Forshadowing?

.hack//G.U. discussion. No spoilers!
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Forshadowing?

Post by thedudewhosadude »

I've recently been hanging around the GameFAQ //G.U. board (bad idea; they're all religiously stubborn in their theories) and some things that they posted made some vague sense. For example, take out your .hack//LotT manga. Any volume. Flip to the end of the book, and take a look at the extra scene. It is the "Super-hot game version". People have been posting that the Kite shown here is "EXACTLY like the //G.U. Kite" Personally, I don't see the relation...all the characters in the extra are drawn differently, and I think it's just by chance that Kite happens to look like his Alt. Self.

Also, turn to that in the 3rd manga. Notice in the last bottom left panel, you can see the word "GU_!" I'm not quite sure what after the "U" is though...so, people have been claiming that this was some sort of forshadowing. Personally, I thought that it was the sound of Balmung screaming O.o. Regardless, converse!
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
End of a Shadow
Player Character

Post by End of a Shadow »

Definitly not, there's no preciese W shaped icon on his hat, its still his original U with the dot. He doesn't have the 3 belts around his neck, its only one. The wrong eye, his left eye is the one that is only visible. There are no staples on his clothing.
.hack//Integral -- A .hack up-to-date information, discussion,
text-based roleplaying, gallery, store, giveaways, and more site!
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

I don't go to the G.U. board, because the people there are fairly unfriendly with their theories...

I think the best topic was on the Anime and Manga board when DRCEQ first discovered it... *shrugs*

However, I agree with End of a Shadow, it really doesn't look like they were foreshadowing, so much as they possibly had an idea...
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

That's what I was thinking! I mean, I thought that the whole plan for Project .hack was to "end" with //LotT (even though "The World doesn't need an end!") The only thing I still can't shake though (despite how ridiculous and how far of a stretch it is) is the GU....I know that it means something else (hence the last symbol) but I'm not sure of just what. Maybe like a "Gackt! Gah! Guh!" kinda shout..thing..
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

Oh dear...not Gackt...that would be bad...

But yeah, you've got a good point there...I thought it was more of a "Guh!" thing too, come to think of it...
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

that "GUH" kinda startles me tho ^^;; it looks like "GU e" (e from the "he" japanese hiragana, which means "to"), so for me it looks like "to GU"

I checked the Japanese version, it's not translated, it's written exactly like that.

not to be stubborn, but it does make sense somehow ^^;; who knows if that dark Kite story is how Kite's data got transformed to GU Kite? =b Kite doesnt necessarily have be online if his PC got taken over by ... what? Cubia =/
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

Regardless of what you may think, GameFAQs does have good boards with intelligent people and discussions.

About 0.02% of the game boards make up that category, so...Yeah.

>_>
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

if it's not e from hiragana, what do you suppose it may be? =/ I think it makes more sense than just some random doodles. Even tho the writing in that page is a bit wrecked, all the characters there still makes perfect readable Japanese (in the original manga)

Or do I have to scan all three original Japanese pages to make you believe?? >_>;;;

To think that .hack was planned to end with UdeDen does make sense, but remember that at the time UdeDen ended, they are still making the novels. This must be based on the thought that .hack is still profitable,

If that Dark Kite series is part of .hack, this means GU is already planned before the first UdeDen manga was out as tankoubon. That's practically 6 months after .hack started lol. Or maybe it works the other way round? Maybe that Dark Kite was what inspired GU, as the name GU didnt come out until the end of UdeDen 3.

We're not even sure if GU will take place in the same world with the original .hack titles =/ Was that info in the other thread "seven years after quarantine" translated from the interview or self-counted from the year 2017?
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Brad_Evans wrote:We're not even sure if GU will take place in the same world with the original .hack titles =/ Was that info in the other thread "seven years after quarantine" translated from the interview or self-counted from the year 2017?
this was my original thought as well, I figured it might be an alternate universe series. but now, I don't know, with something as complex as .hack I just don't see them not tying it in to the rest of the series. However, If it has anything to do with the dark Kite inserts in the mangas, then I don't think we'll be seeing much of Balmung in this one.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
Neo
Lowbie

Post by Neo »

I watched the trailer on the .hack website. I could be wrong, but I think the dark Kite was wearing the Twilight Bracelet. I'm not sure about that-the picture quality wasn't too good-but I know there was some very large band on his arm and it looked like it had writing on it, so it wasn't just part of his shirt...although I'm not sure.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Nope, sorry, it isn't :/ I don't mean to sound blunt like that, but trust me, it isn't. I had to watch that trailer 2,048,623,024 times just to take down notes on the way he looked for my cosplay. However, the ends of his gloves (which stretch to about halfway between his elbow and wrist) end in a large round...bolt, is the best way to say it. I'm assuming that by Twilight Bracelet you're referring to the one that can actually be seen (i.e. the one that Shugo had) If you mean Kite's bracelet, well then, there really isn't any way to tell. I don't think that he has it though, as he doesn't have the smaller "ring" of the data drain that seems to be Kite's bracelet. What I'm talking about is the same thing that glowed when Mia touched it. This new Kite has Data Drain, but that doesn't mean that he has the bracelet. Note that the Data Drain he uses is also red and not green.
Neo
Lowbie

Post by Neo »

Oh. Well then thats a pretty weird looking glove bolt. It has a glowing strip on it. although ur right, especially since i noticed watching it again that he has that same bolt on both arms.

anyone have any idea who that guy who says "Welcome...to "The World"" is? I think i've seen him before, but i can't remember where.

also, question: Does "P.K." stand for "Player Killer" or "Player Killing? Cause that would clarify what it says in the trailer a little more- whether "it" saw a player killer, or saw a player killer in the act of killing another player.
jinthemaster
Lowbie

Post by jinthemaster »

well, P.K. means player killer but, when you add a "ing" = P.K.ing its player killing. If I'm wrong please correct, but thats how I saw other people using the phrase.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Neo wrote: anyone have any idea who that guy who says "Welcome...to "The World"" is? I think i've seen him before, but i can't remember where.

also, question: Does "P.K." stand for "Player Killer" or "Player Killing? Cause that would clarify what it says in the trailer a little more- whether "it" saw a player killer, or saw a player killer in the act of killing another player.
His name is Ovan (The Rebirth).
[spoiler]He may or may not be a reincarnation of the final phase from the first four games, Corbenic.[/spoiler] Other than thatm little is known about him, or any of the other characters for that matter, at this time.

Yes PK stands for player killer, however your question is hard to answer right now. We don't what or who they are refering to when they say "it." It could be Haseo, it could the Dark Kite, or another Aura-like AI. [spoiler]We know from the trailer that Haseo is a Player Killer. So "it" could refer to something that possesses or alters his data, perhaps giving him the data drain ability. Then, its possible that Dark Kite's purpose is like Cubia, to hunt down anomalies in the system. But thats really just a rehash of the first four games, and that would suck. Anyway, this is all just speculation, I don't expect that we'll get much more information until the Tokyo Game Show in September, if at all then.[/spoiler]
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
Neo
Lowbie

Post by Neo »

i was assuming it was the dark kite. the reason i ask is because the trialer seems to show the other main charecter besides dark kite (i forget his name) getting killed by the same guy who gets killed by the dark kite. so did the dark kite (if he is in fact AIDA) see the other protagonist being killed, or did he simply see a player killer (if the latter, it would be that sacred zone scene, i guess).

Another thing: they call Haseo "The Terror of Death" in the trailer. Didn't Skeith also carry that title?