Could it work?

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
job_trunhilt
Player Character

Could it work?

Post by job_trunhilt »

Could an organization like Crimson Knights work in real life MMORPG's??? I've seen couple tries at 'keep the order' and all, but most of them just fell through... I guess .hack//sign was showing the general trend that road to hell is paved with good intentions: when Ginkan tried his "justice with strength" (rather justice BY strength, as we see) case with Subaru, so to speak...
Last edited by job_trunhilt on Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hail Lotor!
error
Player Character

Post by error »

For some odd reason, I think they got paid to be the moderators... I know the knights in LoTB did...
[The Adventures of Dane and Chase] <- Click the linkie, I dare you.
job_trunhilt
Player Character

Post by job_trunhilt »

Perhaps they were paid, but I believe if they were, may be they were compensated with playing time and rare items: because their duty consisted of no more than reporting bugs in the game and helping out newbies.
Hail Lotor!
ShadowFantasy4
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by ShadowFantasy4 »

yeah scarlet knights are basicly a guild and all games have guilds or the ones i play atleast
Shadow Rose
Player Character

job_trunhilt

Post by Shadow Rose »

what is mmorgp
One mystery begets the next and the doors of fate are opened.
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Mass Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Lazzaruss
Lowbie

Post by Lazzaruss »

and LoTB?
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

'Legend of Twilight Bracelet' if i am not mistaken...
- Sudra Koder
"Those who only look forward, find death from behind." - Sudra
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Yes, and I need to correct this before it gets let off wrong.

The Crimson Knights were -not- paid. They were players. Kinda like a group of people on a message board may help the moderators without the moderator status.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

This misconception is naturally corrected in further detail later in the series.
Shadow Rose
Player Character

Post by Shadow Rose »

thanks for filling me in on the mass multiplayer thing i always thaught a game like that was classified as a social rpg
One mystery begets the next and the doors of fate are opened.
Black Lotus
Player Character

Post by Black Lotus »

The crimson knights act as moderators in The World. I do the same thing for EA and for a few other mmorpg's that are out nowadays and the situation is slightsly different. While most companies choose not to pay cash i get free services and goods fromsome of them. Because the positions are volunteer and are highly coveted i dont feel that i am due any payment because i enjoy what i do.
P.S. I broke 100!
Kenshin is awesome!
Dark Hawk

Post by Dark Hawk »

Ok this may be stupid question, :? but where can I find one of these MMORPG places :?: *gets ready to dodge the incoming stuff that being thrown at him* :shock: Can't spell oi :cry:
Last edited by Dark Hawk on Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When darkness trys to overtakes the world, a hero is born. But now darkness is trying again, but no hero is born. What happen to him? Are you that lost Hero? (yes I am Crazy but smart most of the times)
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

It's probably best to post this question in another topic, rather than on this one... and most likely on the Babble Board.

However, most MMORPGs can be found at a nearby game store that sells computer games- that may be your best place to start.
Dark Hawk

Post by Dark Hawk »

thanks for the tip.

And no I don't think it would work in MMORPG if they are anything like the rp's I heard about in MIRC servers (like #30xx_rp on peaceful haven's server). Watch it a couple of times, kinda liked it, saw someone try to keep order like the CK but failed every time.
When darkness trys to overtakes the world, a hero is born. But now darkness is trying again, but no hero is born. What happen to him? Are you that lost Hero? (yes I am Crazy but smart most of the times)