Forum Improvement Needed...sorta

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
SaberWolf
Player Character

Forum Improvement Needed...sorta

Post by SaberWolf »

Hey, I'm not complaining about this place. It's cool, serves my .hack//sign needs, and is efficient. The only thing I wish this place had was an avatar selection thingie. If ya wanna see the other forum I frequent (though not as often now that my stupid school had Bess block the sight and the fact that I have to -live- here) and see what I've gotten kinda use to, check out this place: www.ponju.com/forum
THe guy poju there is cool, and I have no idea how that forum got so popular. Maybe one of you veterans of otaku-ism can figure it out. I refuse to use my mental capacity to figure that out tho. I usually get side-tracked talking to friends, so I've given up.
runs wit scissors
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

I think the general reason that they haven't added any avatars to the forum itself is simply because they want people to create their own avatars instead, to provide a certain amount of distinctiveness.
~ Resident Voodoo Techie ~
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Ouka is correct ^^; Also, if you aren't capable of creating your own individual icon, I don't think it's fair to ask us to spend the time making them ^^;;

But more importantly, it helps us moderators tell people apart when we have to skim through threads and can't necessarily read every name. Most of us look at icons instead.

This is a decision made by the moderators, and I don't think we're going to change it right now, especially since these forums started up a few days ago ^^;
SaberWolf
Player Character

Post by SaberWolf »

So that why this place seems to dang spankin' clean and shiny!
*sparkles*
Muahahaha! I can say I was here from the (almost) beginning!
*mumbles*...even if I am pretty ignorant about most of the series. *cheerfully* but that can be changed with a few hundred bucks, a flash light, and a portable DVD player!

Waaaahhh! i need a joooooob! *sob*
runs wit scissors
Myaru
Lowbie

Post by Myaru »

On the subject of avatars... how strict is the 6K limit? Does a 6.3K image pass, or will it be killed...? It was difficult to get my avatar below that size (and I was too lazy to ask on my own). ^^;

Ja.
Amber Michelle
The fallen angels said to Enoch, "O man of God! Pray for us to the Lord," and he answered: "Who am I, a mortal man, that I should pray for angels?
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

If your program is capable of looking for it, you might want to see if you have an option to chop of extended JPEG information as well - that was the big thing that shaved mine down to an acceptable size, but still kept it as large as I wanted it.
Cha.

~Perpetual Thorn of Logic and Reason~
Ohseki Ayu
Player Character

Post by Ohseki Ayu »

Wish I knew how to do that. <_<; (*glares at her icon, which she had to shave down several times to get it to an acceptable file size u_u;*)
Because the Emerald Green is in the hand that plucked flowers,
It changes its appearance to the sky, wind, earth
~ T H E : E T E R N A L : M I N D ~ [http://theeternalmind.sterlingsylver.net/]
Myaru
Lowbie

Post by Myaru »

Extended jpeg information...? I have no idea. My Photoshop skills are rather limited, so far. I can color, use cheap filters, select lines, and make things glow. The rest is a mystery.

Ja.
Amber Michelle
The fallen angels said to Enoch, "O man of God! Pray for us to the Lord," and he answered: "Who am I, a mortal man, that I should pray for angels?
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

It should be in the save options - when you select 'JPEG' there usually is an options menu that lets you select compression quality, as well as several other options. Click off anything you don't find amusing, and it should shrink down in side.
Cha.

~Perpetual Thorn of Logic and Reason~