What's your favorite MMORPG???

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.

What's your favorite MMORPG?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:18 am

Anarchy Online
No votes
Everquest
No votes
Earth And Beyond
13%
Asheron's Call
No votes
Dark Age of Camelot
No votes
Lineage
No votes
The World (hehe)
50%
Other
38%

Total votes: 16

job_trunhilt
Player Character

What's your favorite MMORPG???

Post by job_trunhilt »

Speaking of online games... Let's take a quick poll of online (?) game popularity.
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

I'd have suggested putting Ragnarok Online on there, since a number of us (what was it last time, 4? ~_~; ) play on there.

But it looks like you got most of the other major ones.. Are you counting Asheron's Call 2 in with Asheron's Call?
job_trunhilt
Player Character

Post by job_trunhilt »

That's what I forgot!!!! RO! I used to play when it was in US Beta!
And yes, Asherons call 2 included in the catagorie, for the same reason why I didn't put Everquest expansions.
Hail Lotor!
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

RO~~~~! T_T Even though I've only played twice, and the server went down. ^_^; Ah well. Soon...
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
LimeyBrit
Lowbie

Post by LimeyBrit »

1st would be "The World", since it would be stunning if they can implement it a similar way (with VR headsets, dark conspiracies etc) as depicted in .hack.

2nd? Has to be RO, given the amount of time I've spent on there recently! :)
Kaiden
Lowbie

Post by Kaiden »

Yes....RO.... I love it, *remembering 'old' times* great game.
You forgot Phantasy Star Online too :P
The World of course :wink: heh. Does anyone know if Phantasy Star Online will release in Europe? I mean the PC ver.
SigmaFlare
Lowbie

Post by SigmaFlare »

eh?? i thought PSO wasn't....PC just internet....ehhh....@.@..but of course i vote for the world. 1. being i haven't played the others and 2. i know only of the world.

P.s. I think making a The World would be awesome but if they tried to make it too much like .hack it would fail because you would compare it with .hack and though we are technologically advanced enough to start preparing for it i don't think we are far enough to make it exactly like we see in the anime
"Find the truth with your own eyes." -Bear
job_trunhilt
Player Character

Post by job_trunhilt »

Kaiden wrote:Yes....RO.... I love it, *remembering 'old' times* great game.
You forgot Phantasy Star Online too :P
The World of course :wink: heh. Does anyone know if Phantasy Star Online will release in Europe? I mean the PC ver.
Yeah, PSO too!!! I think I am losing my mind or something... forgetting those games. Somewhat looking forward to Richard Garriot's Tabula Rasa.
Hail Lotor!
Furik
Player Character

Post by Furik »

My favorite MMORPG right now is Talesweaver ^-^
job_trunhilt
Player Character

Post by job_trunhilt »

SigmaFlare wrote:I think making a The World would be awesome but if they tried to make it too much like .hack it would fail because you would compare it with .hack and though we are technologically advanced enough to start preparing for it i don't think we are far enough to make it exactly like we see in the anime
True, I looked at some of the VR goggles on the market, they are still much too expensive. Same with graphics, current games are still far from cinematic quality. (very close though)

And Talesweaver looks awesome! I must start playing it this moment!
Hail Lotor!
Let
Lowbie

Post by Let »

Is there a english version of Talesweaver?
natsukaze
Lowbie

Post by natsukaze »

^_^ yes RO! I love RO... even though sometimes server problems and evil players make the game not fun... but anyways yeah... RO is probably the best mmorpg game i've played (gameplay wise). I currently have a lvl 60 something assassin and I'm waiting fo RO to re-open =\
Harukana Sorani Chikae
Owaranai Kibo-to-yu Umi-wo
Furik
Player Character

Post by Furik »

Let wrote:Is there a english version of Talesweaver?
Not at the moment, they do not plan to create an English version.
Gandalf
Lowbie

Post by Gandalf »

I should probably go out and buy an MMORPG sometimes. I'll be taking part in the Dragon Empires beta though, and this game is sounding very very promising. It's about as close to The World as can get without needing more advanced technology.
Black Lotus
Player Character

Post by Black Lotus »

Gandalf wrote:I should probably go out and buy an MMORPG sometimes. I'll be taking part in the Dragon Empires beta though, and this game is sounding very very promising. It's about as close to The World as can get without needing more advanced technology.
Im betaing (that a word?) for DE as well but god knows how long it will take those fools to get something working up and running. They emailed me like 6 months ago via EA asking me to get some vet beta testers and they have yet to deliver a game to test. Check it out though, dragonempires.com
P.S. I broke 100!
Kenshin is awesome!