.hack//SIGN ...episode 27-29?

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Orphen

.hack//SIGN ...episode 27-29?

Post by Orphen »

(Apologies if this has been discussed already...)

I saw this in the AnimeNation news section:

".hack//SIGN episode 27 will be included in the American series release. There's no word yet on whether or not the upcoming Japanese episodes 28 & 29 will be released in America."
- http"//www.animenation.net/news/index.php

I was pretty sure it ended at episode 26.
Has anyone else heard about these episodes 27-29?
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Actually, I have seen episode 27. It was released with the Japanese DVD release of //SIGN.. on DVD 9, if I recall correctly. 28 should be the same. 29 we've been debating on its existance or not, but.. nyeh. o.o
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

The rumor is that:
- Episode 27 on DVD 9
- Episode 28 coming out "later"
- Episode 29 is the .hack//GIFT DVD

Ok, let's go over the major conflicts here:
- Another Story and the //GIFT have been announced since... September of... last year? : P
- The //GIFT is supposed to ship on April 30th [3-4 days]
- That gives them 4 days to announce propaganda-tize release episode 28 : P Godspeed.
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
YashaOokami
Legend

Post by YashaOokami »

That is new info to me o.o; I hope I can still get my hands on those last two eps,from downloading them that is ^^;; I dont think I would buy the dvds,I'm fine with what I have.
"True strength comes with time..through presistent training!!"-Ouka,Vol. 2
Dark770
Player Character

Post by Dark770 »

i thought there where only 26 episodes IM SO CONFUSED :? :shock:
Krono
Legend

Post by Krono »

26 episodes in the series BUT there are a few extra episodes
a sneaky ninja wrote: The rumor is that:
- Episode 27 on DVD 9
- Episode 28 coming out "later"
- Episode 29 is the .hack//GIFT DVD

Ok, let's go over the major conflicts here:
- Another Story and the //GIFT have been announced since... September of... last year? : P
- The //GIFT is supposed to ship on April 30th [3-4 days]
- That gives them 4 days to announce propaganda-tize release episode 28 : P Godspeed.
btw, you might want to check out rhyste's site, net-slum, it has a .hack for dummies section that contains lots and lots of info on .hack... it's a good place to start
Only in dreams; We see what it means
Reach out our hands; Hold on to hers
But when we wake; It's all been erased
And so it seems; Only in dreams
K.K.C.
Lowbie

Post by K.K.C. »

From AnimeNation:
The American release of the fourth .Hack RPG for the Playstation 2 will include a series collector's box to hold all 4 games. Bandai Entertainment is not directly involved in the American release of the video games, so there are no plans for Bandai Entertainment to release the .Hack OAVs separate from the video games.

The American .hack//SIGN DVDs will include the bonus Japanese episodes 27 & 28.
My good friend sent this to me. I never even imagined an episode 29! but, the more the better ^^
"Well, Im always Just myself!" - Crim

Please check out my site. Crimson Lightning: a shrine to Crim. ^_^ Hes so cute.
http://www.geocities.com/Crimlightning/
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Just a note- at Anime Expo, Bandai has confirmed that episodes 27 and 28 will be on DVD 6 in the US.

The US rep didn't know anything when I mentioned .hack//Gift, but I explained it to him, and he said that it would be likely (note- likely) to be an 'easter egg' in our version of QUARANTINE.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Will 27 and 28 air on TV???? anyone know yet?...It probally won't, kinda like what they did with episode 13 of 08th MS Team....I still hate them for that. I didn't know there was a 29th episode.
Balmung
... sasuga watashi.

Post by Balmung »

Episode 28..... I really want to see that one. It seems to be a bridge to the games, from all the game character sketches I've seen in for it.
Yay for more screentime!
711224 11111224 11125 2 83212 711224 111112554 420 170 42112 711224 11111224 11125177 711224 11125 43
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

Hm. Balmung. <3 When ep. 28, if he doesn't act badass, some Japanese dude dies. T_T
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Dark Orb
Player Character

Post by Dark Orb »

I have another question regarding these episodes. Because as current DVD sequence would follow:

DVD 4: Eps: 15-18
DVD 5: Eps: 19-22
DVD 6: Eps: 23-28

But if this held true wouldnt that mean the last one would have 6 episodes. It just seems a tad confusing to me and I cant seem to figure it out. Unless they are gonna put 6 episodes on one DVD. Has there been any official announcements of episode sequence yet? (Please note by official I mean by Bandai. I dont want more of this Outbreak quality announcements)
"If your strong you live, if your weak you die"
-Shishio
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

If you look at the Japanese DVD releases, you'll see that the sequence did not include episode 15 where it should have been, chronologically. The DVDs went straight from Episode 14 to episode 16. However, on the last DVD, they included episodes 25, 26, 27, and episode 15.

They may do the same thing on the US release, skipping episode 15, or possibly leaving it out altogether. If they left it out, though, I see fans raising a fuss, since they fuss about just about anything that's left out, even a recap episode.

I really don't know. I can try to ask someone who -would- know next time I see him, but he may or may not be allowed to answer.
----------------------------------
"Sora KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!"

Don't hate me because I'm l337iful ;_;
FireDraconian
Legend

Post by FireDraconian »

I don't know why they even bothered to MAKE a recap episode for at 25-real episode long series. Doesn't make any sense.
"A friend... or perhaps, a foe. A meddler with a warning." -Helba, .hack//Infection
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Episode 15 is almost -always- a recap episode. It gives animators a break, since it's halfway through the series.
----------------------------------
"Sora KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!"

Don't hate me because I'm l337iful ;_;