C'mon, give the //SIGN cast some luuuv.

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
SaberWolf
Player Character

Post by SaberWolf »

I think the reason Sora is always looking for an "ally" is cuz he's really looking for a friend, or at least someone to talk to who can also do the work for him. Probably the only reason he's interested in Tsukasa is because he's curious how someone so self enveloped could grab such attention, and also wants Tsu's power for himself.
runs wit scissors
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

I don't see that being true at all, actually. Sora sees it as a game. He sees it as a way to amuse himself, and he wants something. He doesn't want power, he wants friends and people to help him -have fun-. Sora's interested in Tsukasa because he's got so much happening around him. I has to be fun, right? n.n
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

Sora, essentially, operates independantly of the notorious 'levelling treamill' of games, which means that a lot of the content of the game isn't there for him. And he's a player killer, which means that he's going to drive people away from him, just by reputation.

The only thing he can really do is go looking for the people who would, by reputation, drive even more people away from them than he.
~ Resident Voodoo Techie ~
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

Gearhead wrote:Sora, essentially, operates independantly of the notorious 'levelling treamill' of games, which means that a lot of the content of the game isn't there for him. And he's a player killer, which means that he's going to drive people away from him, just by reputation.

The only thing he can really do is go looking for the people who would, by reputation, drive even more people away from them than he.
Wow... thats a neat way of looking at it. o_o Wah! But I don't drive people away! Does that mean sora won't be my friend? ;_;

Oh and how could I forget?! I suppose they aren't really characters, and you all know already, but I love the Puchiguso's too! ;_; As for characters I -dont- like, that girl that yelled at Tsuksasa for not taking good care of her puchiguso! Hidoi! She's such a brat.
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
SaberWolf
Player Character

Post by SaberWolf »

Erm, no idea what you're talking about. Guess I missed that episode.

Hmmm. Didn't think of it that way. But perhaps all of our speculations could be true. Mine, most likely, would only be partially, but you, Tsu and Gear, are perhaps two main pieces of the puzzle of truth.
runs wit scissors
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

There something amusing about the Puchigoso girl...

Watch Dusk for more..
~ Resident Voodoo Techie ~
LimeyBrit
Lowbie

Post by LimeyBrit »

Gearhead wrote:I enjoyed playing BT on Phoenix terribly.. but she was just something of a downer to play... It's very hard to play someone who's serious all the time when, in the real world, you're a person who somehow manages to take things in a much more relaxed manner.

She caused a lot of stress for me.

I kinda wanted to see a little more on her as the series progressed.. but I suppose that her outcome was appropriate. A private person making a private exit, her role complete.
The series submits the viewer to a lot of teasing about the true nature & background of the players - its one of things that kept me coming back for more. I developed an interest in BT largely because I couldn't completely figure out her motives or history (and also because a certain Sora-fan I know initially disliked her a lot!).

As the series plays on & explores aspects of how characters regard responsibility (both within The World & IRL), players like Bear, Subaru & Krim (who initially annoyed me!) also become personal favourites.
AirSpiritX
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by AirSpiritX »

I don't know his name because I've only seen one episode, but my favorite is the guy with the staff that has the red ball and he teleports away from this girl a lot. He's really cool.
I like doing sigs and avatars, just ask and I will make you one or both.
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Ah. That's Tsukasa. You need to watch more to really get an idea of what he's like as a character. He's a very unique character. n.n
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

Semi-related... Landale of .hack//SIGN Defragmented got an email from a woman (claiming) to be Donna Rawlins who does BT's English voice - he hunted down her agency and is asking them about it. ^_^;
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
AirSpiritX
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by AirSpiritX »

Tsukasa wrote:Ah. That's Tsukasa. You need to watch more to really get an idea of what he's like as a character. He's a very unique character. n.n
Thanks ^-^. Oh, also, next comes the beautiful girl( :oops: ) that has an axe, blue hair, and goes around with one of those Scarlet Knights. She was in a boat in the first episode. I'm sorry for being such a n00b....as soon as I have some time away from my tournaments and meeting the deadline for my manga, I'll watch those episodes. Thanks to Tsukasa, you've helped me.

Oh, also, please explain about the end of the first episode.....was that Tsukasa's "real life person" dying?
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Shh... This is a non spoiler board. Watch the series for yourself to learn. That's how the whole thing works. -_^
AirSpiritX
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by AirSpiritX »

Didn't klnow that was a spoiler, since it happened in the pilot lol. I'll shut up before I go and get myself banned.
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

I'm not saying what yous aid is a spoiler. I'm just saying that the answer is a spoiler. Once again, watch and find out. n.n
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

Nah, don't worry, the mods are quite forgiving here, as long as you try your best to understand. :)

Ooi~ Limey Brit! :P I like BT now, kinda for the same reasons as you do now. She annoyed me at first because she came across as someone just using everyone else, and spreading rumors and info to get what she wanted. I don't like that kind of person. But as I realized her reasons for her actions, she started to interest me more too. n_n And I didn't know you didn't like Subaru, Krim, and Bear at first? XD

BTW, AirSpiritX, the girl with the axe is Subaru. :)
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso