New images from Project GU and interview

.hack//G.U. discussion. No spoilers!
End of a Shadow
Player Character

Post by End of a Shadow »

Sola wrote:Image
To add to this, ever recall the old floating etches/symbols in the Udeden series?

Unless anyone knows the point of that A shape symbol that appears in these GU photos, maybe it has to deal with the same stuff in Udeden?
.hack//Integral -- A .hack up-to-date information, discussion,
text-based roleplaying, gallery, store, giveaways, and more site!
Sola
Lowbie

Post by Sola »

Bandai (not CC2) announced today that .hack//G.U., the next new .hack game is currently in development for the PlayStation 2. Cyber Connect 2 will have more information May 18th. G.U. is scheduled to launch in Japan and North America next year. G.U. will feature a new cast of characters and an original storyline. CC2's announcement should give us a lot more information in two days. I will try and get the whole press release for you all posted tomorrow.

The world premier of the ".hack//G.U." teaser trailer will run in the Bandai booth at E3 every day (starting tomorrow) on 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM PST. Be sure to check back here for the video.

"We joined forces with the most renowned animated TV show talents to create the original '.hack' series," said Naruo Uchida, Vice President of Bandai Games Inc. "We're proud to announce that Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, the character designer of 'Evangelion,' and Kazunori Ito, the writer of 'Ghost in the Shell' and 'Patlabor,' are both returning for the new game."
Info taken from dothackers.net.

It is comfirmed. Project G.U. is a .hack game. The first offical trailer will be viewed starting tomorrow at E3. I have a friend who is going, so I will get some more info from him when he sees it.
"I've just decided, there are only three things in "The World" that scare the crap out of me: Data Bugs, psycho AIs, and the Mods... Heed my words well- beware the Mods; they WILL devour you." ~ Tyr (from the fanfiction .hack//REPRISE)
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

"We're proud to announce that Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, the character designer of 'Evangelion,' and Kazunori Ito, the writer of 'Ghost in the Shell' and 'Patlabor,' are both returning for the new game."
O_O .......I hate to act on a non-professional level, but I am pumped & anticipating this info. <3Eva's character designs.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
End of a Shadow
Player Character

Post by End of a Shadow »

If this is indeed a .hack series, then maybe .hack//INFO won't be dying and call for need to open a new fora section on it.

Though I can't approve it being on the PS2, seems kinda dumb since the next gen consoles will also be released next year. That or be even better and conveinant on the PSP.
.hack//Integral -- A .hack up-to-date information, discussion,
text-based roleplaying, gallery, store, giveaways, and more site!
Sola
Lowbie

Post by Sola »

Hopefully the battle system and graphics for .hack//G.U. will be better than that of INFECTION-QUARANTINE (the characters looked like they were chopped out of blocks of wood); but knowing CC2, that is not likely. It will be a shock if they were, though.
As for Project GU, I'm very curious to see how this turns out; it may be an extention to .hack (which I doubt) or probably just another game designed by the same company.
And you doubted us, Elk. :D
"I've just decided, there are only three things in "The World" that scare the crap out of me: Data Bugs, psycho AIs, and the Mods... Heed my words well- beware the Mods; they WILL devour you." ~ Tyr (from the fanfiction .hack//REPRISE)
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Sola wrote:
And you doubted us, Elk. :D
I did doubt you... I always do have the feeling that people exagurate the "connections." But this time, I can admit I was wrong. XD
Sola
Lowbie

Post by Sola »

Elk wrote:I did doubt you... I always do have the feeling that people exagurate the "connections." But this time, I can admit I was wrong. XD
Just because someone's new doesn't make them a n00b, Elky. *pats on head* I always triple-check information before posting it anyway.

Edit:
I also think a GU board is in order. It was kind of hard deciding where to post this information.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

I didn't call you a "n00b." I just said that people tend to exagurate the connections between 2 things, so it's best not to believe too many rumors you hear. I did doubt that it was connected to .hack, but I did not ignore the possibility of its connection, thus is why I left it unlocked when I first saw it.

