insanity

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
wraith of fire
Lowbie

insanity

Post by wraith of fire »

has enyone here ever thought that with all thats going on in the world and at your homes you just go insane and start doing really weird thing s? i know i have.[/spoiler]
How do we prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist.
Vivi FF9
Furik
Player Character

Post by Furik »

Yes, happens to me all the time. Seriously.
I think about animals and how I could be keeping real animals in my house o_O
And I think about my family and all.
But more I think about is what's the purpose of life: just living until you die.
Pretty stupid, but, yeah.
Guynietoren
Player Character

Post by Guynietoren »

Purpose of life, eh? Keeping all religon out of this, some might say that it's not about what comes of it all, but just making life worth something. Kinda like trying to figure out what the key of the twilight is, when there may be no answer at all, none that can be proven that is.
Furik
Player Character

Post by Furik »

Here's a question.
I hate this question, actually.
I hate it with a passion, but it makes you think.
For religious people: If God created the world, then... who created God? And how did he come into existance?
Nebu
Player Character

Post by Nebu »

awa? (maybe God is something outside of the physical boundries we are imprisoned in) ^^
Guynietoren
Player Character

Post by Guynietoren »

Odd similarity between people and God, and video game characters and game programers. There quite possibly could be a greater realm that our own world exist within.
BTW I believe that god has always existed, "the begining and the end, the alpha and the omega".
ara
Player Character

Post by ara »

Guynietoren wrote:Odd similarity between people and God, and video game characters and game programers. There quite possibly could be a greater realm that our own world exist within.
BTW I believe that god has always existed, "the begining and the end, the alpha and the omega".
Perhaps the concept of God will be unknown or just what we think God is.
j00f00
Lowbie

Post by j00f00 »

Well, my religion (Roman Catholic) teaches that God has no end and no beginning, and that God lives beyond the concept of time and lives in the "eternal now". Yeah, it's confusing... But basically, I've been taught to do nothing but wonder and beleive what I can't mentally grasp, what I'll never be able to understand, and something I SHOULD never understand, until I pass away, go to heaven, and spend my time doing nothing else than worshiping God.
ara
Player Character

Post by ara »

The school I go to is Catholic and my religion told our class that we can not fully comprehend what God is. So, its kind of like what j00f00 said. I don't know which branch of Catholic it is, so please don't ask. >.<

I'm not trying to question you j00f00, I'm just saying what my religion teacher said. So, please don't take it the wrong way.
Nebu
Player Character

Post by Nebu »

I'm not Catholic... but I believe that too...
Katryne Himegimi
Lowbie

Post by Katryne Himegimi »

Aaa..... Religion? Don't get me involved in it. I sway back and forth from time to time. But I do believe that there's SOMETHING out there that probaly created it all. But... it's something we will never learn to comprehend or understand.

As for the ORIGINAL question...

That's also something.... we'll probaly never know. But that's why we're living... we're living to try to find TRUE reasons to live.

^^
Evil... thy name is Kimmy.
Black Lotus
Player Character

Post by Black Lotus »

What if our world is just a game in another bigger one. Someone made us as a joke to fool around with his friends and here we are for their amusement. Remember the end of the first MIB movie with the marbles being galaxies and those huge aliens playing with them...
P.S. I broke 100!
Kenshin is awesome!
j00f00
Lowbie

Post by j00f00 »

I try not to see life as just a game, but thinking of it that way helps not to stress over things as much n_n....

MIB was mostly fiction, but the universe is made up of billions upon billions upon billions of galaxies. Humans will probobly never even explore a hundreth of the galaxies in the universe.
Guynietoren
Player Character

Post by Guynietoren »

God lives beyond the concept of time and lives in the "eternal now".
It makes a lot of sense to me, seen in that perspective. Think of it as there being various planes of existance where time moves at different speeds. If there where different planes, God would naturally exist in all of them, being in one where an instantanious point of time represents our planes entire existance, or like seeing movie film layed out frame by frame in front of you.
we're living to try to find TRUE reasons to live.
I believe this too, all of us have a different purpose. But only in faith, will God teach you your purpose. Thereafter you live a complex list of purposes until your last day. Different people even mix into the same purpose and scatter once again (just like in a message board :D ).
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

God lives beyond the concept of time and lives in the "eternal now".
Allow me to comment that while time is one of the four universal constants and primes, it is also only a manmade concept. It didn't -truely- exist until we came up with it in order to organize the way we live.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.