Look. ;D Tara drew something. Woo!

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

I do webpage layouts in .jpg, and avatars/link buttons in .gif. XD I've seen a few webdesigners using .png - my friend Rena likes to use the format a lot. XD
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

It's very unprofessional to use png, in all honesty... gif is a much more reliable and universal format than it.

*ahems and starts quoting professors* When doing webdesign, you need to take in mind that not all systems are just like your's, and you must create a webpage that can be universally compatible with not only other systems but other browsers and internet connections (ie broadband vs dialup). *ends quote and grins*

See? I do learn things in class. ^-^

However... All kidding aside, Most layouts work fine in jpg, but often times, a layout may end up forcing you to use either gifs, or a combination of tables and text to simulate gifs in order to keep things smooth from bg to page to bg, and whatnot. It's always just a matter of judgement on what is practical and quick loading.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

I think .gif can screw things up. XD I tried saving a layout as a gif, and the colors got b0rk0rzed. >.<; .gif's are more for Div tagging stuff and making fancy stuff...

like... make an iframe... but then div tag a rounding edge as a transparent .gif over a corner... very fun. ^_^
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

What do you do your HTML and CSS work with, if you don't mind me asking, by the way, Rhyste?
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

I do them with... NOTEPAD! :D

The l337357 of all l337 HTML editors. XDDDD

I've been using it for like... half my life since back in the day when everyone was on a 56k and downloading a big fancy editor was a huge pain. x_o; I'm pretty much self-taught; mostly copy/pasted a lot and attempted putting things different places; that's how I learned tables. XD Div Tags and CSS came much later, when there was a big boom of it on the 'net, which was semi-recently.
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Wahahaha... Actually, over Iframe and DIV tags and everything else, gimme CSS, tables, and SSI and I'll be quite happy. There's so much you can do with just those.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

... dude, I want to marry Div Tags and CSS. XD
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

CSS is beautiful. If it weren't for that and the script for it, I couldn't do my random BG design for Swordbreaker. *.* I'm quite happy with it. n.n

Next semester, I'm supposed to have a class on php, xml, java, and cgi. @.@;;;
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

... oy. @_@; I dunno anything about cgi, php, etc... I'm like... Script Kiddie when it comes to those. ^_^; I just use coding and webpages for leisure... so I never really went onto to learn java and such.

CSS is pretty mallable! XD And parts of Java are too for all those freakin' character selectors... speaking of which I wanna make one of those for .hack//sign one day... XD

"Are you in the real world?"
> YEs
> No

"... ARE YOU SURE?"
> Yes <-- Everyone Else XD
>... not really... <-- Tsukasa choice
> Uh... I don't log out much... :X <-- Balmung choice

"Do you talk much?"
> ... I'm the main character, WHAT DO YOU THINK? <-- Tsukasa
> OFCOURSEITALKILOVETOTALKWHEEELET'STALK <-- Mimiru, Sora
> (empty) <--- Maha
> ... I'll talk... for however long I'm on screen... ;-; <--- Balmung
> Well, I really should shut up, but I don't <-- Ginkan

"What do you look like... IRL?"
> ... uh... <-- Tsukasa
> Well, certain disabilities make me not want to tlel you. :X <-- Subaru
> JUST LIKE MY CHARACTER! LIMINALITY DOES NOT AFFECT ME! I AM INSIDE AND OUT! <--- Mimiru
> Hie i r smok3r kthxplz <-- Bear
> ... uhm, but, if I take off my headset... I might have headset hair... :X <-- Balmung
> (empty) <-- Maha
> ... I wear sweater vests... tell anyone and I'll pk you <-- Sora

"Are you HAWT?"
> People say I'm like Kaworu and Shinji from Eva... so, I guess so? <-- Tsukasa
> ... have you ever been the most powerful player on an MMORPG but don't have the power to fight a swarm of fangirls? Well, uh, yeah, you figure it out... @_@; <-- Balmung
> Of COURSE I'm the cutest! I have the greatest lines too! >:D <-- Sora
> Ever had Japanese doujinshi artists draw Tentacle Monsters attacking you? <-- Mimiru, BT, and Subaru

"So... what kind of a Person are you?"
> Quiet loner guy... <-- Tsukasa
> Outgoing girlie! kthxplzbye! <-- Mimiru
> ... gruff... voice... intellligence... yes... <-- Bear
> I'm a delicate flower who's petals need to fall, you? <-- Subaru

"What kind of lines do you use?"
> I CALL OUT... GUARDIAN! GUARDIAN! USE THUNDERSHOCK! <-- Tsukasa
> ... Panda... PAN-DUH! ... HAHAHAHAHAHA! ... yeah... so... <-- Balmung

... ok that was random.
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

Bah... PHP and DOM are better for dynamic pages than simple JavaScript

((But DOM *IS* part of Javascript...))

((Shut up...))

I use PNGs a lot, because Linux hates making GIFs now anyway.