RP ?

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Terra
Player Character

RP ?

Post by Terra »

wonders if it's ok to have an RP type section ?

*logs in and sits next to the portal*
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

I'm afraid I'm going to have to say no to that, Terra. While RP has its merits on some message boards, I'd prefer this one being kept with its focus on discussion.

Also, I'd rather not add too much uncessesary bandwidth problems to Bear, who's hosting this whole thing, so that's why I try to keep offtopic things to a minimum (with little success, thus far. The Babble Board's obviously the most popular x.x;;; )

I'm sure you can start up a board for .hack MB RP, but this isnt the place.

Thanks n.n
Terra
Player Character

Post by Terra »

thanks for answering

i'll honur ur desision :)

*runs and hides wanting to stay alive*
AirSpiritX
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by AirSpiritX »

Hmm.....as soon as I get the reply from my host, my board will be up.....I'd be glad to make a sub-site that si a .hack RP.......so long as I'm Tsukasa.

If You guys(is it Bear that is the head admin?) would like to affiliate with that RP and make it a part of this board that sin't on the board(LOL), that's cool. I have my hands full with a lot of work right now, so it'd be good if I got some help on it, at least.
I like doing sigs and avatars, just ask and I will make you one or both.
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

Terra and myself are planning on creating a dedicated server to allow for rp... If anybody would be interested in joining it, it will have unlimited bandwidth usage due to the fact that the server will be in our house...

Though the connection may seem a little slow at times due to the limited upload speed from our isp... The max upload speed will be a total of 30-60 kb/s... Looking at this board, it doesn't seem like it'd be a problem... There also may be an option for active rp in a chat room on the server...

Is there anyone who'd be interested if this plan is put into action???
- Sudra Koder
"Those who only look forward, find death from behind." - Sudra
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

I'm in too many roleplay's already, on Mucks... I would if I had the time... @_@ But I can hardly keep up with my work/college/costuming hobby as is. ^^; gomen.
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

it happens... between work and college ya probably don't have much time anyways...
- Sudra Koder
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

My roleplays are only on my forum. Really exciting they are. Well... Sometimes.
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

I was in a few different rp forums, but i lost them...
- Sudra Koder
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

You guys are welcome to make a forum on your own space for RPing. I doubt we'll be officially affiliated, but that doesn't mean too much n.n

Have fun! ^o^ I have fun on my RP too o/~
error
Player Character

Post by error »

sudra: you do know about crunching right? php isn't very light on servers.
[The Adventures of Dane and Chase] <- Click the linkie, I dare you.
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

I do know this, but the way that this board is built, it is very resource effecient... Out of all of the free php boards, this is the lightest... This board has the lowest requirements out of all that i have looked at...
- Sudra Koder
error
Player Character

Post by error »

Well just remember, hosting files that require the computer to think eat the computer. What are the specs of the machine you plan running it on? Basically i'm saying, it's less of a bandwidth worry than a memory (computer) worry.
[The Adventures of Dane and Chase] <- Click the linkie, I dare you.
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

for the board... i am actually talking about low resource requirements... Other people agree with this as well...
enigmax wrote:Highly recommend it. Best of all, it has the lowest CPU usage on my Server compared to all other freebies out there.
The computer is going to be a duron 800 with 512 meg ram...
- Sudra Koder
Nanaki Tsukasa Mikage
Player Character

Post by Nanaki Tsukasa Mikage »

I love RPing, but I'm not really into board RPing. x.x; I'm into chatroom, or buddy chats on AIM. And I really like planned SLs. XD But then again that doesn't really matter. :P I'm not too much into romance RPing, unless it's with other people. x_X;;

Er... I sound picky, but I'm not too much. xD; Just that with boards and stuff you have to check, where as with rooms you're just.. there. o.o;

But um. o.o If you plan on having chatroom RPing, I'd love to be a part, cause I'm on all the time.. XD;; Demo the only .hack person I RP is Tsukasa. @.@; So unless you have a seperate one with Tsukasa free then count me booty in! XD

:: goes back to freezing :: T_T; Of all the times for the heat and hot water to go off...
http://ayashinoceres.proboards15.com/ =X AnC fans, join. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LMFAO