Misc. Stuff about today's (02/08) episode

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Yahiko

Misc. Stuff about today's (02/08) episode

Post by Yahiko »

Well, after seeing today's episode, "Guardian," I have a few things to say.

First of all, I'm pretty happy that Bandai didn't do anything to "Fake Wings" since they left the word "hell" in there.. well, maybe that doesn't really matter but I just wanted to mention that. ^_^

Also, did anyone else think that Sora's voice was.. well, cute? It fits him pretty well, I suppose but I wonder if he'll be saying all the nonsense words he was known for in the Japanese version. I think he did say "Ta da!" in front of the Crimson Knights, but I couldn't really make it out. Maybe I should watch over my tape and find out.

[Edit] Rar, I forgot to mention that I'm a bit peeved that they call Ginkan, "The Silver Knight" now. o_@
Last edited by Yahiko on Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Gravitation is the force of attraction.. it obeys no logic and no reason. It's not fate, it's GRAVITATION."
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

Essentially the song remains the same.. and if I remember correctly his voice is done by the same person who did Jinnai in El Hazard, which means he can play a dem fine fruitcake.
~ Resident Voodoo Techie ~
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Also, did anyone else think that Sora's voice was.. well, cute? It fits him pretty well, I suppose but I wonder if he'll be saying all the nonsense words he was known for in the Japanese version. I think he did say "Ta da!" in front of the Crimson Knights, but I couldn't really make it out. Maybe I should watch over my tape and find out.

[Edit] Rar, I forgot to mention that I'm a bit peeved that they call Ginkan, "The Silver Knight" now. o_@
HYAHAHA!! My voice actor is awesome! I approve!

Yes, they're doing a wonderful job thus far, I'm very very -very- pleased! And so far he's spoken nonsense! Not the exact same nonsense (he said something like 'Harrum!' when he arrived in front of the knights, instead of his normal 'bamyon!'

All the same, I love it ^^

Regarding Ginkan being 'Silver Knight', that -is- his name in Japanese, actually o.o That's what he's called on the CyberConnect2 sight, too ^^; so, that's his official name ^o^;
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

It's a little bit jarring..

But I can see the reasoning behind translating it in such a manner.

Ginkan is a rather militaristic sort, and there's a certain air of mystery to him. Who was he before he joined the Knights? You could almost say that he plays the role of the 'mysterious masked man' in the series..
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Who was he before he joined the Knights? You could almost say that he plays the role of the 'mysterious masked man' in the series..
Actually, based on my own experience, he might have met Krim and Subaru as another PC, decided to join, and created a character -just- for the purpose of being a Crimson Knight o_o I did that ^^; sort of. Met someone, and created a character to 'match' his ^^; That's a good possibility for Ginkan's character name, right?
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

I'm reminded of the golden days of PSO.. and the rather bizarre Red Ribbon Army. A cadre of about 30-40 little FOnewmarls, each one set to the smallest possible height and weight. Each one was named >RR< and a number. Seeing them all flocking together in one place was rather like Kindergarten letting out.
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

I think Silver Knight does sound kinda stupid, but perhaps the word Ginkan sounds silly to the Japanese as well? Anyways, I know why they did it... but if thats' so, why not just call Tsukasa 'Director' or something? XD
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Anyways, I know why they did it... but if thats' so, why not just call Tsukasa 'Director' or something? XD
Because then you'd have something to spawn a .hack//SIGN and Excel Saga crossover and I'd have to shoot you.

But as far as Ginkan sounding odd in Japanese.. I have no idea o.o; I should ask someone sometime.. if.. I ever met someone to ask ^^;
Yahiko

Post by Yahiko »

You know, it makes me wonder how they're gonna address him when they're face to face with each other.

"So, Silver Knight, how YOU doin'?"

..hehe ha he .. *cough*

"Gravitation is the force of attraction.. it obeys no logic and no reason. It's not fate, it's GRAVITATION."
SaberWolf
Player Character

Post by SaberWolf »

Actually, Genkin probably does sound odd in Japanese. I friend of mine speaks it and told me that pretty much every word in their language ends in a vowel. I guess they decided to make fun of the name Genki.
runs wit scissors
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

Ginkin might sound a little odd....

But his name is Ginkan...
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Actually, Genkin probably does sound odd in Japanese. I friend of mine speaks it and told me that pretty much every word in their language ends in a vowel. I guess they decided to make fun of the name Genki.
Well.. his name is 'Ginkan', for one thing, and the truth is, while most words end with an open 'vowel' sound (there aren't vowels in Japanese), some, and many words end with 'n', 'Kin' being one of them (Ginkan is two 'words' put together, somewhat)

And as said before, 'Ginkan', logically, mean 'Silver Knight', though we've been getting odd readings of the kanji @@;;
SaberWolf
Player Character

Post by SaberWolf »

Gaaah! I messed up spelling again!

* goes off into some woods...*

BOOM!!!
*mushroom cloud*

*walks back*
*smells like gun powder and nitro*

Fun!
runs wit scissors
Jetfire99
Player Character

Post by Jetfire99 »

I guess I got used to Ginkan being Ginkan from the Subbed eps of the show I watched. Anyhow so long as the character's personality is intact right? Still that is an interesting point. Who was Ginkan before he joined the Scarlet Knights and if he made a char to be a Knight. Does he have his old one around still? >.> <.<
As the Rain falls...
I close my eyes...
And dream of rings...
spinning in the darkness....

-An unknown Hunter
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

Hmm. That's an interesting thought. Has anyone cross referenced Ginkan's voice with the other characters in the setting?