Release dates and TGS info!

.hack//G.U. discussion. No spoilers!
Xeno
Player Character

Release dates and TGS info!

Post by Xeno »

According to Anime News Network, .hack//GU Vol. 1 will be released in the United States on November 14, 2005.

:shock: , this is much sooner than I expected.

Also announced at the Tokyo Game Show, the game will be able to use save files from the first four .hack games. CC2 is keeping a lid on this feature right now but they say players with a data flag for .hack//QUARANTINE, for instance, will be able to get something really cool at some point in the game.

Nice, makes me wish I had beat //QUARANTINE and kept the save file... :cry:

On a side note, CC2 was showing some new trailers for //GU at TGS this week. //GU is, in fact, set 7 years after //QUARANTINE. Apparently The World is in a slump, having been bombarded with Player Killers.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

this makes me wish i had gotten the other 3 .hack games...
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Damn! You beat me to it! Anyway, I guess I can add what I learned:

-The main .hack site ( http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/ ) has been updated. A new section called "Legend of .hack" is available. It contains summaries (I assume) for each part of the .hack saga.

-The english .hack site has changed as well (www.dothack.com) It now branches off to either site.

-Vol.1 seems to be called "Resurrection"

-You seem to be able to play in both the real and virtual world, although that might also just mean the same thing like the original .hack games.

-Confirmed start date is 2017.

-New Trailer available; my write-up will follow shortly.

-New screenshots.

-"The World" icon on the G.U. site still stays a mystery :/
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Makes me wish I never put in that demo disk that completely erased my memory card, and then prolonged replaying the games, and then letting my friend borrow all four who then moved away in the middle of the summer without returning my games.

While we're all, you know, making wishes and all.

Anyway, looking forward to GU. Hope it doesn't dissapoint.
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

xeno wrote:According to Anime News Network, .hack//GU Vol. 1 will be released in the United States on November 14, 2005.
Just to let u know, IGN made a mistake with the original release date. The actual release date will be sometime in 2006 in both America and Japan. Best expect it to come out first quarter 2006.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Xhacker wrote:Just to let u know, IGN made a mistake with the original release date. The actual release date will be sometime in 2006 in both America and Japan. Best expect it to come out first quarter 2006.
Ah, I thought it was a little early. Blast you IGN for getting my hopes up and all.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
kiyte
Lowbie

Post by kiyte »

Well, not to be all.. I dunno what people call it, but "Better late than never" Am I right? At least we're getting it. >< I still need game four, so I'm not too concerned. Not to mention, with the date later, I have time to save for the anime con (in Sept) and then for the game. ^^
HEY! This rock is shiny... *beds down to pick it up* It must have some importance on our quest... *Stands* ONWARD! *walks ahead and out of the reach of a blade*

*looks around* RP? Hullo? Anyone? C'mon! A RP, guys, that's all I ask!
Tsunami the Silver Dragon
Player Character

Post by Tsunami the Silver Dragon »

The trailer is very impressive now.

Still, that's twice this month that something I've been looking forward to has had the date changed on when it comes out.

If anyone's curious the first was the delay of Advent Children (Still ticks me off).
"For all the Dreamers out there, our planet's dream isn't over yet."

"Jill, this is for you."
kiyte
Lowbie

Post by kiyte »

Heh. We're watching that in anime club at school. XD. A/C rocks.. But I won't say more cause this IS a .hack forum.. Anyways, yea..
HEY! This rock is shiny... *beds down to pick it up* It must have some importance on our quest... *Stands* ONWARD! *walks ahead and out of the reach of a blade*

Neo
Lowbie

Post by Neo »

wait. if its called ressurection, then is it the name .hack//ressurection or .hack//G.U.? or is it something like .hack//G.U: Ressurection?
kiyte
Lowbie

Post by kiyte »

it's .hack//GU: Resurrection.. I think. >< Oh dear, I find that I am falling behind. AUGH! Those stupid faces appear in my typing! It's like... A SECOND LANGAUGE! *dies* And I can't spell.

Neo
Lowbie

Post by Neo »

i seriously wish that trailer wasn't in japanese!

anyway, i think tri-edge might not refer to the dark kite. it seemed like it, because of his 3-ended swords, but in the trailer they aren't. i think tri-edge is the player killer who is data drained by the dark kite. it makes sense because tri-edge sounds like a player-killer kind of name, and also-he uses 3 weapons. those twin swords, that halberd-like thing and the big chiansaw thing.

by the way, shouldn't there be a thread to discuss plot theories or something?
kiyte
Lowbie

Post by kiyte »

Sou ka? Well, you've put thought into this, eh? Well, we all have (or so i think) ANyways, that's a good theory. hai. But perhaps, Tri-edge... Well, I haven't seen the new trailer, I've been way busy with stuff so before I say anythign I should go watch it.

Neo
Lowbie

Post by Neo »

[edit by Elk - "Please post in the right topic."]
terracannon876

8 characters.....

Post by terracannon876 »

It's been so long since I've played the other .hack games, but when I saw "The Prophet," my jaw dropped to the floor...it's really hard to forget a cardboard elephant-thingy that...*incoherently curses* anyways, then i checked out some other pages...The Temptress, the Mirage of Deceit, the Avenger, etc etc...as I've said, I'm shaky on my .hack trivia, but aren't those the forms of the wave?

PS: not sure if this counts as spoiler, so I'll just say that you'll have to find out who has the names for yourselves? <_<