.hack//SIGN Did it really end?

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Atomsk
Lowbie

.hack//SIGN Did it really end?

Post by Atomsk »

I was talking to a person on mIRC, and he opened my eyes to something in the ending of .hack//SIGN. When Skieth appears... His staff his the ground, and then everything messes up. I was originally thinking that this was Helba just removing the field, but.. He gave me the idea that it really wasn't Helba's doing.. But Skieths. We also notice in the very end, how Tsukasa and Subaru(their real selves) Go to embrace each other.. but.. Before they're fingers touch, it goes wonkey, almost as if its a computer glitche, He was saying that it never happened.. that that was merely a digital dream.

Anyone care to discuss this CIVIALLY! I mean.. Don't go out completely blandering this like : "Theres no way in Hell! Your stupid! Blah blah blah" This is serious discussion, Not prove how much of a moron you are.
Black Lotus
Player Character

Post by Black Lotus »

I definitely think that they should have made the series longer but I doubt there are many .hack fans who will say otherwise. The show is so ambiguous that you can say whatever you want and find evidence to support it.
P.S. I broke 100!
Kenshin is awesome!
MahoTheNeko
Player Character

Post by MahoTheNeko »

In few words: "hack//Sign end with no end"
The serie end but.. there are many points that all the fans wanna see
Que sucede aquí?
veo todo al revéz , donde esta el suelo y cual es la diferencia entre este y el cielo?
Donde acabara esta agonia sicópata? seguro en la oscuridad, como siempre
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Well, it -was- the end, in the sense that 26 was the last episode.. however, as more episodes are being released with the DVDs, that's not quite the case.

We don't know, exactly, who did what. We assume it was Helba discarding the field, but you're right, it could have been Skeith's doing.

We know from episode 27, however, assuming it -does- take place after 26 and isn't just a side story from the past, Bear and Mimiru escaped and are just fine. We can also assume that Tsukasa is alright, considering what Bear said to him in one of the last episodes.

Of course, we know they're fine from the games, but there is no solid explanation of what really happened, no.

.... this is going in circles isn't it? Saa... no more posts when you just wake up, Sora-myon --;
Tabris
Lowbie

Post by Tabris »

The end of .hack//sign really made me think... is the entire thing just one big circle? I like it when they end things like that though. No real ending and plenty of space for a continuation without making it stupid. So far no one has come up with a final conclusion for what really happened to Tsukasa and company, but no one said that the .hack series was over. So hopefully they'll give us another show or another game to answer questions... or just bring up new ones. ^^;
. H A C K // S O R A
Player Character

Post by . H A C K // S O R A »

what about the ending after the credits? the shiney piller that says "ive been waiting for you" who is morgena talking to?
YashaOokami
Legend

Post by YashaOokami »

That part was disturbing for me o.o; When I saw the ending,I thought it was all cool,cause I thought they had escaped safely and that Maybe it was over with.Until I saw that part way at the end with Morgana,it made me think"...Not this again."But there are a lot of questions that are not answered,which makes the fans want to know more.So in a way,the ending was kinda like a cliffhanger of all endings,but with a plot twist to it.
"True strength comes with time..through presistent training!!"-Ouka,Vol. 2
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

Because the tablet goes from technicolor <-> black and white, I think it's a memory of the past.
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
lobez

Post by lobez »

THe black and white didnt symbolize a flashback, it symbolized the real world. IF you watch they have instances that were present of black and white, for example the crimson knight who was injured by tsukasa guardian in the beginning episodes. Another example is when they first show suburu in her wheelchair crying in the middle episodes. Basically, black and white sybolize real life, not flashback.
error
Player Character

Post by error »

lobez wrote:THe black and white didnt symbolize a flashback, it symbolized the real world. IF you watch they have instances that were present of black and white, for example the crimson knight who was injured by tsukasa guardian in the beginning episodes. Another example is when they first show suburu in her wheelchair crying in the middle episodes. Basically, black and white sybolize real life, not flashback.
Black and White also symbolizes the past in SIGN.
[The Adventures of Dane and Chase] <- Click the linkie, I dare you.
aura_Key_of_the_twilight
Player Character

Post by aura_Key_of_the_twilight »

The end of sign was very very confusing at first but here's my take on it. Bear with me I'm still a n00b to the series compared to most of you.

SIGN was basically a prequil to the games, infact the end of sign says: .hack//SIGN has been completed and is to be continued as well. Tsukasa meeting Subaru in rl at the end of the series was indeed a dream Tsukasa (or possibly Subaru or both) had. It's unclear if he wakes up at that point, (or if he does at all).

The scene at Net Slum: Skeith caused the field to be disabled for some time, but not perminantly. Helba was about to destroy the field but I assume she didnt' since the field was there in the games.

Morganna: At the end Morganna is talking to the audience as if they were a player. It was there to symbolize that .hack//SIGN was mearly a begining and not an end.

There you have it. Any corrections feel free.
"For sure..for sure I can return.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

helba might have deleted the field, as net slum was made by hackers, so it can be destroyed by hackers. She might have re-created during the periods between //sign and //infection. Who knows?
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
aura_Key_of_the_twilight
Player Character

The head people of the Project .hack team know.
Tsuruki
Player Character

Post by Tsuruki »

Maybe its the audience she's talking to or...maybe it's Sora cuz he gets DD at the end by Skeith doesn't he ....And he goes into a coma like Tsukasa o.o;; I dunno..
"Holy crap!"
-Strongbad
aura_Key_of_the_twilight
Player Character

Well Sora got Data Drained because he betrayed her. His soul got trapped within Skeith's wand(which you free it in .hack Volume 3). She is probibly talking to the audience. That makes the most sense to me atleast. Alot of shows seem to do that recently.