Who here is for war.

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

The US might be the most powerful country, but there are many different ways that it can be taken down... I can easily think of 13 or 14 different strategic points that are easy targets... Biological Warfare is one easy way of hurting the us... That is one of the key tactics that sadam uses...
- Sudra Koder
"Those who only look forward, find death from behind." - Sudra
HermitIX
Player Character

Post by HermitIX »

I don’t follow politics enough to say weather or not we should go to war. i do think that the president is going about this the wrong way. I think he should build up our defensive abilities. If Iraq attacks first we will have a much stronger position at the UN when we ask for support. Right now all we have are strong suspicions that something is up in Iraq. With greater defense we will be able to minimize the damage if we are attacked first.
::blink:: ::blink:: ::cough::
Inferno
Player Character

Post by Inferno »

good point hermit but if sadam really has weapons of mass destruction then it probably wouldnt matter if we had strong defense or not it would be a hard blow onto the US.
MahoTheNeko
Player Character

Post by MahoTheNeko »

Ok, an outsiders opinion.... ( Dont PK hehehe )
What are u guys just saying.... OK... your country is most powerfull than irak , but , why attak? for oil? for vengance? u dony have arguments to a noble cause, your destroying a country.... so... If u dont know it im german/chilean , and im proud to be that , I hate wars, there are better ways, u cant only attack with the reason " We are powerfull and Sadam is a Pitty Man, Irak got Oil, we want Oil" no.... theres no a good reason, but i think its to late , here comes the war, USA has opened the 3 big war of all the humanity History... here the people in chile die because the war... do u know that? the prices of the bred, the oil, the total markt has become monstereuos Prices that we can't pay... do yuuu guy's know that? its not Only USA-Irak , its the entire World...
Ok, i think my english is to bad to say anything more and in the end you gona see what you maked with this desision...
Que sucede aquí?
veo todo al revéz , donde esta el suelo y cual es la diferencia entre este y el cielo?
Donde acabara esta agonia sicópata? seguro en la oscuridad, como siempre
Inferno
Player Character

Post by Inferno »

I dont think that the people who posted mean exactly that we want war i think that what is ment to be said is that the talking isnt really working. I dont think people here just want war to have war. I realize that war affects not only the country's involved but also the whole world and to tell you th truth i think america sucks and i am an american. I just think that sadam does have to go but if war is the only way to do it then so be it. I personally hate violence and do not wish it upon people in most case's but sadam has had it comeing to him for all the suffering he has caused his people and other country's people's.
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

the effect on the economy of the world isn't just effected by 1 or 2 countries, but the added effects of many countries together...

Though there are many people supporting the war, there are just as many, if not more that oppose it... I am one who opposes it, but my voice doesn't have enough influence to effect any decisions that are made... If I had a good way to influence the actions that are to be taken, I would, but I have looked through a few different sources, and found no way possible for me...

I do agree that Sadam has to go... The UN has tried a few different ways already to remove him from power... The UN Weapons Inspectors are one of those ways... They are trying to make him slip up and reveal anything that they can use to get rid of him... They may not find anything beyond what they have, and what they have isn't enough to remove him immediately...

Until things settle down, the economy of the world is going to be going down hill, and the only thing that i know of to do is to cope with it any way possible...
- Sudra Koder
"Those who only look forward, find death from behind." - Sudra
MahoTheNeko
Player Character

Post by MahoTheNeko »

Please dont call USA "Amerika", there are a lot of other countries in amerika, so dont call it Amerika...

Now... I dont think that the fault is of the USA people in general, i know that many of u are not for the war.. but its shit,... in all the cases its good to know your vision point... im really learning, but... Sadam is a problem of Irak , not yours why do USA attak to destroy sadam if Sadam is Iraks trouble, i havent hearth some Irakie calling for Help from USA or other countries...
In another vision, i hope that France, Germany, Japan and the other countries dont get angry... in that case the peace is 100% over and theres a big war aproaching...
I wanna know what are the news for u?
Here in chile they say today is the attack , and that USA dont need permision of the ONU ( UN for u guys or other countries to attack, the most chilean people think that USA sucks and there are many troubles for peace movements
I dont think USA sucks, there are only ( the most of you ) to arrogant... that's all, but every man has a defect, and theres no problem...
Que sucede aquí?
veo todo al revéz , donde esta el suelo y cual es la diferencia entre este y el cielo?
Donde acabara esta agonia sicópata? seguro en la oscuridad, como siempre
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

I argue with my dad about this all the time, actually. I don't like Bush, and I don't like what he's doing.

