New images from Project GU and interview

.hack//G.U. discussion. No spoilers!
End of a Shadow
Player Character

Post by End of a Shadow »

MeultimaSama wrote:Indeed, if Haseo was 'part of the world', why would Cubia destroy him? Maybe because Cubia acts as a 'Lady of Pain', an arbiter that destroys any disturbances in its realm. Even its own 'subjects' should it be required.
No surprise there since Mourti attacked Aura and friends with her monster in LoTB, and not to mention Morganna and Morganna sending out Skeith to kill Aura.
.hack//Integral -- A .hack up-to-date information, discussion,
text-based roleplaying, gallery, store, giveaways, and more site!
CRtwenty
Legend

Post by CRtwenty »

I'm thinking that this Kite is more like the stray pieces of Data that live in Net Slum. Remember when we saw all the Tsukasa's in //SIGN? Perhaps the bracelet had a similar effect on Kite, and the leftover data combined into this thing?

It could also be a new form of Cubia.
"Hark he of Fair eyes, I am CRtwenty of the Azure Keyboard!"
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

End of a Shadow wrote:
MeultimaSama wrote:Indeed, if Haseo was 'part of the world', why would Cubia destroy him? Maybe because Cubia acts as a 'Lady of Pain', an arbiter that destroys any disturbances in its realm. Even its own 'subjects' should it be required.
No surprise there since Mourti attacked Aura and friends with her monster in LoTB, and not to mention Morganna and Morganna sending out Skeith to kill Aura.
But, isn't the anime non-canon? *sweatdrop*

Since Morganna is possibly gone, maybe Cubia (Or something) took over as the new Voice of the world...

Or maybe, in some twisted plot twist (Lookie, a tongue-twister!) Aura made that Kite to replace Kite's absence, but it went wrong. Or something. Hey, that reminds me of Megaman Zero...
CRtwenty wrote:I'm thinking that this Kite is more like the stray pieces of Data that live in Net Slum. Remember when we saw all the Tsukasa's in //SIGN? Perhaps the bracelet had a similar effect on Kite, and the leftover data combined into this thing?

It could also be a new form of Cubia.
Regardless if it was a copy, the stitches show that something put it back together.

Funny random thought: What if Mia turned into Endrance?! *Gaspz0rz!*

Mia: What is this? I'm changing! *Cue special effects as Elk watches in surprise*

*Endrance completed*

Endrance: Oh my god, now I remember everything!

Endrance: ....

Endrance: Now that I've got my memories back, there's something I just have to ask you, Elk.

*Long, over-dramatic pause*

Endrance: Why didn't you fill me in, Elk?!

>_> That just screams for a slapstick comedy.
Last edited by MeultimaSama on Wed May 25, 2005 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
End of a Shadow
Player Character

Post by End of a Shadow »

MeultimaSama wrote:Funny random thought: What if Mia turned into Endrance?! *Gaspz0rz!*
No surpirse, since there is a cat on Endrance's shoulder

.hack//Integral -- A .hack up-to-date information, discussion,
text-based roleplaying, gallery, store, giveaways, and more site!
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

End of a Shadow wrote:
MeultimaSama wrote:Funny random thought: What if Mia turned into Endrance?! *Gaspz0rz!*
No surpirse, since there is a cat on Endrance's shoulder

I did point that out in a previous post. ^_^
CRtwenty
Legend

Post by CRtwenty »

Hmmm... well it seems pretty obvious that Haseo is a former PC... it looks like Atoli was one too as there are a lot of scenes between Haseo and Atoli during the trailer.

Anyway, the Phases aren't necessarily evil or destructive forces. The original Phases were just AI's that were subservient to Morganna, the fact that she chose to use them for destructive purposes doesn't mean the Phases themselves were evil. Just that they were loyal to Morganna.

Perhaps Aura decided to reawaken the Phases in a New Form to fight against whatever the heck this Kite is? And who better to give the power to then newly created Wandering A.I.'s who have a grudge against him? (AKA Data-Drained Players).
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Just a reminder! Today is supposedly the last day that the current .hack website will be available! Although something I noticed....it's called "Altimit Mine Os"....is this yet another Altimit creation? I think that around the beginning (or end) or quarantine they annouced Altimit 2010 or something like that...
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

I think that around the beginning (or end) or quarantine they annouced Altimit 2010 or something like that...
That is correct, although it was about half way through the games I believe. Perhaps CC Corp. merged with another corporation and created a joint OS. Didn't the game also mention an alternate OS called Starfire or something like that? And isn't GU supposed to be about 7 or so years after the last Twilight anyway.

Something else I noticed:
dothack.com wrote:This is a completely new title in the series, where the characters and story are original.
Is the any chance that //GU may be an alternate universe series? I know it sounds silly but this is CC2 after all.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Xeno wrote:Is the any chance that //GU may be an alternate universe series? I know it sounds silly but this is CC2 after all.
You know, I was actually thinking about that. Like, maybe Kite just appears that way to the phases....like, some kind of immense terror. But then again, it's 7 years after, and the phases were called on one by one, so none would be able to come in cotact with the others...still, an AU is always a possiblilty.
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

They did say "Seven years after the events of the last games"...

Although I think Ududen was an A.U. from this.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

MeultimaSama wrote:They did say "Seven years after the events of the last games"...

Although I think Ududen was an A.U. from this.
Twilight Bracelet was a sequel series to the games; but it appears that G.U. will be an alternate storyline to the games, but no so much a sequel or alternate universe.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
CRtwenty
Legend

Post by CRtwenty »

In regards to Udeden

The Manga is Canon, the Anime is not...

So we may see Zefie in //GU, but not Moruti.
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

Anyhow, G.U. also stands for Grow Up? ROFL...

Apparently we should refer to Unknown Kite as Tri-Edge now... But that should have been apparent from the dialogue "Is that...Tri-Edge?" in the screen with Tri-Edge.

Haseo's title as the ToD is just a nickname? Hmm... But that still doesn't explain the final flashes of the trailer where he appears to be engulfed by data and turns into Skeith...
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Tri-Edge? Maybe he's just referring to his blades? I dunno, it just seems weird that the flow of names goes from:

Kite------>Shugo-------->Tri-Edge

I know, I know, they aren't the same person, so they should be different...but...I don't know :P
CRtwenty
Legend

Post by CRtwenty »

Well he does use three bladed Twin Blades... so Tri-Edge makes sense. Even if it is a little lame imo.