Don't take my comments the wrong way, I was in no way trying to insult you. ^^

Anyways, back on topic...
The site is now open, for anyone who is curious: http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/gu/index.html It gives off a real Kingdom Hearts' Halloween Town feel, with the stitching.^^
Bear will probably open a GU board sometime this week.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

The trailer's now up on the US .hack site (www.dothack.com) It looks soooo amazingly good!
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Sola
Lowbie

Post by Sola »

Here are the new promotional images/screen caps from the new game.

Looks like CC2 has upped their style. Apparently the Kite look-alike looks like a "Shadow" Kite of some sort. Intresting...

Edit:
Dag nabbit!!! >_< Sorry... For some odd reason, the images will not work. I'm going to try to fix that...
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Just thought I'd help a little bit:

source was www.dothackers.net ....actually, I got them from Sola, and I just rehosted them...I'm guessing maybe dothackers doesn't allow direct linking?
Sola
Lowbie

Post by Sola »

Now the images I posted are working... There must be a bug in the system somewhere...

Edit:
Now they aren't... XD

I give up! You win system!!

Edit-Edit:
This site will be available from May 18th, 2005 to May 27th, 2005
That's what it says at the bottom of Dothack.com... I guess they're only having it up for E3...

Edit-Edit-Edit:

Almost double posted with this one... :lol:
AIDA- Artificially Intelligent Data Anomaly
Quoth the trailer. Maybe that's what our demented-looking Kite is...
Hmm... Very interesting...
thedudewhosadude
Legend

It also says that at the Jpn. site...hm...although on there it only says that the trailer will be available only for that long...oh, and I've been working on this throughout the day; my analysis of the trailer!

[Edit by Elk: "Please refrain from using the term Jap, since it's a racial slur.^^;;"]

Analysis on .hack//G.U. trailer

Now that the trailer's out, and now that .hack//G.U.'s been seen by the general public, let's see what we can take apart from the trailer. Granted, spoilers, but abosolutly nothing's solid right now..

Trailer Starts...we see a young man fall to the ground in what seems to be an area similar yet much larger than Delta Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground. "When 'It' was born, the first thing it saw was a 'PK'." PK=Player Killer (dur) Then the word "Aida" appears. We hear the Liminality ping (the note A) and then the title ".hack//G.U." appears. The title does a glitch effect away, and an eye is seen for a very breif time. Cut to a desert field, where the silver-haired player is standing above a circle of players. The screen flickers to a green screen for a few short seconds, where we can see what G.U. might stand for...Genesis of Ultima, Generation of Unison, Guide to an Uprising, Gate of Urobosos, and Gulity Universe. The screen returns to the desert, and we see the players on the ground making attacks on the center players. The silver haired player walks down to them. The other players seem shocked, and we are shown a breif flash-back to Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground, where the sliver haired player is held at weapon point, and them presumably killed. He smiles, and begins his attack on them all. He draws a Twin Blade weapon from behind him, which seems to have a "motor" function. After striking down a few of them, he returns to the center, and in one smooth motion replaces his Twin Blades and pulls out a Long Arm weapon, sending out a shockwave when he does. A player goes up to attack him, but he uses some sort of spell that launches the player clear into the distance. Vak Don comes to mind, but its more of a Hadouken...A Heavy Axeman sneaks up from behind, and is about to strike when the silver haired player jumps out of the way. Once he's clear, he puts his weapon away and pulls out a Heavy Blade weapon. (I'm assuming by its size and his handling of it that it's a Heavy Blade, and not a Blademaster) It resembles a chainsaw, with its "motor" function. Several quick cuts of the camera, and everyone's dead. Now we are introduced to the human phases. The Terror of Death, Haseo. The Mirage of Deceit, Atoli. The Propagation, Kuhn. The Prophet, Yata. The Machinator, Sakubo. The Temptress, Endrance. The Avenger, Pai. The Rebirth, Ovan. Some clips are very breifly shown, although you can see some of the Human Phases in them. We see the sliver haired player, and the words AIDA appear infront of him. Beneath them it says "Artificially Intelligent Data Anomaly." The Silver Haired player returns to Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground, and flashes back to when he was previously there, with Atoli, the Mirage of Deceit. He hears the Liminality Ping (The note A) and snaps back to reality. He looks around the church, and while his back is turned, a blue-ish purple orb descendes from where Aura's statue previously was. The orb explodes, knocking the player back a few pews. From where the orb was emerges Kite. However, he looks different, as if sewn together. His eye (his other eye is not visible) is a pale grey. Kite draws a Twin Blade weapon, which appears to be rare (since it has that "trailing" effect) He pulls them in, and "unlocks" them. The red A looking sybol appears, and sinks into the blades. The silver haired player draws his blades as well, and the words "Artificially Intelligent Data Anomally" appear again in the background. He attacks Kite, but every strike he makes is deflected by Kite, literally single-handedly. Not even the motor function seems to help place an attack on Kite. He flips backwards, and draws out the Heavy Blade weapon. Running as though he had Ap Do cast upon him, he goes to attack Kite. Kite once again stops the attack with one blade, and sends the player flying backwards with the other. Kite walks foward, and places his left hand towards the sky in a familiar pose. The player is slowly rising, but too late...Kite's hand points foward, and a red version of the Data Drain collects around his wrist. Then it is launched with yellow "Drain Arrows." They reach their mark, and hit silver haired dead on. The title ".hack//G.U." flashes yet again. We see the player on the ground again, just like in the opening of the trailer. Ovan, The Rebirth, approaches silver's player on the floor. He extends his hand and says "Welcome to 'The World.'" Several shots are shown between company logos, and the trailer ends.

