The World

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Atomsk
Lowbie

The World

Post by Atomsk »

I don't know if this has been done or not already, but... I'm really wishing after playing the .hack//infection game that... Well.. That the online game 'The World' really existed. I think it would personally be awesome. To have an MMOPRG like that. I know there is Everquest, and Now StarWars Galaxies and all these other ones. But... I don't know... The World speaks to me even more then those do. Just the way everything is set up, the way it looks, the way it seems like it would be. I wish they would make something like that maybe in the future or something and I'm wondering how many others in this forum share this same view.
. H A C K // S O R A
Player Character

Post by . H A C K // S O R A »

actually the world looks like a cross between PSO and EverQuest. if sutch a thing could exist. actually alot of people say the MMORPG Iro(International Ragnorock(actually spelled diffrent a word of noris origen FYI) Online) is most like the world. heck i even remember some realy spif sprite edits for IRO, i even started a mad rumer that THE WORLD was in develupment as an MMORPG ^_^ had people going for a while back on TWBBS.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

It's also alot like Graal........ abit.... sort.. well... not really... but in some ways.
Mmmm... PSO.
Atomsk
Lowbie

Post by Atomsk »

Haha, Nice, If you ever spread that rumor and fooled me, I'd have to kill you of course, but still thats pretty cool, and yea, I see it before too, I actually have it. One second and I'll find a way to link it.

Jetfire99
Player Character

International Ragnorock

Post by Jetfire99 »

A little off topic but as several of the mods know who I do play International Ragnorock with ... we found a city that looked oddly in some ways like Mac Anu @.@ I know I have the screen shots of our visit there somewhere. But anyhow back on topic, ya a actual MMORPG on the world would be interesting but if it was VR I'd be nervious o.o *brain gets sucked out right through his head set*
As the Rain falls...
I close my eyes...
And dream of rings...
spinning in the darkness....

-An unknown Hunter
. H A C K // S O R A
Player Character

Post by . H A C K // S O R A »

i would love to play Iro but sadly i realy dont want to sign up just to find out i can play online.

i have a blazing fast wirless DSL connection.
but no real firewall, so we just keep all the ports open that we need.
it goes internet > win2k server > household computers

i dont know why but i cant even query Unreal 2k3's server let alone any Free or nonfree MMORPG.

*sigh* oh well.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

Hmm... Ragnarok... a city that looks like Mac Anu... Aldebaran in the Schwarzwald?
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Atomsk
Lowbie

Post by Atomsk »

I don't know... I only played Ragnarok like a year or so ago, All the Cities I know of where Izlude, That Harbour City, Oh hell I can't even remember them all. The only place I could think that looks like Mac Anu would be... I dunno, Maybe Izlude but thats only because it had water around it, and Mac Anu had water going through it.

I dunno, Mac Anu always seemed to say 'Venice In the World'.
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Rhyste wrote:Hmm... Ragnarok... a city that looks like Mac Anu... Aldebaran in the Schwarzwald?
Yuppers. Aldebaran. A bunch of us n00bs -ran- there, avoiding -every- fight and managed to make it. o.o;; Go us. o.o;;;
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Atomsk
Lowbie

Post by Atomsk »

How long has it been since that place Existed? And was it only in a special version of a game? I was in the US version, or North American version.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

It's been in since... Beta2, last summer, iirc.
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Atomsk
Lowbie

Post by Atomsk »

Ack, That would explain why I haven't seen it... I never played Beta 2. Only Beta 1 way back like 2 years ago.