New images from Project GU and interview

.hack//G.U. discussion. No spoilers!
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

New info! Taken from: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/1506.html Apparantly, .hack//G.U. will be three games, but each will be its "own" game, unlike .hack//I.M.O.Q, where it was the same plot and characters throughout all four games. However, it is also said that the first game in itself, which is currently at 60% completion, is already longer than the previous four games. .hack//G.U. takes place in 2017, 7 years after //Quarantine. Some "cataclysmic event" has caused "The World" the start evolving on its own; making it unstable again. It is said to be released here in 2006.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Tsunami the Silver Dragon
Player Character

Post by Tsunami the Silver Dragon »

Hmm...

I'm looking forward to it but...

The weirdest part of this is that me and Toxin (one of my information consultants) had started writting a fanfiction of the same catagory.

Well, I'd rather it be made into a game anyway (still weird though).

And wasn't the "phases as humans" thing our idea (A spy from CC2? Nah, couldn't be.)?

Just a thought...
"For all the Dreamers out there, our planet's dream isn't over yet."

"Jill, this is for you."
thedudewhosadude
Legend

That's right! I thought I remembered someone writing a fic like that! We even had a topic on it; what we thought that the phases would look like. I also believe that it was Albedo that made sketches of what they would look like...at least, I think it was him >.-
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Tsunami the Silver Dragon wrote: And wasn't the "phases as humans" thing our idea (A spy from CC2? Nah, couldn't be.)?
Well, it's kind of like the "player character(/AI) as phases" that CC2 did with Mia, so I'm sure they had this idea concidered anyways.^^;;
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

Some observations:

First:

The Silver-haired PKer has Skeith's eye on his breastplate. (You know, those creepy red-irised eye on Skeith's chest, and here exactly like that!) That pretty much proves him being Haseo, IMHO. The armour, however, appears to be removed in past/future versions of Haseo, for some reason... (During flashbacks with Atoli, and when Ovan finds him)

I'd show screenshots but a certain photo application hates me, and I've been reluctant to try any more ever since.

Second:

I'm pretty sure they show all the human phases in the flashes, but the only ones I'm certain of are Atoli, Pai, and maybe Endrance.

Third:

I'm sure everyone noticed the Mia-esque(It's a thin, tall cat, anyway) doll on Endrance's shoulder by now, but it's kinda amusing so I put it down anyway.

Personal notes:

AIDA probably refers to the phases themselves. Notice how the full AIDA sentence appears during a 'camera shot' of Haseo.

Recall how Skeith was the first to awake...Technically, the first thing it 'saw' would be Sora. Who was a PKer. And how Haseo's character design (And probably attitude, but there's not enough shown to tell) resembles Sora.

Given the setting of the game, it is most certainly after the Legend of Twilight Bracelet, if that part is even included at all (zomg alternate universe'D!). Such a large incident wouldn't have escaped the knowledge of people in 'Dusk', given the PKing incidents and all...

PKing may either be part of the Phase personality or Sora's personality that rubbed off on it. But from the information we received thus far, it would appear many more people are PKing as well... Does this mean all the Phases are PKing? Or is it something more?

What I'm more than 75% certain, however, was that Haseo attacked 'Unknown' Kite more because of a Phase 'gut-reaction' to the Twilight Dragon than of a PKer response.

Fun note: How many of you were thrown off by the Human versions of the Phases? Pai completely caught me off-guard. That was certainly not what I'd expect of "The Avenger"... Especially not as a female with glasses... "The Machinator" as that cheeky-looking kid makes sense in a way... But its still as wierd.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Ovan (The Rebirth) reminds me a lot of somekind of mix between Vash and Wolfwood...Atoli...I somewhat expected her (or him [there's always that Hoatru case]) to look all cute 'nd cuddly...after all, they are the succesor to the Mirage of Deceit. I haven't seen enough of Kuhn and Yata to say anything on them. Sakubo....somehow, I imagine her having Ninamori's voice from Fooly Cooly...and I don't even know her personality XD. Endrance looks like quite a nice looking character. Kinda has a Moruti feel to her. Pai reminds me of Mune Mune from Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, and I'm not entirely sure why...probably the glasses and hair (even though Mune's was Red)
jinthemaster
Lowbie

awsome!!

