.hack//ROOTS Episode Summaries (Indefinite Hiatus)

.hack//G.U. discussion. No spoilers!
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

:shock: aaawww man,i need that review to know what i saw in that episode! WAAAAA! *clears throat* ahem! you didnt see that.......
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Ugh! I fell so far behind here! Thanks AP tests ._. Anyway, this is going to be a DUAL update! Both Episode Three and Four! As of right now, I have both the summaries and screenshots taken, so it's all a matter of uploading the caps, and mixing them into the summary! Check back later tonight--once I post it, the title of the topic will change to Episode04-Fore Feel
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

ah.......yess,finally! i've been waiting for this for a long time! thaaaaannnnk yooouuuuu! yes.

8) kiruku 8)
thedudewhosadude
Legend

This episode starts with Ender talking to Tawaraya in the TaN home. Apparently, a new rumor arose on the BBS, regarding Haseo, the Black Multi-Weapon. Tawaraya goes out to investigate.

Episode 03 - Join

Now we see Haseo fighting, once again that weird-purple-carrot thingie. There are actually multiple enemies this time, but no matter what they are, they can't stand up to Haseo. As Haseo fights, he flashes back to his first meetings with Shino and Ovan. Finally, Haseo kills the last enemy. Haseo then notices that he isn't alone as three other players approach him menacingly.

Elsewhere, the current members of the Twilight Brigade are in some sort of meeting/gathering. Naturally, Tabby is bothering the hell out of Sakisaka Shino's talking with Ovan about if it's alright to "just leave" Haseo as he is. Ovan insists that in time the situation will change.

Back with Haseo, we now see the menacing party on their knees, asking Haseo to join them. They want "The Legendary Black Multi-Weapon Haseo" to protect them from everyone else. Haseo runs out, somewhat creeped out by them. However, things outside aren't any better, as two players are seaching for "The Black Multi-Weapon of Charm, Haseo!" Upon more inspecting, they find nothing interesting about him, and are about to PK him when Tawaraya steps in.

Somewhere else, Haseo and Tawaraya are talking. Tawaraya updates Haseo, telling him about the rumors posted on the BBS about him. However, one the rumors that he quotes is rather interesting: "An artificial intelligence character without a player." Mia anyone? Tawaraya believes that Ovan started the rumors for one reason or another. Tawaraya wants to do a deal, where they'll trade information about the Twilight Brigade and Ovan. The thing is though, not even Haseo knows anything about Ovan, leaving Tawaraya rather surprised.

On this odd grassy knoll that just EXISTS somewhere, Ovan is talking to Tabby. He makes a rather long metaphore to Haseo in Gardenia style: flowers. Upon Tabby asking him what his favorite color flower is, he replies black.

Back at TaN home, Tawaraya is talking with Ender, upset with his results. They aren't sure why Ovan's interested in Haseo, but so long as Ovan is, they must be as well.

Back in root town, Haseo's just chilling out. Naturally, Tabby comes along and screws things up for him. Haseo really doesn't want anything to do with her, so he walks away. She follows him though, nagging. Eventually he asks her exactly why she's following him, and she presents him with a card This card is a guest key. A guest key will permit Haseo into the home of the guild that the key belongs to. Haseo leaves her, without answering when he'll come. Tabby follows him, still asking when. Haseo suggests that she closes her eyes, but Tabby's just TOO SHARP! She knows that when she does, he'll run away! So then, Tabby decides to do the opposite! "I"LL NEVER CLOSE MY EYES!" she says. But Tabby's actually pretty damn stupid, and is doing it in the real world as well. She can't keep up with all the colors, and gives up. She explains her situation to Haseo, who answers by logging out.

EYECATCH GET!

Haseo's on his normal bridge, pondering what he should do. Suddenly, the entire area goes totally wonky. However, Haseo can see one person: Ovan. He's walking towards an alleyway. Haseo chases him, and turns into the alleyway, just as everything reverts to normal. Tawaraya is in Ovan's place, surprised that Haseo's there Tawaraya asks if Haseo has any new information, but he obviously doesn't Then Tawaraya gives Haseo the guest key to TaN with somewhat of a threat to his voice.

Back at the Twilight Brigade home, Tabby's bothering Sakisaka, asking him if she's annoying like Haseo said. Meanwhile, Shino and Ovan are at the only piece of furniture in Home, the Grunty Food Tree. Shino's worried that Haseo might join the wrong side, but Ovan insists that everything was decided from the start.

