Who here is for war.

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Inferno
Player Character

Post by Inferno »

shapeshifter i know what ya mean sadam has to go. But imagine is we where a world of one that would be great. Then we couldd focus on actual problems like the cure for cancer ad other stuff like that.
Shapeshifter
Lowbie

Post by Shapeshifter »

Yes I know that but we can't band together when there is a madman (my opinion) with nucular wepons and liters of anthrax.
Forest
I see a sea of green and listen to the birds sing while the crikets play there music. I go to a speical place where friends and family are at my side and I know I can live agian in the forest
~Shapeshifter~

I hope u like I made it my self
Inferno
Player Character

Post by Inferno »

That is true but there is always the future my friend all we have to look forward to now is the future.And hopefully one day we will be a great race.
Shapeshifter
Lowbie

Post by Shapeshifter »

ok when you said that I started thinking of the Nazis (we just studied the Holocaust) and thier Idea of a "Perfect race"
Forest
I see a sea of green and listen to the birds sing while the crikets play there music. I go to a speical place where friends and family are at my side and I know I can live agian in the forest
~Shapeshifter~

Inferno
Player Character

Post by Inferno »

lol no no im not a nazis! lol i mean is we will all be one race instead of many races that discriminate even though we will be many races but we will be one race the human race. Understand?
MithrilKatanaX
Player Character

Post by MithrilKatanaX »

by the time we are one united human race, we wont have a planet left to live on

but it will never happen because there are too many people that think they have the only right idea... basically its not politically possible...

it is estimated that every minute 150 ppl are added to the worlds population, every hour 9000 ppl are added to the worlds pop, every day 215,000 ppl are added, and it is estimated that every 1.5 years, 310 million people are born... the aproximate population of the united states is only 287 million...

in 2002 the worlds population reached 6 billion people... double that of what it was in 1960... it took 40 years to double the population...

it is estimated that by 2030, only 27 years from now, the worlds population will have doubled again... that is 12 billion people...

its is also estimated that our planet can only hold 12 to 14 billion people, and thats is if it is in perfect condition, and lest face it, we have f**ked our planet up severely...

so... i ask you all... is it really a bad thing that war is brewing in many parts of the world...

yea, it may suck...

but whats better... kill a few people now and prolong the inevitable (the inevitable being mass famine, poverty, etc.)...

or...

have mass destruction now and get it over with...

should we witness the pain and suffering and loss now, and put our lives toward the purpose of rebuilding and preventing it from happing again... or should we stand by and watch our cities and lands become over crowded and watch as the world slides into economic depression because there are more people than jobs an no one has the money to support themselves, or a family, and watch a our planet is destroied because we care more about material gain than we do about the health and welfare of others...

overpopulation is the worlds #1 problem...

the planet goes through natural periods of extinction and then rebuilding

the human race is pushing the planet into its next extinction at an accelerated rate and most of us dont even care, but when it is time, they will whine and cry and want someone to fix it for them... we will most likely be the next major species to go and it is our own damn fault... it is time we take responsibility for what we have done and will do

ever seen the matrix? remember agent smith? remember when he said that the human race is a virus? well... maybe he was right... maybe we are a virus, but when a virus's job is done, its host dead, its is able to move on to another one... will we be able to move on? but one thing that does set us apart from the common virus is that we dont just kill our host, we kill everything, including eachother and ourselves... its time to stop being the virus and become a vaccine...but how does a vaccine work? well... it kills the virus... so what makes america the vaccine and iraq the virus... im sure they see the roles reversed... what gives us the right to make our live better by ending others... is it god? is there really a god? if there is why is this happening... i remember hearing stories about the cities of sin or whatever... evil people killed by gods wrath... or what about the story of noah's arc... a new beginning for the world... only two of everything so the world could repopulate and recouperate from all of the bad and evil... if there really was a god in control of humanity i dont believe that there would be as many wold problems as there are now... i think maybe, just mabye that religion was just created all those years ago so someone, somewhere, could justify fighting and war and the control of other people... fight for your "beliefes" live with "morals"... yea, we all have them, wether we want them or not, but what are they really based on? why have faith in religion if you have no faith in what religion is supposed to control?

there, i have said my piece... you basically know my political and theological standpoint and outlook on life... maybe a little off topic, but not really because its all connected in the end isnt it (not my post, the ideas presented in it as applied to life)... feel free to quote, copy or anything else you want to with it, but read it and think about it... use it for classroom discussion if you want to... i have many times... most of all, think
Ruby Red Rose
Player Character

Post by Ruby Red Rose »

MithrilKatanaX: Eh, I'm still an idealist who thinks birth control can solve over population. The fact that it isn't practiced by large segments of the population is the reason that the global population is stilll booming.

