A new Phase??!!...

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
NiGhT~CrAwLëR
Lowbie

A new Phase??!!...

Post by NiGhT~CrAwLëR »

In a chapter of.hack//SIGN, when appears Balmung, an invincible monster appears... I think thats a Phase because it seems like it... And has an atack like the DD... I have some pics:
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Umm..^^;;; That's not a new phase.

Well.. it's a phase.. but not a new one.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
NiGhT~CrAwLëR
Lowbie

Post by NiGhT~CrAwLëR »

It's a phase... but isn't new?? Why? In the game appears?? :S I don't know what is it xD
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

I didn't think that was a phase i thought it was a data bug. :shock: (not to argue with a mod obcorse) No, it doesn't apear in the games, only in .hack//SIGN, because Morganna was trying to get rid of Subaru. (cause she was helping Tsukasa to log out and all.)
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

mannshjj wrote:I didn't think that was a phase i thought it was a data bug. :shock: (not to argue with a mod obcorse) No, it doesn't apear in the games, only in .hack//SIGN, because Morganna was trying to get rid of Subaru. (cause she was helping Tsukasa to log out and all.)
I could have been mistaken..
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

mannshjj wrote:I didn't think that was a phase i thought it was a data bug. :shock: (not to argue with a mod obcorse) No, it doesn't apear in the games, only in .hack//SIGN, because Morganna was trying to get rid of Subaru. (cause she was helping Tsukasa to log out and all.)
I believe it was sort of both really, I think it was a little (stronger?) than ordinary Data Bugs. But I really dont think it was a phase either.
Johnny hates fun

Post by Johnny hates fun »

It could be one of the Eight Phases, just in a different form, because if Macha can have her cat form in SIGN and her normal form in the games, why can't a different Phase do the same thing? (I'm leaning towards Innis or Finchell)
Hi silly person with the head and two arms and two legs that go BOING!!!!!
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

Well if it was in Sign, then when would it be Data Drained?
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Well, if I recall correctly, Balmung showed up and held it off so that Subaru, Bear, and Mimiru could get past it.

It is, by the way, just a data bug, I believe.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
NiGhT~CrAwLëR
Lowbie

Post by NiGhT~CrAwLëR »

Yeah... but its another problem... If it's a Data Bug, why can do the same atack that the other phases can do? (the atack that do a "wave").
Another question: Guardian is a phase?? Oo||
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

Well, I think it can data drain, because it was about to use an attack on Subaru (before Balmung steped in) that looked alot like Kite's data drain actually. (but i'm sure that particular kind is that like the phase's since it came from Morganna.) I'm guessing Balmung left after he relized that it was undefeatable. No, the Guadian's not a phase.
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

But in SIGN, are there really any Phases?
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

yes, one: Skeith, for like, 2 minutes in episode 26. that's it. that monster at the beginning of the thread is JUST a data bug. nothing else >.> it didn't have data drain or anything like that, it just corrupted the feild it was in (like all data bugs) it's an ordinary data bug, but the animators made it look spiffy to strike fear or something, kinda like they make the World in SIGN all realistic with the mouth movements and stuff so viewers won't be bored.
Rectos Dominos
NiGhT~CrAwLëR
Lowbie

Post by NiGhT~CrAwLëR »

Ok... xD but there's another phase in SIGN...
[spoiler]Maha is a phase, isn't it???[/spoiler]
Of course I havent played to the 3 game xDD I don't know anything...
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

Yes, Maha is a phase.