Who here is for war.

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Inferno
Player Character

Who here is for war.

Post by Inferno »

Before responding to this post you must agree not to flame anybody for there opinions and what not cause thats just not right. :P

I am for war with iraq for only certain reasons. One i think Sadam has to go. And two to free the iraqy people's. I do not believe it is the people are bad i think that it is just sadam and his group. You can not judge one group of people just on how one or a certain number of people act.

Now the question comes to this am i willing to fight for this country? I would have to say No because we are all on the same planet and we better just learn to live with eachother, we are the same race of people Humans we shouldn't even be seperated by color or ethnic background. Well thats all i have to say for now.
Naruto
Lowbie

Post by Naruto »

can you say World War 3? :p

here r sum reasons

1.sudam

2. Iraq clearly sucks

3. No I'm not going to fight 4 my contry...I'm lazier than heck!

4. I said enough
...welcome to my world...
MithrilKatanaX
Player Character

Post by MithrilKatanaX »

i have stopped caring... i have lost faith in humanity ans society... i really dont care what happens anymore... maybe a nuclear hollocust is the way to go... get rid of everything and start over...

p.s.: i may say nuclear hollocust is the way to go, but i still think it would suck if it happened so try not to think im morbid and crazy and stuff...
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

Everyone's crazy... I don't know anybody who meets the government regulations of "sane"...

now... about the war... i'd feel right at home... there's a war going on in my head constantly, so i wouldn't see things any different... the only reason i wouldn't want it is because the prices on everything will more than likely go up...
- Sudra Koder
"Those who only look forward, find death from behind." - Sudra
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

The thing is, I don't think we should be picking any fights with Iraq. True, that there is the chance that Saddam is supplying the terrorists their weapons and whatnot, but... I don't think that they're who we need to worry about. We need to handle the -terrorists- themselves for now...

...but I honestly think that the situation with North Korea is much worse than the one with Iraq. Everyone's focused on the whole problem with Iraq. Iraq this. Iraq that. The thing I've got a problem with is that we don't know for sure if Iraq has weapons of mass destruction... but we do know that there is a high possibility of North Korea having them... and they seem a touch trigger happy for my tastes. Bah. @.@;;;

There are so many little parallels I can make to what's happening in our society today to things I've seen in other stories (books, movies, anime, and manga), but... I can say that this type of situation (Heroes: "So and so is a big bully! He must be the bad guy!" Antagonist: "You're just getting in my way! I'm going to kick around!" REAL Villian: "I am the real villian! Hahaha! I will win while you two are busy fighting each other!") is the one that drives me crazy the most because it's infuriating to watch it unfold. ( Asmaria and Sora should know the series that it's driving me the most nuts with right now, too. c.- )

I'm afraid our situation is much like that... and we just need to keep our eyes on -everything- at once, rather than focus on one or the other. And I'm not saying split into a war on two fronts. That's suicidal. We need to back off, and watch things before we even make a move.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

You know... I've never been good at giving my opinion on these sort of things, and I really was going to stay out of this topic... but I do want to speak up and say that I do agree here with what Tsukasa is saying... And more than anything else, I just think that everyone out there is just a big bunch of STUPID idiots that can't see anything else other than the fact that 'so and so's picking on me, I'm gonna show them not to mess with me! wah wah wah! ;.;' and stuff like that. Thats all that I see it as, a big giant political hissyfit. So yeah, I'm not for war either. u.u
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
Naruto
Lowbie

Post by Naruto »

woo! finally I say something stupid on this and no one criticizes me!
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Naruto wrote:woo! finally I say something stupid on this and no one criticizes me!
That's because this is a very serious subject. If you don't take this seriously, it's probably worth having you ousted out of the genepool, because not only is war a bad thing, but if this becomes a question of 'I have the bigger mass destruction weapons', we could have a dire situation on our hands, indeed.

We -really- don't want nuclear war to break out, or even biological. Honestly, I'm more afraid of the biological than nuclear, but that's just me. However... I'm saying it again. The situation we're in with Iraq and North Korea is not one to kid around about.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
MithrilKatanaX
Player Character

Post by MithrilKatanaX »

what happened to the good ol' days of cold wars... everyone just talked s**t but never did anything, sorta like a high school fight...

wow... ive never seen a forum that changed words that are considered "foul"... that sucks... yea i respect the rules, but sometimes you need the freedom of expression...
Naruto
Lowbie

Post by Naruto »

just like a high school fight ^_^ been in enough of those! hehe

I said an alternative word for butt and it changed it to tree! lol
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

*rubs his head in pain*

All I'm gonna say about this is that I'm not against war with Iraq, but I'm not exactly for it either. At this point I'd just rather get out of the damn country as fast as I can.

I mean, Doomsayers could easily pin down an Evil omen and two of the horsemen of the apocalypse

I mean, honestly I really don't put much credit in it all, but I'm definately more scared of disease than I am of nukes. Though they're both equally bad. I'd just like to get out of the country and away from populated centers.
MithrilKatanaX
Player Character

Post by MithrilKatanaX »

why worry about disease... duct tape is supposed to save the country from that... ::dies of laughter::
Ruby Red Rose
Player Character

Post by Ruby Red Rose »

Duct tape. Riiiight. Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

My opinion is that EVERY possible effort should ALWAYS be made to resolve conflict before resorting to this kind of violence. War=Death=Pain=Bad!

That said, I agree that the North Korea situation is scarier than the Iraq one. I especially agree with Tsukasa about NK being trigger happy. *shivers*

What I find really scary is that while most discussions I run across on the net are anti-war, the opinion polls that I've read are more pro-war. About 60%, wasn't it? :(

I keep having this horrible suspicion that the real reason for war is not anti-terrorism, ignoring UN resolves, or even oil. I have this horrible suspicion that for the current president of the USA, the real reason is a personal slight against him by Saddam. This is, of course, nothing I can prove, but...

To quote Bruno (an online webcomic by C. Baldwin) "There you are. I thought I might find you here. You've been reading the news again, haven't you?" "Yes. And you can't MAKE me get out of this bed. Ever."
Due to circumstances beyond your control, you are master of your fate and captain of your soul.
Inferno
Player Character

Post by Inferno »

Wow you all have pretty strong opinions about this and what tsukasa said opens a whole different pade on the whole subject it really makes ya think about whats what in the real world ya know?
Shapeshifter
Lowbie

Post by Shapeshifter »

For War? Ask yourself this if they do fight back does it matter? no wanna know why CAUSE WE GOT THE BOMBS :) ITS LIKE THIS AMARICA IS THE MOST POWERFUL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD SOME SMALL COUNTRY (France) TRIES TO FIGHT BACK BLOW THEM UP GIVE THEM $1,000,000 SAY IF YOU WANT A REMATCH CALL US. NOW THERE'S IRAQ IRAN IRAQ IRAN BLOW THEM BOTH UP AND SAY SORRY WE CAN'T SPELL. thank you

P.S Just kill Sadam and make every one (but france) happy :twisted:
Forest
I see a sea of green and listen to the birds sing while the crikets play there music. I go to a speical place where friends and family are at my side and I know I can live agian in the forest
~Shapeshifter~

I hope u like I made it my self