I'm going to pull a quote I think is appropriate:
John F. Kennedy wrote:What kind of peace do I mean? What kind of peace do we seek? Not a Pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war....I am talking about genuine peace, the kind of peace that makes life of earth worth living, the kind that enables mean and nations to grow and to hope and to build a better life for their children--not merely peace for Americans but peace for all men and women--not merely peace in our time but peace for all time...Total war makes no sense...in an age when the deadly poisons produced by a nuclear exchange would be carried by wind and water and soil to seed to the far corners of the globe and to generations yet unborn...

First: Let us examine our attitude toward peace itself. Too many of us think it is impossible....

We need not accept that view. Out problems are manmade--therefore, they can be solved by man...No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings....And if we cannote end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final analysis, our...common lik is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breath the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we all are mortal.
I believe that peace is possible. It's the reason the UN was established in the first place. Unfortunately, it just isn't happening.

I think that Bush is going to destroy this relative peace that we have enjoyed up until now, and things will get much more "interesting" very soon. And by interesting, I'm referencing the curse, "May your life be intersting." :? That is why I fear this war.
Due to circumstances beyond your control, you are master of your fate and captain of your soul.
MithrilKatanaX
Player Character

Post by MithrilKatanaX »

i do believe that peace is possible too, sometime, somewhere... that time and place is not currently here (earth) and now... i tend to make extremist statements and views, but moreso when i am explaning or making a point, and that is what i was trying to do, hopefull its has worked, hopefully some people have read it and have started think... i do not totally believe all of what i wrote before, because people can change, society can change, and we can fix some of our problems in a civil and peaceul manner, but i do believe most of what i said, as worst-case-senerio it may be...
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

There will never be peace in the sense of a utopia.

However, there will be comfort and security in our lives so long as people do not concentrate on preventing conflict, as that's simply impossible, but on resolving it in a constructive manner.

I'd write more, but I just woke up z.z;
Inferno
Player Character

Post by Inferno »

good point sora very good point :)
Shapeshifter
Lowbie

Post by Shapeshifter »

bravo bravo good point I know your not a nazi and I understand that but a perfect race is impossible but peace is only a vision unless we can stop madmen with bombs.
Forest
~Shapeshifter~

Inferno
Player Character

Post by Inferno »

yes i know but it can be accomplished :wink:
Shapeshifter
Lowbie

Post by Shapeshifter »

Yes it can and thats what bush is trying to do. Did you here that the lead singer from the Dixie chicks said something bad bout bush and now there CD's are being stmped and riped apart in Texas. any way we should at least try to rally by bush and end terrorism for the time being.
Forest
~Shapeshifter~

Zippy Zion
Player Character

Post by Zippy Zion »

Support your contry! Don't complain!

I'm not all for war but I'll support my contry if it goes for it (as long as there are good reasons).

I don't see any big problems from a war with Iraq. They should be defeated within 4-5 months. Maybe not even that long. The only think I'm a little edgy about... well... I hope Bush learned something from all this. I really don't want to see him screw up this badly with North Korea. Not to start a panic or anything but North Korea has missles that can hit the west coast... with nukes... Bush better not screw that one up or I'm moving to Austrailla.
MithrilKatanaX
Player Character

Post by MithrilKatanaX »

again, to play the devils advocate, for the sake of furthering our discussion, because im having a little fun with it...

do you really believe that prople would be able to except a peaceful world, or even one without major international conflict? there would be a large percentage of the worlds population that would not know what to do with themselves...

war and conflict are human nature... look at ireland... there has been fighting there are many hundreds of years and it is still going on, maybe its not very prominent and open, but it is there... and look at the isreal/palestine thing... everyone wants more, and the only way to get more is to take it from someone else, and that creates conflict