CC2 Update: Comptique 'The World' part two!

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

CC2 Update: Comptique 'The World' part two!

Post by Sora »

The CC2 .hack page has yet another update, detailing the contents of the new .hack special in Comptique Magazine. Here are some details on it:

152 pages long

'.hack//Another Birth'
There is a new project starting up! Tt seems to be a novelization of the 4 .hack games. The prologue, 'hack//Another Birth' is included in this special. I can't accurately transliterate the names of the author and supervisor (kanji pronunciation of names is a PAIN), but the illustrations will be done by CyberConnect 2.. I expect it can be something like the top images and shrine images we've seen so far. Sounds interesting!

'Choukouryokukou Daihoudan'
AKA, 'Ultra-High Strength Steel Big Freetalk'
... The .hack project is known for it's goofy names, ignore the title. It seems to be a 'free talk', like those found in manga, from many of the creators and people involved in the project.

'CyberConnect2 Nyuumon'
AKA, an Introduction to Cyberconnect 2
Also, for the first time, people from the inside of CC2 will be speaking about the project and what it took to create it.

There is information on what .hack//GIFT is. Supposedly it's some kind of anime, though they don't disclose the information on the page. Likely, to see what it really is, one has to order the magazine. Hopefully one of us can do that, or if someone else can grab it and get some scans, it'd be mightily appreciated.

There will be a section on the entirety of Shugo and Rena's adventures in .hack//Udeden. I can only pray they'll talk about the difference (or possible connection >_>;; ) between that and the manga, but that might be asking too much >.o;

Now here's an interesting part!

'.hack//Mugen Zoushoku'
'.hack//Infinite Multiplication', from what I get of it ( This is, of all things, a Tabletop RPG. The article is going to be on the planning process and what they've got right now in terms of its creation. Preview illustrations will be available.

(as a note, we're not completely satisified with the title we've given it. We'd be happier with 'Infinite Possibilities', but it doesn't quite match up. Grrr *flails* Anyway, if we come across a better translation, we'll change it)

I guess that's what's next for the .hack project, to those who asked the question. Wow.

There is a section on the Creation Materials Collection for .hack//Mutation. There was probably one for //Infection in the last special. I didn't see it, but I guess you could expect the same thing you would have seen in that one, except for Volume 2.

'.hack//AI Buster/Wotan's Spear'
What seems to be the last story. Albireo's final adventure, as they call it. Hmm, that's wrapping up too, it seems.

'.hack//Aoi Sora ni Utsurumono'
'.hack//Infection in the Blue Sky', is what we've come up with as far as the title. It's a bit wonky (we would have thought it to be 'Aozora' instead of 'Aoi Sora' but there's definitely an 'i' in that, so.. Well, anyway, if someone wants to PM me with a better translation for any of these, I'm up for it).

It seems to be a comic about Balmung and Reki, and their 'Great Activity!'

.... Balmung x Reki fans, no comment.

It seems likely that it's a short comic about the two trying to plan an event (GREATEST EVENT EVEAR!!!) and likely.. it doesn't turn out well. Can't say, nothing's really said about it, but it will probably be fun. It's drawn by the same artist who did .hack//DUSK, so you know what to expect, I suppose.

That's it for content. Piroshi goes off on another silly rant kinda thing below it, if you know Japanese, it's pretty amusing. Well.. It's Piroshi, so it's always amusing to me, maybe not to everyone else ^^;;

Anyway, enjoy!
----------------------------------
"Sora KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!"

Don't hate me because I'm l337iful ;_;