New images from Project GU and interview

.hack//G.U. discussion. No spoilers!
Sola
Lowbie

New images from Project GU and interview

Post by Sola »

CC2 has released two images to promote their newest project, GU. One is a silhouette of some random character, the other is a silhouette of a figure closely resembling Kite.

Pic one:
http://d5t.dreamhost.com/gu_unveil.gif

Kite? pic:
http://d5t.dreamhost.com/gu_kite.gif

Also, on CC2's .hack site, an interview concerning the future of .hack has been posted. (Project GU is hinted in it.)

Original interview:
http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/hack/piroshi32.html

A translastion of it has been posted on Dothackers.net.

Translation:
http://www.dothackers.net/gu_qa.php

Just thought you'd all like to have a look. :)
"I've just decided, there are only three things in "The World" that scare the crap out of me: Data Bugs, psycho AIs, and the Mods... Heed my words well- beware the Mods; they WILL devour you." ~ Tyr (from the fanfiction .hack//REPRISE)
End of a Shadow
Player Character

Post by End of a Shadow »

You forget www.hack.channel.or.jp has a countdown video clip before viewing their site stating a countdown to the 18th being E3. GU website talks about being at E3.
.hack//Integral -- A .hack up-to-date information, discussion,
text-based roleplaying, gallery, store, giveaways, and more site!
Sola
Lowbie

Post by Sola »

End of a Shadow wrote:You forget www.hack.channel.or.jp has a countdown video clip before viewing their site stating a countdown to the 18th being E3. GU website talks about being at E3.
You're right. Sorry for forgetting about that. (Though I've never really gotten to see the countdown; my computer has not be working too well as of late.)

Edit:
Also, there are rumors of a .hack movie in the works, i.e talk, but they are only rumors so we best not get our hopes up. Though I am curious on what they could make a movie about; the world of .hack is just so vast.
"I've just decided, there are only three things in "The World" that scare the crap out of me: Data Bugs, psycho AIs, and the Mods... Heed my words well- beware the Mods; they WILL devour you." ~ Tyr (from the fanfiction .hack//REPRISE)
alucard
Player Character

Post by alucard »

Will the movie be with real actors or animated ? what do you think ? :wink:

I wonder when it could takes place in the hack timeline...
In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen
hALEYhACKER
Lowbie

Post by hALEYhACKER »

If they did, they would probably write a whole nother story line. Probably near the end of the current .hack timeline. I hope it is animated ( says this w/out getting his hopes up for a movie at all.) because real actors would just make it horrible, animation is really the only decent way to portray the World.
Don't Judge Me By How You See Me, Judge Me By How You Know Me.
-hALEYhACKER/JRHACKER
babychicflyer
Lowbie

Post by babychicflyer »

most likely the next movie will be animated i dont think they will change it just out of the blue they have to kepp it the normal way and the original way
HOW CAN PEOPLE NOT SEE THAT YOUR BEST FRIEND OF THE OPPOSITE SEX LIKES YOU!?!?!?!
Sola
Lowbie

Post by Sola »

Since .hack is an anime based franchise, then its safe to say the movie will be animated; that is if they make a movie.

Keep in mind, these are only rumors at the time being.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

It appears that Bandai hasn't released any deffinate new so f a.hack movie, so please treat it as a rumor for the time being.^^;;

As for Project GU, I'm very curious to see how this turns out; it may be an extention to .hack (which I doubt) or probably just another game designed by the same company.
If you look closely as CC2 games, they all share certain aspects, such as Character designs (sort of) or even music. (In narutimett Hero, if Gaara uses a Jutsu, you hear music that plays in the desert field of .hack)
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
Sola
Lowbie

Post by Sola »

The official U.S. .hack site now has the flash countdown until Project GU unveiling; there is also a new image. Seeing that the countdown to GU has be posted on BOTH Japanese and English .hack sites, odds are in favor of GU being a .hack related project.

New Pic: The character on the left looks a lot like Kite, though the weapon is different. We might be seeing him again. (God forbid it's Shugo... *shudders*)
http://www.dothackers.net/gu_kite.gif

Edit: I apologize if the link does not work. To see the pic, go here:
http://www.dothackers.net/index.php
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Isn't this something...perhaps it is .hack related...that would really be a surprise...although from when I go to the US site, I'm reminded of "The Ring" (It says 7 days right now XD)
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Sola
Lowbie

Post by Sola »

thedudewhosadude wrote:Isn't this something...perhaps it is .hack related...that would really be a surprise...although from when I go to the US site, I'm reminded of "The Ring" (It says 7 days right now XD)
I thought of The Ring also when I saw it, lol.

And yes, odds are Poject GU is .hack related. Only 7 more days till we find out what CC2 has been hiding from us. :D
alucard
Player Character

Post by alucard »

I wonder if this new game will takes place before SIGN. After all, AI Buster is supposed to come out at the same time..... And it will be very interesting to learn more about fragment :wink:

In fact, I don't see where they can put it anywhere else in the Dot Hack timeline ...
In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen
thedudewhosadude
Legend

They could just place it after everything...that'd be easiest, but would feel too much like a rehash...kinda like Myotismon in Digimon (hey, shaddup, they're MY childhood memories!) Also, something interesting I've seen....the countdown on the GU site is one day more than the US .hack site. (For example, today, GU says "7" and .hack says "6 Days")
Sola
Lowbie

Post by Sola »

There is that four year interval between QUARANTINE and LotT. It could take place some where during that time frame.

Edit:
As for the countdown, they put the one up on the English site after they put up the one on the Japanese site. Japan is also in a different time zone, so it could still be yesterday there.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

*sweatdrop* Wow, I totally forgot about that! The biggest problem though, would be what they'd do for a plot....it would have to be something that wouldn't affect the later chapters of .hack (that is, if they place it before the end of LotT)

EDIT: Wow, looks like I've also totally forgotten how to properly use tags.... ._.