Meanwhile, Haseo is pondering, on this grassy knoll that just EXISTS, what to do. He has two Guest Cards, but he can't commit to both. Symbolically, a cloud passes by with the TaN card. When it passes over, Shino's sitting behind Haseo. He asks her what shes doing, and she says that she isn't doing anything. Personally, I think she was sitting there to PK him if he chose TaN. In the end, Haseo throws away the TaN card and enters the Twilight Brigade. Legato--er, Ovan, is happy.
Last edited by thedudewhosadude on Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

..well, i guess that was an O.K. partial review...i guess,but i didnt know that tabby had a thing for sakisaka,judging by the pics.

:oops: kiruku :oops:

EDIT: MAN the reviews here r a wee bit slow!!!
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Funny kiruku, I don't seem to remember you paying me for my summaries?

Bottom Line: I do these summaries at my leisure. Originally, I wanted to be the fastest and first, but really, I haven't seen anyone else. I have to prioritize things, and anime reviews are near the bottom. Besides, I do this because I WANT to, because I want to contribute to this community. Now, if this was my job, or if I was getting paid, then they'd be here instantly.

But I'm not. SO, they will be posted as time permits. As of right now, I'll probably release episode 4 tomorrow, and type up 5 between Wednesday-Friday. Then, I'll take apart 6 on Saturday, and have them both posted by Sunday, making a clean sweep.

Again though, I do these at my leisure. I like to make expedient releases, but sometimes the cards just don't fall into my favor.

Episode 04- Fore Feel - Post 5/10/06
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Dude, make no promises... if anyone asks just say "Soon." You owe nothing to anyone... However, I appreciate the time you take to do this. :)
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

True, if I was vague, that would be better of an excuse.

Well! Now that AP tests are done and over (thank God!) I'll try to have episodes out the weekend they air.

In Mac Anu, Phyllo is on a roof, watching people. He sees Sakisaka and Tabby, and Haseo Phyllo wonders what "role" Haseo will be playing.

Episode 04 - Fore Feel

Back at Twilight Brigade home, we see the home-grunty being punted into the air, again. Apparantly Sakisaka just can't help himself. Sakisaka asks both Tabby and Haseo why they joined the Twilight Brigade. They both joined simply because they were invited. Tabby asks Sakisaka why he joined, but he's unable to come up with an answer. Tabby thinks that he likes Shino.

At Phyllo's bridge, B-set (previously known as Reset) is talking to Phyllo. (Is that Ouka? :P) She tells Phyllo that Haseo joined the Twilight Brigade (which he probably already knew) and he asks her if she wants to go back. She insists though that she's glad that she quit. She reveals that neither she nor Gord (the previously unnamed 2nd ex-member of Twilight Brigade) were invited to the Twilight Brigade. B-set says that it upsets her, and admits to being a little jealous of Haseo. Phyllo knows that there's something that B-set wants to talk about, since apparantly she doesn't leave the "alchemy area" very often. B-set finally ask Phyllo if he's noticed a recent increase in bug activity.

Once again back at Twilight Bridage home, Tabby is playing with the home-grunty. GodDAMN is that thing ugly! Sakisaka informs Tabby that they're ready to leave, but Haseo already left, following Ovan's call. Sakisaka and Tabby leave anyway.

Ovan and Shino are standing at the Aruke Kerun waterfall. (Slowly becoming stock footage XD) Shino mentions that a rumor was spread rather quickly, but Ovan is sure that it will dissipate in a while. Shino asks if it's okay to bring Haseo to "that place" and Ovan is okay with it. Haseo gates in, not too sure why he was called ahead. Haseo asks, and Ovan presents him with an item. Ovan simply refers to it as a "special item" and Haseo takes it.

Back at TaN home, Tawaraya is furious. At this point, I'm really not going to type "Ender and Tawaraya talk about why Ovan is interested in Haseo," (even though I just did) because that's all. Really, that's all that seems to go on between Ender and Tawaraya. In the end, like normal, they don't come to a conclusion. After Tawaraya leaves, Naobi appears and tells Ender not to take her eyes off the Twilight Brigade.

At some remote area Tawaraya is ordering people around.

Back at Aruke Kerun waterfall, the entire Twilight Brigade is gathered. Apparantly, they want to investigate a new rumor. Before they can do that though, Tabby and Sakisaka are asked to go level up. Haseo asks what he'll be doing, and Shino says that he's coming with her.

EYECATCH GET!

