door. Aura's Awakening begins Twilight as the sun begins to set, after Twilight, it becomes Dusk, as the World begins to end, but as Kite said, it should truly be read as the Key of the Dawn, and that the Twilight was the Morning Twilight, Sign was the Dusk all along as the World began to end, and a new one, without Morganna, began to be born. technically, the whole argument is pointless, as the Key of the TWILIGHT doesn't really exist.
Rectos Dominos
kageko
Lowbie

Post by kageko »

I think the Key of the Twilight is the AWAKENING Aura. Awakening Aura unlocks the Twilight event. In .Hack//Sign, Tsukasa needed to find Key of the Twilight in order to logout. That's why Tsukasa woke up Aura and the Twilight began. Besides, awakening Aura has powers that surpassed the system just like Bear and the others said.

So I think Key of the Twilight didn't exist until Tsukasa woke up Aura...^_^;
Please be patient with my poor English...>.>""
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Kageko, no offense, but that made NO sense at all ._. buuhii
Rectos Dominos
thedudewhosadude
Legend

*insert Rhyste's "WTF?" image here* I said it in that linked thread, and I'll say it again: Aura is the key of the twilight. End of discussion. Aura herself is the key, not her awakening, not an event, but Aura herself? Mkay?
Self

Post by Self »

Thank you for the information. Even though after just reading this it feels like it was so obvious and I didn't even notice it. But also reading this, I do believe that on the song 'Key of the Twilight' also involved Aura. Well to be more exact, her telling to the users/.hack characters. What does everyone else think on that?
Destiny is a law....a law that can never be broken. Fate, however, can be changed.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Aura may be the Key of the Twilight, but it's only your opinion, it's a whole "Eye of the Beholder" deal. if Aura was the Key, then Twilight would begin once she was found by Tsukasa. but if she needs to be AWAKENED, then the key to Awakening her would be the Key.
Rectos Dominos
thedudewhosadude
Legend

No, it's not my opinion, it's a fact. It is stated in .hack//SIGN by several people near the end. (in Morganna's domain, looking up at the upside-down Aura) Sora: So, this is the high and mighty key of the twilight. How do you use it?" That's the only one I know off the bat, but I'm sure that there were other quotes.
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

"So this child is the Key of the Twilight?"-Silver Knight (Refering to Aura)

BT also mentioned something like that at the end of episode 26 of .hack//SIGN.

Harold is talking about Aura in that quote. It's mentioned by AI Harold in episode 22. Bear even says this, and theres the fact that they did do research on the topic.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

hmm, weren't all those quotes speculation or something? and Sora (probably) just assumed, since he was in a secret area with all this wierd stuff and whatnot ._. buuhii and when did Ginkan ever say that? and again, since it's in the form of a question, it's possible that it's speculation since Aura was unusual and powerful. it's probably safer to assume that the Key of the Twilight didn't exist at all, but was like the Holy Grail, to get people to search for it and uncover the truth. like Kite said, it should be read as Key of the Dawn >.> so that kinda changes things ._.
Rectos Dominos