H-o-w-d-y

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
KidGenki
Player Character

Costume doubters

Post by KidGenki »

:shock:

Heeeeey now lets not start doubting all our creative minds plus the easiest costume i know i can make is Spike Spiegel infact i really have made it and wore it to school one day but no one knew what it was....
" Im not saying
goodbye or hiding from the World im just saying screw it..."
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

... COSPLAY IS THE BANE OF MY LIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE :O

*cries and delves back into the realm of sewing-ness to finish x___X;;;*
Ohseki Ayu
Player Character

Post by Ohseki Ayu »

(*sweatdrops and snugs poor Sora-chan*)

Ganbare, Sora~ u.u;
Because the Emerald Green is in the hand that plucked flowers,
It changes its appearance to the sky, wind, earth
~ T H E : E T E R N A L : M I N D ~ [http://theeternalmind.sterlingsylver.net/]
Nanaki Tsukasa Mikage
Player Character

Post by Nanaki Tsukasa Mikage »

:: hug @ Sora! ::

Good luck! X3 I need to start sewing soon too.. for the top of my Tsuka-kun costume. @_x
http://ayashinoceres.proboards15.com/ =X AnC fans, join. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LMFAO
KidGenki
Player Character

What Now Mikage!

Post by KidGenki »

Say mikage what are you planning to make your weapon with that just now crossed my mind ?
" Im not saying
Nanaki Tsukasa Mikage
Player Character

I have no real idea yet, but my mom bought up maybe we can do something like this.

Take a sort of fabric, and make two identical shapes (outline of the staff), and then stuff it with cotton or something so it's light. =D Something like that. So I can hit people with it, wooo!!
http://ayashinoceres.proboards15.com/ =X AnC fans, join. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LMFAO
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

WAH! I can help with this! *cracks knuckles and tries to remember stuff from Amtguard*

If all else fails, you can go to amtguard.com - find a group near you, because I know that there are plenty in the NYC area, and you can definately see 'bout asking them for advice on how to make an ornate staff weapon that you can bean people upside the head with.

Amtguard is a specialty medieval combat group that creates weapons with pipes and foam pipe insulation just for that purpose. I've known people who can create things such as Cloud's Buster Sword from FF7 in such a way that it's light, durable, and actually easy to strike others with without causing life threatening concussions. -_^

The base is to take a piece of PVC pipe, create a soft foam core piece in the shape of the end of the weapon you want. Cover it in a couple of layers as such, and create a piece of material that fits said shape, and slip it over then sew it down at it's end point. Make sure it's soft enough so that you don't feel the pipe through the form, though. And voila! Instant head-beater! XD

It's a lot of fun- I almost made a few small swords just for the heck of it recently. n.n
Neko_Chan

Post by Neko_Chan »

I've never been to an anime convention nor have I Cosplayed. I'm doing it this year at Anime North in Toronto. So far I'm only being Shampoo(from Ranma of Course).

*Sings the opening theme from S1*
Nanaki Tsukasa Mikage
Player Character

Ah! I'll keep that in mind and look into it soon. :: saves site :: x3 THANKIES!
SaberWolf
Player Character

Post by SaberWolf »

If you're gonna make a staff, use card-board, wire, either a hallow metal rod, or wooden staff,duct tape, and paper mache for the structure. PLus you can always go to a professional costume designer's shop who does things for play productions to get ideas. That is always a good course of action ^_^.
runs wit scissors
KidGenki
Player Character

Good Thinking.

Post by KidGenki »

Sounds like Tsukana-Tsukana Has been to quite a few anime conventions and alot of expirence with costumes, gee maybe i will never get to expirence the hassle of trying to make one but atleast some one like Neko Has come and he hasent been to a convention either now i dont feel alone!
:D
" Im not saying