Who is Mai Minase?

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
cyvader

Who is Mai Minase?

Post by cyvader »

Just curious about who this is in the game. I beleive Mia is Blackrose in the game, but I'm not sure yet. Heh, it sure seems that way so far though.
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

There is no evidence that i've seen that she is blackrose... But I'm not 100% sure either...
- Sudra Koder
"Those who only look forward, find death from behind." - Sudra
cyvader

Post by cyvader »

Similarities:

1) In the OVA of Infection, Junichro is hacking the files of the events that put Mai's boyfriend into a coma. The level they were on when he went into a coma was Chosen Hopeless Nothingness. Its a hacked zone that Helba sent you an email about originally.

2) Blackrose is scared poopless in Mutation of that zone. If you also remember

3) She was also scared poopless from the virus infected monster at the beginning of Infection, like she remembered it.

4) Blackrose is claiming to be a newbie. Mai just started to play as well, so far one confirmed game from the OVA.

I feel pretty sure they decided to put all the people in the OVAs somewhere into the game. So shes in there some where. :twisted:
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

She was also scared of a goblin if I remember right... And... Chosen Hopeless Nothingness is an area where skeith is... Hidden Forbidden Holy Grounds is where the first viral monster is...
- Sudra Koder
"Those who only look forward, find death from behind." - Sudra
Jetfire99
Player Character

Post by Jetfire99 »

Actually Mai can't be Black Rose as you findout in Volume three if I recall what Kite here told me. You find out Black Rose's brother is in a coma, not her boy friend. Still it was an interesting Theroy! Tsukasa? Sora? Either of you got anything to add to this?
As the Rain falls...
I close my eyes...
And dream of rings...
spinning in the darkness....

-An unknown Hunter
cyvader

Post by cyvader »

Nada. Must find out who is who >.<
Invisible Egg!
Legend

Post by Invisible Egg! »

BlackRose is a tennis player in the real world. Mai is a violinist. I think that's a big enough difference to tell them apart.
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

It's likely that nobody in Liminality, save for Kasumi (Sieg) is a character in the .hack games. If they were, they would probably tell Kite about some of the things happening outside The World, or about Tokuoka or something.. nobody has, so.. >P
cyvader

Post by cyvader »

Good point. Kinda odd they would be investigating The World, but then not check inside it for clues, heh.

But I guess that makes Illuminality 2 make more sence, it looks like they find someone who is in The World, who is that on the phoen anyways at the end of Illuminality 2?
Protector of Cows and small things
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

If I recall correctly, that's Kyo.

And it's LIMINALITY.

L-I-M-I-N-A-L-I-T-Y

The spelling is important to understanding what it is >.o;
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

the person talking to 'Mr. T' is Mai, and the person talking to Yuki is Kyo. (She's the heroin of .hack//liminality 3)

P.S. Sorry Sora, didn't see your post above. -.-
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

That's okay.

The fact that you just called Tokuoka 'Mr. T' has amused me enough that I won't rain down punishment upon you.

... or something like that. o.-
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

Minase Mai isn't BlackRose due to the TIMELINE. I mean, if you actually paid attention to LIMINALITY ONE AND THE GAME, you'd've been able to figure out the following:

- BlackRose's first time playing The World is when she and Kite go to Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
- Minase Mai's first time playing The World is when she and Kasumi run into Skeith.
- There's an article near the end of the game about two high school students [OBVIOUSLY Mai and Tomonari] fainting in a school club house.
- Mai played The World because of Tomonari, but she doesn't attempt to play The World on her own afterwards; only once more with Tokuouka.
- It's very obvious that the dungeon that Alf, Tomonari, and Mai ran into Skeith was called Chosen Hopeless Nothingness - using PROCESS OF ELIMINATION, this was Mai's first time playing The World, whilst BlackRose's first dungeon was the Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground.
- There are NO SIMILARITIES AT ALL IN THEIR PERSONALITIES. BlackRose is like a freakin' heartattack waiting to happen, while Mai is considerably more passive, quiet; etc.

You'd think COMMON SENSE would like, kick in, but I guess not.
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Black Lotus
Player Character

Post by Black Lotus »

:::Rhyste's sharp tongue slashes to pieces yet another noob:::

:D
P.S. I broke 100!
Kenshin is awesome!
cyvader

Post by cyvader »

Aye, I remember that article at the end of the game now. It was like one of those 'oh' moments, that barely ties the OVA and game together. I don'tthink the game comes right out and says, "This is Blackrose's first time ever playing." However, I now agree that she would of been more forthcoming with info if she would of been Mai.

Anyways, thanks for the input and information, and that dose of common sence. I'm just trying to rationalize things, maybe I'm looking to deep. ^_^;;
Protector of Cows and small things