Tri-Edge's bracelet

.hack//G.U. discussion. No spoilers!
Elexorien

Tri-Edge's bracelet

Post by Elexorien »

Is it the same as Kite's? Even though its red instead of the blueish color Kite's was. It looks a lot like Kite's just more corrupted. Does anyone know why its like that or how Tri-Edge has a bracelet? Is he a data bug or something?
you know...cheese soup
Lowbie

Post by you know...cheese soup »

He could be a copy from one of the times Kite fought Cubia for all we know...but nobody really knows for sure.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

It would appear that Tri-edge is merely remnants of data left over from the Kite and that has been compiled into NPC (his function appears to be the same as that of Cubia, track down and destroy anomalies that threaten the system... I really don't think that there is an actual person controlling him).
He could have been created by Aura for all we know. As for the Bracelet, I'm sure its different. Even Shugo's bracelet was different from Kite's after all.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
Elexorien

Post by Elexorien »

Xeno wrote:It would appear that Tri-edge is merely remnants of data left over from the Kite and that has been compiled into NPC (his function appears to be the same as that of Cubia, track down and destroy anomalies that threaten the system... I really don't think that there is an actual person controlling him).
He could have been created by Aura for all we know. As for the Bracelet, I'm sure its different. Even Shugo's bracelet was different from Kite's after all.
But if his's function is to destroy anomalies, why would he go after Haseo?
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Remember the wandering A.I.'s? They were fragments of data that took on lives/personalities of their own. I believe this is the same with Tri-Edge.
Tri-Edge could be a fragment of Kite's PC that has corrupted, but kept the feeling of the old player (As I believe Tsukasa or Subaru once said that the character models adapt certain traits of the player). It could be that along with the corruption (probably caused by the C.C. fire to the main building & database) Kite's feelings to protect The World were all copied into this new The World to protect.. But much like Kamui, this protection could also be enteurprated(sp?) as destruction.

With the number of characters turning into PK, the world seems to be corrupting itself with many turning against eachother, almost as if everyone is a danger to eachother.
I believe that this new corrupt Kite formed from old mangled data is attempting to protect this new The World as he did in the old, but is confused & attacking those he sees as a threat.

The same could be said about his bracelet.. it's just corrupt copied data.

I appologize but this all is just a theory, of course.^^;;
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
Nesaru

Look at the bracelet carefully.

Post by Nesaru »

I'm not sure if any one has realized or not, but if you look carefully in one area on the bracelet (obviously during the Data-Drain sequence), you'll notice that a piece is missing. Maybe the missing piece is the reason why the bracelet is corrupted?
I keep pressing the escape key, but I'm still here!
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Elexorien wrote:
Xeno wrote:It would appear that Tri-edge is merely remnants of data left over from the Kite and that has been compiled into NPC (his function appears to be the same as that of Cubia, track down and destroy anomalies that threaten the system... I really don't think that there is an actual person controlling him).
Well, it could be that Haseo has some type of imprint of Skieth in his character data. I don't think the bracelet caused him to transform into Skieth, I think it was a reaction to Data Drain, maybe he new he was going to die so he subconciously activated the program that would cause the transformation (Its also possible that the trailer was cut in a way to throw us off. The DD sequence and the transformation sequence may very well be two seperate scenes). Also, this explains the "Tri Edge is like Cubia" theory. As it stands now, I believe that Tri Edge was hunting Haseo because he had parts of Skieth's data imprinted with his own. Of course these are all my personal opinions which will change as more information crosses the pond.

Anyway, until we know more, just about any theory we come up with will hold up. As Elk-san stated, the world is corrupted now and is overrun with PKs. I'm sure this will play a major role in the story as well.
Elexorien

Post by Elexorien »

Xeno wrote:
Elexorien wrote:
Well, it could be that Haseo has some type of imprint of Skieth in his character data. I don't think the bracelet caused him to transform into Skieth, I think it was a reaction to Data Drain, maybe he new he was going to die so he subconciously activated the program that would cause the transformation (Its also possible that the trailer was cut in a way to throw us off. The DD sequence and the transformation sequence may very well be two seperate scenes). Also, this explains the "Tri Edge is like Cubia" theory. As it stands now, I believe that Tri Edge was hunting Haseo because he had parts of Skieth's data imprinted with his own. Of course these are all my personal opinions which will change as more information crosses the pond.

Anyway, until we know more, just about any theory we come up with will hold up. As Elk-san stated, the world is corrupted now and is overrun with PKs. I'm sure this will play a major role in the story as well.
Now you got me wondering how Haseo even got Skeith's data...
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

As I stated in my theory above, Kite's PC data is all screwed up.. It could be that along with data draining Haseo, he installed Skieth's data, since it was still in there, or so I would believe.
Elexorien

Post by Elexorien »

Elk wrote:As I stated in my theory above, Kite's PC data is all screwed up.. It could be that along with data draining Haseo, he installed Skieth's data, since it was still in there, or so I would believe.
Is that why the other people have the titles of the other phases too?
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

It could be.. but do we know if those people have been data drained aswell?
Elexorien

Post by Elexorien »

Elk wrote:It could be.. but do we know if those people have been data drained aswell?
I wish I did
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Elk wrote:It could be.. but do we know if those people have been data drained aswell?
No, There's no evidence of that right now and its hard to tell the order of events just by watching trailer. According the information we have about //ROOTS, Haseo will deal with Ovan (who carries the same title as Corbenic, right?) at some point, maybe as an ally, maybe not. For all we know, these guys may even work for CC Corp. as debuggers or PK hunters. Perhaps the world has evolved so much with Aura at its helm that it is no longer possible to delete a character from outside the game world.

Something is definately up with Haseo. Most of yall have already noticed that he wears two different types of armor in the trailers, his standard character armor and then theres that black, gothic looking armor he has. It would seem that his personality changes depending on what armor he has equipped as well. When we see him in the gothic looking armor he acts like a bad arse, usually attacking/killing something or someone. When he is in his standard form he appears to be an innocent PC with a newbie like quality about him.

Something has obviously changed him, He is wearing the gothic armor when he is Data Drained by Tri-Edge and the PKs he kills refer to him as the "Terror of Death" before he kills them. So whatever it was happened before all that. Perhaps this is what //ROOTS will cover.
I have a feeling that he will prove to be a much deeper character than Kite, Shugo, and even Tsukasa all together.
Lunarcloud_88
Player Character

Post by Lunarcloud_88 »

possibly, a wandering AI of kite, still retains the memories of fighting charaters with the qualities that our heroes will posess?
Every second of every day, one is a different
person. Even if just slightly. One can only hope
that the changes, even if minute, are for the
better.
jarode
Lowbie

i am the alpha nerd

Post by jarode »

ok first of all cubia was the other half of the bracelet so he ovisly cant be and use the braclet at the same time plus some one would have had to used the braclet to creat him in the first place and kite is the only one with the brace let
secontly the crack on the bracelet is from the 4th game when black rose destroied it to defeat cubia the secont to last boss.
my thery of the new game is just a balancing act of the world the 8 phases are now the good guys thus (the teror of death) and Kite being evil. sence the end of the 4th game aura became the core of the world if you recall aura was made to abzorb the good emotions of the players and the 8 phases were made to abzorb the negitive emotins but aura feused with the 8th phase and became the the ultamit AI.
now that the history lesson is over, with all of the PK in the world now aura is abzorbed two much negitive and thus she created the (kite)triblade chariter as her way of balanciny her world tri blade thinks hes doing the right theing.
just rember this is only my thiry....and please ignor any spelling errors

P.S.
by the way the fith phase was mia so who is the fith phase in the new game