Hmm hmm hmm... altimit-os.net status update...

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Pipian
Player Character

Hmm hmm hmm... altimit-os.net status update...

Post by Pipian »

Not much going on in the KDE theme. Still looking for people to help with widget design. On the other hand, I'm working on a cooler page for it soon, and possibly expanding the focus of the site... But the page will have all neat sorts of stuff without using a bit of Flash. Of course IE 5 and Mozilla minimum. No IE/Netscape 4. I like DOM. ^__^
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

For those interested in how the page will act on booting in the future, go to http://altimit-os.net/newindex Nothing there except some neat flashy (Not WITH Flash) stuff... All done with DOM. Should work with IE5+ and Mozilla (Though it's a bit more fidgity in IE). Anything older? Probably not.
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

Good news, everybody. You've got a delivery to TiVo 7, the Television Planet...

I mean...

altimit-os.net now has AltimitOS System Sounds (In WAV format, yes) for those interested in untarring a .tar.bz2 file (smaller size compared to a .zip). I blieve WinRAR can handle it.

Also, I'm starting to seriously consider a Windows theme for lack of help with KDE Widgets for the moment.
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

I'd love a Windows theme, actually ^^ I say go for it! It would probably be very popular ^o^
YashaOokami
Legend

Post by YashaOokami »

After going to your site,I say it looks pretty good so far.Even the little pop-up window ^^; And yes it would be nice if there was a Windows theme too.
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

I don't intend to do any hacking that would be too much of a pain for the end user. The intent of Project: ALTIMIT is to make it easy to install and switch away from. Thus, unlike the so called projects from The World BBS I am going to stick with the means given to me by the initial setups of windows. Though you must understand that this means that only XP will have a chance of an accurate theme and that 2000 and less will only have as good an approximation as I can give without inconveniancing people by actually hex-editing explorer.exe and so-forth. Now a Windowblinds adaptation that could be used with Windowblinds (which can be used on Windows 98+) is another possibility, but as I said, that'll be later rather than now.

As for now I've come up with the best approximation of the color scheme I can get and I exported the registry settings, so I'll be putting that up in a couple of days. Getting a Windows XP theme will be more difficult as it's a bit more difficult to get a hand on that OS for me. On the other hand, I wager there's a greater demand from those who don't use XP anyway. If I'm remembering correctly, I think Tsukasa and Asmaria, as examples, don't use XP out of choice... Anyway, expect a registry patch that will add AltimitOS colors (as best I can approximate with the way Windows handles things) to your Display Control Panel. An old fashioned Windows 95/98 theme may be forthcoming as well (If I had access to a Windows 98 machine it would be forthcoming sooner, but I don't...).
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

If I'm remembering correctly, I think Tsukasa and Asmaria, as examples, don't use XP out of choice...
Actually... I could've formatted Morgy on the spot the day I got her. I didn't, though, and kept XP on her. I guess it is by choice now, isn't it? ^-^;;
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

*shrug* I dunno, and frankly I don't particularly care. I was just making the point that there are certain people (it may or may not be you) who still choose NOT to upgrade to XP (And I wouldn't blame them =P)
Megami Subaru
Lowbie

Post by Megami Subaru »

Is there one available for gnome yet?
zettai makenai!
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

I'm considering it as well.
Megami Subaru
Lowbie

Post by Megami Subaru »

Yeah!
zettai makenai!
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

Progress Report: Windowblinds theme now ~25% done (guesstimate). Scrollbars, titlebar, menus, and window borders are finished. The more interactive things (Buttons, etc.) are still left. Supposing GNOME is easier to skin (can use pixmaps for all buttons and such) a port should not be too difficult. Likewise with msstyles (the internal XP theming engine).
MithrilKatanaX
Player Character

Post by MithrilKatanaX »

i have to respect any attempt at a windows version, but may i suggest StyleXP instead of WindowsBlinds... personally i find it a much better program, and i believe that it uses less system resources... StyleXP also allows you to change th LogonUI and with the addition of one of many other programs, one could also change their Windoes XP boot screen... i am currently working on doing this, but not very actively because i havent had a whole lot of time to work on them recently...
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

I know. That's why I plan to make an msstyles version. Only reason for a Windowblinds version is for older versions of windows that arent' XP.
MithrilKatanaX
Player Character

Post by MithrilKatanaX »

thats cool... what are you using to make it... im interested in getting a version for xp... ive been basing my stuff off of the .swf file that is the main part of the japanese .hack site... im messing aroung with TGT Soft's StyleBuilder for the base files and playing with those files in Photoshop 7... its been slow, and i havent devoted much time to it (kept hoping someone else would) but ill try to pitch in if you want/need some help...