Why there is no PC conversion?

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.

.hack for PC

It is a shame it doesn't exist...
73%
Would be useless.
27%

Total votes: 30

Prokonsul Piotrus

Why there is no PC conversion?

Post by Prokonsul Piotrus »

I would really like to see data on number of PS2 vs PC users in Japan.
Even if it is higher then PC, that surely cannot be true worldwide. Especially considering that PC r eternal and consoles r not...
I find it hard to believe that conversion cost to PC would be greater then revenues from sales...

Has anybody succesfully played .hack on a PC with some PS2 emulator?
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind."
- Rudyard Kipling
Nanami
Lowbie

Post by Nanami »

PS2 emulator? Successfully emulation is generally a full generation behind the times, and as far as I know emulation of the PS2 has not yet been done.
Krono
Legend

Post by Krono »

I think he means that he uses an emulation program to play the games off of his computer. If not then I'll have to give him the speech about how much he's hurting the gaming industry :)
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Actually, if he is referring to playing .hack on a computer monitor, IE, routing the PS2 to a TV card, then yes, Kite has done that.

However, nothing has been produced, as of now, that can actually play the game CD itself. That would likely require more processing space than the average computer could use. If it had no programs on it and a game-specific OST, then it could probably work, if someone programmed it well enough (or hacked their PS2), but I doubt anyone has or will spend that much time and effort (not to mention money) on a project like that.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

the only reason i'd like to see it on PC is so I could edit the characters skins....
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
. H A C K // S O R A
Player Character

Post by . H A C K // S O R A »

things that would make the world the BEST MMORPG of 2004
just a wish list.
-Editable charecturers
-more classes! (no longer limited to wavemaster, twinblade and the rest but new and excyting classes)
-job system (you can earn $$ by doing jobs for a guild system)
-indapendent(you dont have to be part of a guld to play the game)
-works grate on 56k for those who cant afford BRODBAND
- each citty expanded on 50 fold to make ultra huge envirnments only a PC could handle(maby an X box)
-due to popularaty limit on identy theft. no more n00bs stealing the names of the grate members of sign or the games.
-Sys REQ 700mhz Pentium 2 128megs of ram and a 3d card
Untitled9
Lowbie

Post by Untitled9 »

It would be nice to be able to edit your character, thats the only reason that I can think of that it would be good for, but on my computer, it would run sooooooooo slow. :D :D :D
FireDraconian
Legend

Post by FireDraconian »

Heck, I wouldn;t be surprised if someone makes a MUD just like The World.

Exactly like what .hack//Sora said, only without pictures. ;)
"A friend... or perhaps, a foe. A meddler with a warning." -Helba, .hack//Infection
Nebu
Player Character

Post by Nebu »

someone makes a MUD just like The World.
MUD?

whats that??
Poe was here.
my new .hack image gallery: http://www.iguuy-igihsuf.com/inyourmind

"God loves you whether you like it or not"
KiteShugo
Player Character

Post by KiteShugo »

mud is dirt mixed with water :P :P :P

-The Hero of Legend resurrected-
Krono
Legend

Post by Krono »

a MUD is like... a (usually, AFAIK) free RPG game that you play online... sorta like an mmorpg altho they're usually (again, this is only what I think... I haven't actually tried one) a smaller scale.
Only in dreams; We see what it means
Reach out our hands; Hold on to hers
But when we wake; It's all been erased
And so it seems; Only in dreams
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

MUD stands for multi-user dungeon. This is a text based combat online RPG, in a sense. You have to deal with levelling your characters up and the like, and fighting NPCs and other chars with the game's combat system.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Keru
Player Character

Post by Keru »

To make the World an even better MMORPG they could just have you buy the game then give you free access...but that'd be a lot of people. Still it would be nice......*coughs at impossibility* I only know a few games that do this anyway.
I am the warrior
Alone and dangerous...
Guynietoren
Player Character

Post by Guynietoren »

Would you suppose that the demand for a PS2 game is greater? Not everyone with a computer has the system requirements for the game, if available. It's more of a calculated risk, of profit. Matrix could afford to take that risk, and release the game for every platform + PC, with the populatity of it. But sales of .hack related items is unknown to me. All the people that pirate the stuff can blame themselves, if that's the cause. And usually, money is the key motivator.
. H A C K // S O R A
Player Character

Post by . H A C K // S O R A »

MUDs, MUSHes, MOOs, etc. i find not so enjoyable, mainly because of the lack of graphical interface. playing Zork online is not my idea of a good time. and i realy dont want to see a .hack MUD. .hack is set in the MMORPG world like EverQuest, Phantasy Star Online, or Ragnarok Online. the main thing in .hack is the focus on the world and how there is somthing wrong with it, and patches are aplyed to fix these problums. just like ANY MMORPG you will find. PSO has a well known bug where your inventory may compleatly vanash. and dont even get me started on earler versions of everquest >_<.hack's setting revolvs arond a MMORPG if for the pc .hack should be a MMORPG
and .hack needs a world map, not like ever quest, more like Ragnarok, or PSO v2