What if they actually made THE WORLD for the PC

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Mimirufan#1
Lowbie

What if they actually made THE WORLD for the PC

Post by Mimirufan#1 »

Now call me crazy but iv been thinking and there is a way to make THE WORLD. see during my study halls i figured out that you could make a suit that would sence your movements like swinging a sword, dodging, or even walking. it would come with the head set that would basicaly cover your vision and it would be a tv screen. do you think this is a good idea?
"TSUKASAAAAAA!!!!!!, Lets play red light green light,
1, 2, 3
RED LIGHT"SORA
MahoTheNeko
Player Character

Post by MahoTheNeko »

I would Buy it!!!!!!!!!
Que sucede aquí?
veo todo al revéz , donde esta el suelo y cual es la diferencia entre este y el cielo?
Donde acabara esta agonia sicópata? seguro en la oscuridad, como siempre
stupid kid
Lowbie

Post by stupid kid »

I thought there was already a topic abouth this >.>, I know I'd buy it if it came out. Body suits? They wouldn't need that though, they could just use the keyboard
Mimirufan#1
Lowbie

Post by Mimirufan#1 »

Hey stupid kid. the point of the suit is to make it as realistic as posible so you can feel whats going on!!!!! :evil:
1, 2, 3
RED LIGHT"SORA
Jetfire99
Player Character

Post by Jetfire99 »

You really want to feel getting shreaded by a monster? :) With how I play MMORPGs I tend to run into spots I should not be to level XD However the VR Goggles or at least ones like it do already exist for real >.> <.<
As the Rain falls...
I close my eyes...
And dream of rings...
spinning in the darkness....

-An unknown Hunter
Count Fenring
Player Character

Post by Count Fenring »

they do? for what?
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

a vr suit to perform movement would be good... a vr suit to feel pain would have severe govt warnings in the us... if they even allow it... though it would be fun to use...

my brother wanted to develop something to allow yourself to feel pain from counter-strike... i don't think he would like it when he got in the game though... he wasn't very good... :wink:
- Sudra Koder
"Those who only look forward, find death from behind." - Sudra
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Post moved to more appropriate forum.
Black Lotus
Player Character

Post by Black Lotus »

Id rather that they waited a bit longer before they made the world into an mmorpg because I think at this point it would be disappointing. It is not feasible for them to make a full body suit, at least not at this point. Even if they did it would be way too expensive, like in the thousands of dollars. Better that you keep the game in your imngination unsullied, until they havethe technology to make it work.
P.S. I broke 100!
Kenshin is awesome!
Mimirufan#1
Lowbie

Post by Mimirufan#1 »

Hey thanks for your point of veiw everyone. your right though we dont yet have the tech to do that.(we would if nasa worked harder) and instead of feeling pain it would just heat up slightly in the area you got hit. and thank you maho your opinion means alot. actualy i am working on a prototype game of the world. its not much now but i see good things in the hurisan
1, 2, 3
RED LIGHT"SORA
Guynietoren
Player Character

Post by Guynietoren »

LOL. The first thing I think about is people running into walls. Then making video games into an outdoor activity. It would certainly have to be more complex if it were to work, to the degree that the Matrix is. I've seen an arcade machine at GameWorks that senses punches and kicks, and made that into the controls to a Tekken game. It was really sluggish, expensive too. I think you had to tap the floor in front of you to move forward.

It just points out the same reason why they don't have any first person shooter arcade games. The controls would be hard to make simple enough, no matter how popular FPS's are.
Furik
Player Character

Post by Furik »

For the past couple months, I have been working on "The World NWN Project". If you are a veteran from The World BBS, you should know about it. :o That's the closest I see right now of The World being online.
stupid kid
Lowbie

Post by stupid kid »

I disagree. I think they have the technology to make "The World". But they're just to lazy to produce it. Accept for the body suit but I don't think that it's neccessary for making "The World". In the series they didn't use body suits so there isn't really any point when you can use a simple controller or something >_>
j00f00
Lowbie

Post by j00f00 »

Actually, making "The World" would require a few more advancements. I take that back, it would require more than a few...

The body suit is probobly still far off in the future, but I have heard of one scientist doing research with those electronic muscle impulse pads, the ones that make your muscles move without you doing anything >_>...
It would cost a boatload of money to deploy a project like this, since there are so many things that have to be done to bring the game up to par. Although, if they were to create "The World", I'd like to see it on a multi-platform basis. Since I put the network adaptor on my PS2, I've had no use for it as of yet (because I need a router with my ADSL line). I just think it would be easier to make it for a PC/Mac platform, but that would leave it open to hacking and cheating that almost no game can escape.
Maybe they could put an anti-cheating engine on it, like the one that's in Soldat!
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

Currently, body suits do exists, and are sometimes used in game development for model movements... The cost on them is extreme... They are only used in the commercial industry... They are also used in robotics, but that's more of individual parts of the body than the entire thing...
- Sudra Koder
"Those who only look forward, find death from behind." - Sudra