Favorite other Anime/manga?

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
AirSpiritX
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Favorite other Anime/manga?

Post by AirSpiritX »

Hey, everyone, be sure to say what you voted for! I am a complete Yu-Gi-Oh! freak, lol.....

I have to cry now...I entered too many poll options(18 ) and I have to edit...:cry:

Also, if your seires pick has both an anime and a manga, say which you like best. I prefer the manga, myself.

To the girls- sorry about all the shonen options :/, I don't know many shojo.

[EDIT- It deleted all my poll options! WTF?!?]
I like doing sigs and avatars, just ask and I will make you one or both.
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

it might not be able to handle 18 poll options. n.n;; As for favorite series, most people don't even know the manga series I like best, so... n.n;;

they're Chrono Crusade, Monster Collection, and Twin Signal amongst many others for manga. (I'm a big manga fan. n.n)

And Lost Universe is my absolute favorite anime series, but I also like Sorcerous Stabber Orphen, Cowboy Bebop... ehh... and my mind just died. stupid photoshop class. >.<
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Nanaki Tsukasa Mikage
Player Character

Post by Nanaki Tsukasa Mikage »

I like some of the anime there. =D

But other than .hack//SIGN, Ayashi No Ceres is the anime I <3
AnC is just.. w0w. *_* I love it so much, same creator of Fushigi Yuugi, though AnC is a LOT more serious and for older audiences. :: crazed Aki fan girl :: Actually Aki and Tsuka-kun are on the same platform. XD I can't choose.

Hana Yori Dango is great too, if you're into non-fantasy school-based anime.
Fruits Basket just... rocks omg. Kyou~ <3
Legend of Basara, Star Ocean EX, Yawara!, Mamotte Shugogetten, Houshin Engi..

So many good anime and manga. :: swoon ::
http://ayashinoceres.proboards15.com/ =X AnC fans, join. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LMFAO
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

I'd have to say my most favorite series at the moment are .hack// (all of it!) ^^, Final Fantasy: Unlimited, and Lost Universe. But I also like Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, and that's probably the only shoujo I like. Because of Dewey-sama! XD
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
Megami Subaru
Lowbie

Post by Megami Subaru »

But has anyone seen Azumanga? I think Osaka is my hero now. ^_^

There's also Inu Yasha even though its getting kinda weird.... what's up with Naraku's hair monster? ewwwwww.......

Even though all these are great, I will say my absolute fav at this moment is obsession with .hack
zettai makenai!
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

argh. I knew I forgot someth. Blame it on school. ^-^;;

Final Fantasy: Unlimited is on my list of favorite anime series. n.n;;
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

This is one I can think for.. sorta.

Favorite anime is .hack//SIGN and //Udeden, also FF:U, Slayers, and I'm getting horribly addicted to Spiral and Orphen n_n;;

Favorite manga..

Right now, it's still Yami no Matsuei, because it's so cute and beautiful, though depending on if/when I can get my hands on Twin Signal, it might change.. but it's to be seen n.n
Dty5731
Lowbie

Post by Dty5731 »

most definitly .hack//SIGN and SLAYERS! woot! go slayers! XD
~Dty~
Nanaki Tsukasa Mikage
Player Character

Ooh how can I forget YnM!!! *________* I haven't read the manga yet though.

And Gravitation.. X... :: drool :: Bishounen~
http://ayashinoceres.proboards15.com/ =X AnC fans, join. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LMFAO
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

Mahoromatic. And umm... I used to like Ranma (Manga only) but not much any more... Yup. Mahoromatic is really it. A couple of other minor ones. .hack obviously, but that's really it.
Myaru
Lowbie

Post by Myaru »

I have such a small collection. La.

My favorite manga: Hikaru no Go, Angel Sanctuary... I think Fushigi Yuugi is better as a manga than an anime. They all have beautiful artwork.

Favorite anime... probably Escaflowne and Oh! My Goddess! I dearly love Slayers, if only because it always makes me laugh.

Ja.
Amber Michelle
The fallen angels said to Enoch, "O man of God! Pray for us to the Lord," and he answered: "Who am I, a mortal man, that I should pray for angels?
Nanaki Tsukasa Mikage
Player Character

Escaflowne is great. =D And I love the artwork in FY as well. Have you seen Ayashi No Ceres? Some fans of FY tried it out, I never finished FY though. o_O;; AnC is fantasy-like, like FY but with more of a shady organization place stuck in. *_* And serious too, or it goes by the dub name, Ceres: Celestial Legend. :P

:: trots off to get ready for her trip to Toys R Us. :: >B Weee!
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

Hm.. favorites are so fluid...

My favorite manga, currently, have to be... Gunnm (Battle Angel Alita), Onegai Teacher and X..

For favorite anime... Kare Kano, Hellsing and X

Sure, .hack is nice and all, but it has to keep company with some very big names.
~ Resident Voodoo Techie ~
Myaru
Lowbie

Post by Myaru »

Escaflowne is great. =D And I love the artwork in FY as well. Have you seen Ayashi No Ceres? Some fans of FY tried it out, I never finished FY though. o_O;; AnC is fantasy-like, like FY but with more of a shady organization place stuck in. *_* And serious too, or it goes by the dub name, Ceres: Celestial Legend.
I've only seen the first DVD for Ayashi no Ceres. I have the artbook (because typical of Watase Yuu, the artwork is wonderful), and I was kind of checking up on the manga for a few years before the anime came out here in the US, but... I actually liked FY better, if you can believe it. Maybe I just didn't see enough of AnC. When we popped the second DVD in, things seemed horribly confusing, and we thought the thing with Touya (?) had progressed too fast... and then we realised that wasn't DVD #2, it was #3. So my whole AnC experience has been kind of screwed.

But! It's the kind of story I like (Ceres being the kind of character that'll draw me in), so I'd like to give it another try some time.

That was probably more than everyone needed to know. ^.^

Ja.
Amber Michelle
The fallen angels said to Enoch, "O man of God! Pray for us to the Lord," and he answered: "Who am I, a mortal man, that I should pray for angels?
Nanaki Tsukasa Mikage
Player Character

Yeah, the anime is great, and I had a hard time with figuring out what was going on as well. xD But it all peices together in the end.

Er.. well actually, the anime leaves out a LOT, and by a lot I mean as much as a character, in the anime they're in one episode, and doesn't really get to know anyone, but in the manga they're much bigger, and they stay around longer. *-*

But if you ever consider watching it, or reading the manga and need help understanding anything you can ask me. =D

I'm in the progress (a very slow one, because I was all into AnC until I saw .hack//SIGN, and since then been on a .hack craze and haven't had time for my AnC sites XD) of a site for AnC, revolving around the whole series, wiff piccus and everything. :P I also have a growing shrine to Aki. I luuurve Aki. XD;

But yeah, AnC blew me away. :( It's such a depressing anime deeper into the series. Getting near the end, last 6 - 8 episodes it gets so darn sad XD