The Palace--.hack

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
apostle13
Player Character

The Palace--.hack

Post by apostle13 »

Well, I was thinking that we could make 5 servers, free ones, for The Palace.
The servers would be Delta, Theta, Sigma, Lamda, Omega, of course. These servers are free, and they don't take up a lot of space at all. I'll need 5 people with good computers, you gotta have DSL/Cable/T1-3, because the servers will lag horribly if you have dial up. And you have to be able to have the server open at all times. These servers do not take up a lot of space. At all. Maybe we could have a 6th one (Net Slum) for all 5 of the server mods.
Although these servers are free, they arent the best servers out there. if you BUY a server, you have to be "Blessed", which means that the owner of these palaces has to do somthing to your Registration code in order for you to log in. With free servers, all you have to have is a password, and these are easy to hack. Even though these servers are easy to hack, it does not mean that people can hack your computer just as easily.

The Palace is not a forum, but it is a chatting program. A "Visual chat", or so they call it.

If anyone wants to help, please PM me for more information
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

lol, dude, Apostle! great idea! if this works I could add my roleplaying idea in these servers! two Nazis with one Nuke! XD wait...
Rectos Dominos
apostle13
Player Character

Post by apostle13 »

^^; I thought about it while I was trying to get to sleep last night XD. You can make one of the servers if you want to, PM me, and I'll tell you the link and stuff.
Also, you can't use Dial-up, because the address for the server changes every time you log onto the internet.

[edit by Elk: Double posting IS BAD!!!><;;;]

I don't thing this should mess up the forum format, if it does, i'll delete it.
As for the Elk thing, My name on The Palace is Elk. It has been for years. Sorry Elk ^^;.
The Palace Tutorial.
By:Elk
Download.
The first thing you need to do, is download it (Dur.). You can download both "The Palace", and "The Palace Server" Here: http://practice.chatserve.com/

Starting.
Once you download it, install it, and open it, A box will appear, asking you to "Get a Reg code" "Use your reg code" Or "Stay a guest for now". Don't xhoose "Get a Reg Code, because that link is broken. Use this: http://palace.webdog.com/. Use that site for both Client, and Server Registration. You may only have 5 codes per e-mail address. They don't send it to you, so you can just make up a e-mail address. The code should pop up on the next page after you click "Go!".

After you do this, a box appears saying "Welcome to the Palace!" Where it says "New Friend", change that, it makes you look newbis-ish. People on The Palace HATE newbies. Mainly because they go from palace to palace saying "HOW DO I CHANGE MY PICTURE?!?!?!??!?1?!?", and "HOW DO I SAVE IT !?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!". You won't have to do this, because this tutorial will explain how to do so.

After you change your name, click "Ok." Then, click again within 1-2 seconds, or you'll be taken to the Welcome Palace. The Welcome Palace is lame. After you click, a box should appear, asking you an address. The one in the box should say "Welcome.thepalace.com" Port: "9998". That is the address to the Welcome Palace. Type in "animeshack.palacebox.com" Port:"9998". This is the palace that I usually hang out at. Let's examine the address. Animeshack This is the palace name. Palacebox.com This is the palace host. This palace is paid for, $20 a month. This is one of the most reliable services out there.

Servers, ip.
If you use a Palace Server, and you have DSL/Cable/T1-3, go to: http://no-ip.com/, register, and get an address, rather than a bumch of numbers. "Bunch of Numbers" is the address of your palace, it looks like "000.0000.000.00". With a address, it looks like "abc.fpalace.com". If you have Dial-up, you can't have a Palace Server, because your ip is
Dynamic. This means that your ip changes every time you log onto the Internet, which means the address to the Palace is Dynamic, So, every time you try to go to that palace, after you have logged off of the Internet and logged back on, the address has changed. I'll try to explain this as easily as possible: Say you open the server, and the address is "123.456.789.0." then, lets say you get kicked off of the internet. The address would now be "123.456.788.9.". so then you would try to log onto 123.456.789.0. You wouldn't be able to, because that address is no longer in use.

Now, onto the avatars. Some palaces have avatar rooms, animeshack.palacebox.com does.
What you do is, when you have the avatar on, look at the menu on te top of the program, click "Avatars", "Member Avatars..." then a box should appear. On the left side of the box is the avatar you're wearing, and on the right side is the avatar that is on that slot. If you save the avatar to F1, then all you have to press is F1 to have that avatar appear.

Edit:Well, I bought a server, $5 a month. I still have to mail in the $5, I JUST signed up. The server should be up within 2-6 Days x.x. I named it Net Slum. The address is netslum.thepalacehost.com Port 9998. You guys can come if you ever get the hang of The Palace, lol. I'm always here to help.
Flame Sage
Player Character

Post by Flame Sage »

I can host, well as soon as my retarded internet company will, there saying it's illegal activity for me to host certin things, it's retarded. But anyway, yeah I can run mine on another PC, I have cable.
Grunty Farming List:
Noble Grunty: 5
If you could attack gruntys, I would have slaughtered all Noble Grunty's from the planet!
apostle13
Player Character

Post by apostle13 »

You know, you'll have to keep the server online almost 24 hours, but, if you still want to, PM me and I'll give you the links.