.hack//reviews!!!

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.

From the reviews ... what do you give .hack//infection??

Poll ended at Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:00 am

1- Man ... this game WAS HORRIBLE!!
No votes
2- This game is not living up to it's potential...
No votes
3- Rent it ....
No votes
4- This game looks ok... I might buy it
33%
5- I will definatly buy this game .... I LOVE THE WAY IT TURNED OUT !!!
No votes
6- That's it ... oh yea ... I am sending in my "pre-order" form
33%
7- I am so tireless of waiting ... I might Import the japanese version...
No votes
8-... You know what.... I might even go to Japan to play it!...
No votes
9- Where can I but plane tickets to Japan !! ..I'm goin'!
No votes
10- I am already there !! I bought the game 5 days ago and I am not ever putting it down ..!! NEVER !!(I wish I could read japanese)
33%

Total votes: 3

AB_FireFox1_Khn

.hack//reviews!!!

Post by AB_FireFox1_Khn »

I found a few reviews for the released PS2 .hack game. and ppl .... they are not coming in so good ... :cry:

here are some ..... :: read on for reviews from gamespot....videogame review.com(which gave more slack) and gamesfirst.com::

Forgot the URL to the message below so I just pasted it ....

Gamespot posted their review of the first episode of Bandai's PS2 RPG .hack. Three sequels will follow, part 2 was already released in Japan. 7.0 out of 10 for the game which partially tries to simulate a MMO enviroment.

The sounds of battle are well done, and the voice acting is on par with what you'd expect to hear from dubbed anime these days--the voices suit the characters fine, and most everyone sounds really enthusiastic. Bandai also thankfully left in the original Japanese speech as an option. The game reserves audible speech mostly for use in cinematic cutscenes, and probably could have used it more extensively.
You can finish the game in 20 hours or less, though you can continue playing after that, unlocking some secrets and finding better equipment. Subsequent installments in the series will optionally allow you to export your character data, continuing on from where you left off. And hopefully future installments won't merely offer more of the same random hack-and-slash gameplay along with another 15-20 hours' worth of story that doesn't go anywhere. It's not that the first game in the series isn't any good--it's just that the concept is much better.

http://www.videogamereview.com/reviews/ ... g-3111.asp

andhttp://www.gamesfirst.com/previews/shawn/hack/hack.htm
Beware the EVIL RETARD DUCK!....

Quark ......
OOC: "Jimminy Jillickers Ragnarok Online is cool .... "
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

I'll tell you in a few days when I get it. Or rahter, a few days after I get it, when I come out of my house from non-stop playing of the game.
Myaru
Lowbie

Post by Myaru »

I've never been one to listen to reviews. No matter how good they are, magazines (and gaming sites) just can't tell me what I'll like or hate. I liked Saga Frontier, Tales of Destiny 2, and Hoshigami, yet all three of those games earned scathing comments from the game community. I detested FF8 and didn't even get an hour into Chrono Cross, yet I heard nothing but good things about them from reviewers.

(Does any of that make sense? I'm just curious, because I can't tell right now.)

I hope they have this for rent, so I can play it before next year. ^^ I'm so broke...

Ja.
Amber Michelle
The fallen angels said to Enoch, "O man of God! Pray for us to the Lord," and he answered: "Who am I, a mortal man, that I should pray for angels?
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

Dude. FF8 SUCKED. >.<;

Anyway... WTF do people listen to reviews? They're used like the media is to the average TV viewer: manipulation. Journalism grants you that power. :P
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Megami Subaru
Lowbie

Post by Megami Subaru »

I can't stop playing the demo so hold all my calls when the real thing comes out!

More power to the instalation manual of doom!
zettai makenai!
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

Quite often game companies are blowing smoke - I've seen pleanty of examples where people haven't even PLAYED the game, merely looked over some OTHER articles of what the game entails and decided to write their review from that.

So I take any review with a pinch of salt - I personally liked FF8 for instance, no matter what the rest of the 'its cool to bash things' community may think.
Cha.

~Perpetual Thorn of Logic and Reason~
Nanaki Tsukasa Mikage
Player Character

Post by Nanaki Tsukasa Mikage »

xD; ... I loved FF8 :: ducks ::

But yeah, I hate reviews. They think they can get people to play the game and rate it. And people actually follow these ratings, instead of trying out the game for themselves. Renting at least.

I never listen to reviews, I happen to enjoy a ton of underground games that no one knows about. Tecmo: Secret of the Stars, no one knows about that game. >>; But I do, and I love it. You just need to try anything out yourself, but so many people follow the flock and say "They say it's not good, so I don't want to play it."

o_O; I just say "WOOO GAME. ME TRY." And if I don't like it's my own taste saying that. =D There are always people who will hate games that get 10/10 ratings, and there are people who will love 1/10 ratings, it's all individuality.
http://ayashinoceres.proboards15.com/ =X AnC fans, join. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LMFAO
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

The general problem with game reviews is that quite often the reviewers do NOT play the whole game, they'll play enough to get an executive summary of the plot and a piece of the gameplay.. and then they start writing...
~ Resident Voodoo Techie ~
Myaru
Lowbie

Post by Myaru »

I knew mentioning FF8 would be a mistake. ^.^ I just hated the gameplay. Let me whine. ^.^

Here's a better example: King's Field. I love the games in that series. As far as I know, they've never gotten over a 6/10 in the reviews, and "people" think they're clunky and boring. Bah. I'm a loyal fan.

I've heard mixed reviews about .hack and I don't care. I like the anime, I like the artwork, and that's enough to guarantee that I'll probably like the game - at least a little. The reviewers can go to hell, for all I care. No one made them God. ^.^
Amber Michelle
The fallen angels said to Enoch, "O man of God! Pray for us to the Lord," and he answered: "Who am I, a mortal man, that I should pray for angels?
Shyngaku Chan Chan
Lowbie

Post by Shyngaku Chan Chan »

^_^ Where can i even download the demo? i wanna play it i've never played a .Hack game before or any game like that ^_^ can somebody tell me where to download the demo?^_^

Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

you'd probably not WANT to download the demo, actually, being that it maxes out the capacity of a DVD-ROM, which makes for some... looong downloads, even on broadband connections. I don't think the places out there have the demos anymore, as the game's now out.

The best places to go, are probably going to rely buying it or something the has it packaged. i.e. check on ebay, or buy the .hack//SIGN vol 1 box.

As the game is released now, you can probably go to your nearby Gamestop or EB to purchase the full version for PS2. n.n
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Shyngaku Chan Chan
Lowbie

Post by Shyngaku Chan Chan »

AWWWW MAN! thats so cheap. Whenever the PS2 and GameCube and XBoX came out i bought a GameCube thinking it would be badass!!! but nooo they had to go and put all the koo Japanese anime games on the PS2!!!!! GAH!!!!

*grabs his sisters plushy pikachu and cuts it's head off and eats hte stuffing*

UGH!!!!

sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

I have noticed that most of the good jap released games are on nintendo only up to the SNES... then they went with the psx and have stayed mostly with sony from there...
- Sudra Koder
"Those who only look forward, find death from behind." - Sudra
Inferno
Player Character

Post by Inferno »

i loved it :)
.hack//A*STAR
Lowbie

Post by .hack//A*STAR »

I just bought the game, have about 10 hours on it. I give it great reviews!