Post by jinthemaster »

so what does G.U. stand for ?
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

G.U. has about...10+? different meanings so far, but none of them are confirmed. Personally, Gate of Urobolus stands out the most, given .hack's leanings towards mythology and the like.

Looking closely, it appears that the person who made Haseo blush was Pai... o_o; Looks like Pai's alot shorter than I thought... And has pink hair to boot. ^_^
thedudewhosadude
Legend

So far, from freeze-framing quite a bit, I've come up with the following:

Genesis of Ultima
Generation of Unison
Guide to an Uprising
Gate of Urobosos
Gulity Universe
Guardian Ubiquitos
Graceless Unison
Geek's Utopia

In my opinion, they all seem the mean the same thing: "The World" Everything that's G.U. seems to relate to "The World" The only thing I can't exactly lay a finger on is Guardian Ubiquitos. A quick google determined that it had something to do with technology.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

In my opinion, they all seem the mean the same thing: "The World" Everything that's G.U. seems to relate to "The World" The only thing I can't exactly lay a finger on is Guardian Ubiquitos. A quick google determined that it had something to do with technology.
Well, Ubiquitous means present everywhere. Another word for it is Omni-Present.

Add guardian in front of it we're talking about an omni-present guardian...
Aura maybe???
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
End of a Shadow
Player Character

Post by End of a Shadow »

Image Image

The animated image is a clip from the e3 Trailer of GU.
.hack//Integral -- A .hack up-to-date information, discussion,
text-based roleplaying, gallery, store, giveaways, and more site!
thedudewhosadude
Legend

*drools* Skeith-chan! I still have your clay parts lying around my room! Any idea on what any of the other short clips are?
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

Argh! It's Skeith in all his clayful glory!!

Damnit, I wanted them to be purely PC now... >_>
End of a Shadow
Player Character

Post by End of a Shadow »

To me I say its just Kite's data from the system after being Data Drained by the real phases, maybe even Cubia in a new form since Cubia also copied Kites data in the past. This Kite is clearly some way part of the system, and the ball of light makes me think more Wandering AI (AIDA). He even still has his data draining abilities and practically invincble (much like Cubia was). Morganna made it so that Data Drain does exist in the world but removed Aura's data draining powers. Thus in the old games she passed that power onto other players (both kites). This Kite obviously has the data to data drain players. I'm guessing towards the fact Haseo may prove as a threat to the system like the original Kite was to Morganna. Except both may be AI's. Its nothing new that Wandering AI's attack each other (Mourti & Aura) but does seem to be the case here.
Image of Kite in a purple sphere similar to Aura's red spheres

To add to my theory on Kite possibly being Kubia, here's this:

PS2 disk 4 screen for Kubia

"Meant to seek out malicious players with illegal abilities or items like the Braclet and Data Drain them"

This Kite appeared out of nowhere in a ball of energy much like Aura did, and his intention was clearly to data drain Haseo. Kubia disappeared because the treat was no longer present. The only thing that's stopping my theory is what does Haseo have that would be considered malicious?
.hack//Integral -- A .hack up-to-date information, discussion,
text-based roleplaying, gallery, store, giveaways, and more site!
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

There! The Eye! You can see it in the screenshot.

>_>

Yeah, I'm obsessed about the Phases' eyes.

Indeed, if Haseo was 'part of the world', why would Cubia destroy him? Maybe because Cubia acts as a 'Lady of Pain', an arbiter that destroys any disturbances in its realm. Even its own 'subjects' should it be required.

Yet it would appear that Haseo was transported to wherever Ovan was... Maybe Ovan is in charge of bringing them back to life or something.