Fact is, it's necessary if only to protect ourselves, after the 9/11 incident. Saddam is a threat to us, and thus we go to rid ourselves of that threat. That's a political matter, to assure our safety.

But I don't think that this is the right time to do it. Saddam needs to be ousted because he's a threat, but not right now, especially with the situation with North Korea. I'm afraid that if we mount our forces against Iraq, we will have nothing to defend against Korea with, should they attack.

I don't approve of the US's meddling in other country's troubles like this, from a moral standpoint, but because the world is no longer so separated, and many countries depend on other countries to support their economy, we can't just ignore it, unfortunately.

But George Bush doesn't need to be playing a superhero at a time like this. I don't trust him, frankly, with my safety. I just don't. He's ignoring the stuff he's doing to our economy and it's pissing me off. He's too busy managing his little war and hasn't noticed how he's screwed us over e_e;

As a note, I'd just like to note to those not in the US that the majority of people I know don't approve of what's going on, and don't have the same ideas as our government. A lot of people do, of course, we're a big country with a big ratio of idiots, it's to be expected. But try not to assume that everyone approves o.-

As a moderation note, I'm allowing this thread to continue because discussion has been peaceful and constructive. Good work, guys. Political topics make me wary, but as long as it remains calm and nobody gets uppity, I'll let it continue.

Thanks o.-
Keru
Player Character

Post by Keru »

I really support war, and I'd happily (well, it would hurt lol) die for my country. We all have to think here, this forum or any of us might not even have this discussion if it weren't for soldiers of our different countries fighting for us. Hell, we could all be killed if we had a discussion like this if people didn't fight for us. War is a good thing right now, Tsusuka said we should go after -terrorists- but Saddam is a terrorist. He has to go...but then there's N. Korea.

Both we know have nuclear weapons, both have dangerous leaders. I don't really know the right decision betwee the two though, but I think Saddam won because of the financial issue also....oil. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think we're in it all for the oil, its only a plus.

Ok, I just want to ask this to people. If someone who you see around every once and a while suddenly hits you from behind knocking you down. Would you seriously just get up and walk away like it never happened? I know I wouldn't, I'd get right up and hit the guy back, maybe even kick him a few times!

That's what the USA is doing, and I'm proud to be part of it. Fighting is just part of our instincts. I am all for world peace, but it'll never happen. Just think of how many times you judge people, you could do that and form a bad opinion. Then our instincts take over and we fight wether it be mentally or physically.
I am the warrior
Alone and dangerous...
MithrilKatanaX
Player Character

Post by MithrilKatanaX »

awsome... as of as of now (about 7pm central) Bush gave Sadam 48 hours to leave Iraq or war... so... looks like were gonna go to war on thursday... ***make sure you note my sarcasm... war sucks, its not awsome*** i just got back from the gas station cause i know that prices are gonna spike tomarrow if they havent started already... this sucks...
Ruby Red Rose
Player Character

Post by Ruby Red Rose »

Maho wrote:Please dont call USA "Amerika", there are a lot of other countries in amerika, so dont call it Amerika...
For the record, while many non-English speaking countries in the Americas refer to citizens of the United States of America as "United Statesians" (for example, in Spanish, the phrase is Estadounidense, I believe), and use the term Americans to refer to anyone who lives in either North or South America, here in the USA, when referring to ourselves by our nationality, the term American is used.

Thus, while I understand that as a non-citizen of the USA, but as someone who lives in the Americas, you do not want to be associated with what the USA is doing, "America" is the term that many Americans use to refer to the name of the country of our birth. Heck, the textbook for my US government class uses the term "America" to refer to the USA. Sorry.

And...back on topic:
Maho wrote:Here in chile they say today is the attack , and that USA dont need permision of the ONU ( UN for u guys or other countries to attack
It is my understanding, and please correct me, someone, if I'm wrong...that Bush's argument that since Saddam is ignoring the United Nations' mandates, it is not protected against the Geneva Convention, and that thus, it is the duty of both the USA and the UN to oust Saddam from leadership in Iraq, since he is obviously (hint: this is sarcasm) the main cause of terrorism, and the attack that occurred on 9-11-2002.

Personally, I think that line of reasoning is b- s-, since, from my understanding, the Taliban (the supposed source of the attack) and Saddam, while linked, are separate. By that same logic, we could attack France, since they have sold weaponry to Iraq. @_@;

Of course, that would make the current situation a 3 front war, between Iraq, N. Korea, and a force that doesn't even have borders. More, if you take into account that the USA is not popular right now, and that sides will undoubtedly be taken.
MithrilKatanaX wrote:awsome... as of as of now (about 7pm central) Bush gave Sadam 48 hours to leave Iraq or war... so... looks like were gonna go to war on thursday... ***make sure you note my sarcasm... war sucks, its not awsome*** i just got back from the gas station cause i know that prices are gonna spike tomarrow if they havent started already... this sucks...
Yep. He's all but declared war. *shivers* Isn't the Congress supposed to be the only ones who can do that?!?

