Concern with the new series...

.hack//G.U. discussion. No spoilers!
Kotetsu
Player Character

Concern with the new series...

Post by Kotetsu »

Please tell me we will see grunties T_T. Can anyone confirm puchigusos in the new g.u. games? I can live without monsiuer and grandpa...but I'de really like to see Gruntys and the Ziet Dungeon Race make a comeback xD.
I am going to live forever or die tryying.
-John Yossarian
you know...cheese soup
Lowbie

Post by you know...cheese soup »

I haven't heard anything about grunties or the Zeit Statues...and i wouldn't really miss Grandpa or Monsiuer(<however you spell it) either. The only good thing about grunties was the help they provided in the field and the prizes from racing...well I guess i would miss them then. Just keep checking for updates at dothackers.net
Kotetsu
Player Character

Post by Kotetsu »

If They don't have grunties, at least some kind of pet-sim would be good enough. I just want me some cordyceps and white cherrys....

Well, on the plus I was checking the trailer and they do have Gott Statues...but they look really creepy. And I think it should be said that if you watch the trailer(Hi-Res 5 minute one on the dothackers media page) really slow like, theres a monster that looks like skeith with blades coming out of his legs for a few frames at the end. =B.
-John Yossarian
you know...cheese soup
Lowbie

It would be awesome if Skeith came back! But i don't think it's very likely...and speaking of grunty food, i like twilight onions a lot. That may be because i eat onions like apples in real life (aren't they good?!)
And sadly...my computer is just going down the drain--I can't watch or hear anything on it.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

For all we know they may come out with "darker looking" Puchigusos 9_9;

I mean, with what they're doing with GU and all... I wouldn't be surprised.
you know...cheese soup
Lowbie

Yeah, haha maybe they'll all be Bony Grunties. Well, not really...they were my favorite, though. I see what you mean anyhow (even the chaos gates look darker). Everythink looks darker. Things change after they've gained a lot of recognition, and the sequel is (usually) never as good as the original. Or if you did it all at the same time like Peter Jackson did with the Lord of the Rings.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Kotetsu wrote:If They don't have grunties, at least some kind of pet-sim would be good enough. I just want me some cordyceps and white cherrys....

Well, on the plus I was checking the trailer and they do have Gott Statues...but they look really creepy. And I think it should be said that if you watch the trailer(Hi-Res 5 minute one on the dothackers media page) really slow like, theres a monster that looks like skeith with blades coming out of his legs for a few frames at the end. =B.
[spoiler]Yeah, it looks alot like Skieth there, It would appear that Haseo either transforms into skieth or summons skieth onto the field. Right before we see the shot of him Haseo screams "SKIETH!!!."[/spoiler] Anyway, I haven't seen any screens with involving grunties pop up yet. I would imagine that they'll be around in some form or another, Grunties are kinda like "The World's" trademark characters.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
you know...cheese soup
Lowbie

YES!!!
Kotetsu
Player Character

Post by Kotetsu »

Xeno wrote:
Kotetsu wrote:If They don't have grunties, at least some kind of pet-sim would be good enough. I just want me some cordyceps and white cherrys....

[spoiler]Yeah, it looks alot like Skieth there, It would appear that Haseo either transforms into skieth or summons skieth onto the field. Right before we see the shot of him Haseo screams "SKIETH!!!."[/spoiler] Anyway, I haven't seen any screens with involving grunties pop up yet. I would imagine that they'll be around in some form or another, Grunties are kinda like "The World's" trademark characters.
Hahaha xD I just saw that trailer and was on my way to post. Thanks for beating me to the punch =P. Oooh, I really wanna play this game =3...after I finish the item completion quest from Quarentine. Only 47 more items ^^;;
-John Yossarian
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

/omg you're still doing that quest? XD;; just for the sake of completetion? Xb

good luck tho, the last ones are always the hardest, no? ^^;
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

Kotetsu wrote:And I think it should be said that if you watch the trailer(Hi-Res 5 minute one on the dothackers media page) really slow like, theres a monster that looks like skeith with blades coming out of his legs for a few frames at the end. =B.
Looks like Skeith? It should. That IS Skeith. Only with a new, souped-up redesign minus red staff.

I mean, come on. Even without the translated subtitles, how could it possibly cross your mind that the thing there is NOT Skeith? The only way they could plausibly pull that off is that thing being Skeith Mk 2...Wait...