Conclusions?
-Most likely, you play as the Silver-Haired Player. If he is the Aida or not, we do not know. The reason why I'm not applying it to him is because during .hack//SIGN the words "key of the twilight" were flashed over many people, yet none of them were the key.
-The Green Eye in the opening is not possessed by Kite or Silver.
-I'm more interested in the "Gate of Urbosos" meaning of G.U... the Urbosos is the image of a serpent swallowing its tail (http://info.uibk.ac.at/c/cb/cb26/resch/ ... oboros.gif) It's supposed to carry a meaning of infinity and the such. However, to take a Liminality approach to it, it seperates what is on the outside, and what is on the inside.
-My best guess is that Silver-Haired is a player killer. He seems to also possess an all-inclusive class that permits him to use weapons from the Twin Blade, Long Arm, and Heavy Blade classes.
-The intent of the Human Phases isn't quite clear right now. Silver-Haired seems to have something for Pai and Atoli.
-The new Kite....let's call him Dark Kite for now, despite his true intentions not currently known. From his appearance, I'd say that he was the result of several junk data copies of the original Kite. However, due to the bracelet's protection, he shouldn't have been able to be copied. Neither should his data be able to be modified. Yet, this Kite possesses a Red Data Drain. He is also quite powerful, and has something to do with the red symbol.

Pictures are located at : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/ ... VD_0##.bmp

##=00-08, 10-17, 19-37, 39, 42-53

If nothing else, enjoy the piccies!
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

If anything, that Silver-haired player appears to be Haseo. Which would explain why the phases are being close to him...
CRtwenty
Legend

Post by CRtwenty »

Weird... after hearing this I just had to come back to this site and see what was going on...

Anyway, it looks like this is probably the next phase of the A.I. cycle. So I'm thinking it will take place sometime after /LOTB in the timeline. It looks like we'll be playing the silver haired kid who appears to be a PKer who was datadrained by... can we call it Neo-Kite? Since that's obviously not the real one. It also appears that he is the new first Phase...

What the motivation behind this is is anybody's guess... the text at the beginning states about when "IT awoke" I'm assuming that IT is refering to Neo-Kite, which implies that Neo-Kite is an A.I., possibly AIDA.

Random speculation... for some reason or another part of the Twilight program was started up again, resulting in the creation of a new Twilight Dragon, Neo-Kite, however for some reason he became corrupt and started data draining random people. In response Aura (or whoever the dominant AI is at this time) reawoke the Phases who were created to serve her. She put the Phase programming into the victims of those who had been attacked by Neo-Kite.

Now it's a reversal of the last .hack games, where the Phases led by the First Phase do battle against the Twilight Dragon.
"Hark he of Fair eyes, I am CRtwenty of the Azure Keyboard!"