I keep hearing that this is supposed to be a quick and relatively clean military action that will be over in a matter of weeks. I don't believe it for a moment.
Due to circumstances beyond your control, you are master of your fate and captain of your soul.
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Maho wrote:Please dont call USA "Amerika", there are a lot of other countries in amerika, so dont call it Amerika...
Random nitpicky comment... In Japan, they say "America' (actually, amerika, in kana) for United States. I wouldn't be surprised if other countries did as well.

Anyway, carry on.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

Ruby Red Rose wrote:Thus, while I understand that as a non-citizen of the USA, but as someone who lives in the Americas, you do not want to be associated with what the USA is doing, "America" is the term that many Americans use to refer to the name of the country of our birth. Heck, the textbook for my US government class uses the term "America" to refer to the USA. Sorry.
I'm starting to wonder if I should just start refering to the USA as the United States of Idiots - one nation under one BIG idiot. I don't want to associate 'us' with those outside because if -I- lived outside the USA, I certainly wouldn't want to be grouped in the same category, under the same name. But yeah... anyways. c.c;
Ruby Red Rose wrote:Of course, that would make the current situation a 3 front war, between Iraq, N. Korea, and a force that doesn't even have borders. More, if you take into account that the USA is not popular right now, and that sides will undoubtedly be taken.
I'm scared how the world will react to us if things continue to go this way. I mean, I was reading in the paper this morning how everything is going to change, the way the world's countries work together. I don't know all the terms and rules and everything, since I never paid attention before (You can bet I'm regretting that now. x.x), but one thing I can tell, is that we aren't the good guys here. We're not neccesarily the bad guys, but we're definitely not 'good' by any means. When all of this is over, where will we be welcome and where will we be hated? I want to travel the world some day if I ever am lucky enough to do so. I doubt it could happen if friendships between countries continue to deteriorate.

Not only that but it seems like they were saying they were trying to make changes to the rules, where preemptive attacks such as we are doing now would be allowed in the future? Sure with the idea in mind to keep bad things from happening, we would stop things from ever getting bad... but I honestly don't think it's that easy. What will other countries do when they 'suspect' another country is overstepping the line? I personally think war is going to be more likely after things like this. People will be more edgey, less trusting, and... you get my point, right?
Keru wrote:Ok, I just want to ask this to people. If someone who you see around every once and a while suddenly hits you from behind knocking you down. Would you seriously just get up and walk away like it never happened? I know I wouldn't, I'd get right up and hit the guy back, maybe even kick him a few times!
I understand what you mean with this. But also a perspective from the other side, along the lines of what Sora said:
What if you had a fight with your boyfriend/girlfriend, and it was a personal matter. It may take a long time and a lot of work to solve the problem, but with guidance and suggestions from your other friends, perhaps things would work out. But what if say, your parents or your roomate came in and started telling you EXACTLY how you were going to do things, when you were going to meet, and gosh-darnit you two -ARE- going to make up, or you're going to your room. It doesn't seem quite fair now does it?

Both sides make sense... its just, when are you overstepping your boundaries, and when are you not?

All in all, I guess what I'm saying here is, I still don't want war. I had things pointed out to me yesterday why we are doing it, and I understand it... but it's still stupid, and we're still doing it the wrong way. We're tearing down everything that was there before, and if we actually -have- peace when all of this is over, I'll be honestly surprised.
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
Inferno
Player Character

Post by Inferno »

Well the way i see it is that the USA is going to war its inevitable which is sad to say because war sucks. There is probably another way to go but i think we just dont know right now. It would be great if we could have 100% peace but this is nearly impossible because people have problems with other people's custom's looks and religion. I only we could be united as one world of people and not be a world of different nations. We are all humans from part of the same race on the same planet so i think we should learn to live with each other.
Shapeshifter
Lowbie

Post by Shapeshifter »

I'm only in high school but my dream is to make it to the Naval Acadamy and become an officer and my opinion on the war is its about time people say we should wait but Sadam is a threat we waited 12 years and he did nothing. Now I know N Korea is acting up and I know they have powerful wepons but still there is no more time for waiting he has been called out.

~Proud to be an american~ 8)
Forest
I see a sea of green and listen to the birds sing while the crikets play there music. I go to a speical place where friends and family are at my side and I know I can live agian in the forest
~Shapeshifter~

I hope u like I made it my self