Ahh yes, and so //SIGN seeps back into .hack anime...Haseo and Shino find themselves at a rather haunting looking citadel. Shino opens the door, providing a picture that will most likely be used in some 2470892435-odd wallpapers. Inside, we see...Aura? Nope, her statue is no more. Shino tells Haseo that long ago, there used to be a girl's statue there. Supposedly, her name was Aura. What absurd speculations! Shino doesn't know why the statue is gone now, but thinks that maybe Aura "used up all of her sociability in this world." Haseo asks why this area exists, being that it serves little to no purpose. Shino explains to him the concept of "lost ground." (Didn't she do this already?) There are certain areas that cannot be deleted. This, along with the Aruke Kerun Waterfall (and another place that's in //G.U.) are examples of Lost Ground. Ovan takes this time to plug the Twilight Brigade, even though Haseo already joined, saying that the Twilight Brigade exists to find the key of the twilight, which is similar to the untouchable areas.

At some other location, Tawaraya is sitting down. A female PC asks if she can "check" the PC by the door. He grants her permission to do so, but claims that he will not hold responsibility for the results. He says that her reward will be as told by the manual.

Elsewhere, Haseo is getting his ass handed back to him by something. Shino casts Repth on Haseo, and he goes for it again, killing it. The area is far above Haseo's level, but Ovan explains that it's a challenge for him, and will help him to level up.

Back at Mac Anu, B-set's sitting by the fountain, rather bored. Suddenly a hand protrudes from the foutain; behind it, Ender. She questions B-Set on what she knows of the Twilight Brigade, but like with Haseo, she requests to take Ender someplace else. Ender agrees, and B-set leads her to an alley. B-set actually has no information though, making Ender rather cross. Ender leaves, promising that she won't remember B-set on the battle field. B-set collapses.

Elsewhere, Sakisaka and Tabby are taking a break. Gord walks up behind them, and Sakisaka greets him fondly. Tabby doesn't know who he is, but once she hears that he's ex-Twilight Brigade, she jumps right up and introduces herself. Gord asks where Haseo is. Sakisaka asks how Gord knows Haseo, and Gord claims to be his teacher. Gord leaves.

Even elsewhere, Ender is waiting for Tawaraya. Apparently, there's a leak in their system: one of their members is a spy. Tawaraya tells Ender to deal with it.

Back at Twilight Brigade home, Haseo's sitting by the furniture. Sakisaka enters, asking where Ovan and Shino are. Apparently, they left. Sakisaka beings to question Haseo, asking him what he was doing before. Haseo doesn't see it as Sakisaka's business, so he ignores him. Sakisaka's troubled by the fact that Haseo met Gord, yet he refuses to tell him anything about it. Sakisaka is ready to strike Haseo when Shino enters, out of breath. 'Tabby was...PK'd!"
Last edited by thedudewhosadude on Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

:oops: sorry man, guess i got carried away ,wont happen again :D

review: this episode was a shocker! dunno who would wanna PK tabby..

one thing that scares me is that ovan's eyes glow,well at least his glasses
but it still creeps me out. i feel so sorry for that grunty thing!! & about that ouka thing...she really does look like ouka,well her head does...maybe it is the same user using that character type.or not. :?
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

This series is really boring.. does anyone else feel the same way? They suggest such mysterious episode plots, then give you the answers right away...

It's just dull.
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

Elk wrote:This series is really boring.. does anyone else feel the same way? They suggest such mysterious episode plots, then give you the answers right away...

It's just dull.

well,your pretty much right :roll: ....*sigh*...im only watching it cause its //G.U....*sigh*

-kiruku-
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Elk wrote:This series is really boring.. does anyone else feel the same way? They suggest such mysterious episode plots, then give you the answers right away...

It's just dull.
Well, as of right now, I can partially agree with you. The way I see it (as of viewing episode 5) is that they're just taking a rather long, LONG time to introduce all the plot elements. Each episode has maybe a tiny hint of foreshadowing, like B-set mentioning an increase in bugs. Naturally this means we won't see any until episode 26 ._. However, I still have faith that the series can find a way to help itself out.

Although for the time being, I do agree with you--it's very redundant as well. Typing "Tawaraya and Ender talk back at TaN home about the Key of the Twilight, and why they should be interested in it and Haseo" gets to be a tad bit annoying. Each episode already seems to follow a structure. However, with the ending of the 5th episode, things LOOK like they might make a plesant change. That, or we'll just see a half hour of Shino doubting Haseo, and Ovan saying that he's sure Haseo'll come around.

Episode 5 - Distrust, will be finalized by the end of tonight. Posting will be anywhere from 5/13/06-5/15/06
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

Well,we cant expect too much,I mean its only the first 5 episodes. :wink: lets just let sink in for a moment,that mostly everything in "the world" is in.....sorta peace......feel free to completely disagree with me. although i think that things will kick into gear once TRI EDGE shows up,make that if he shows up
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Well, I think it will be more interesting when Haseo actually does something...

[spoiler]Looking at the preview for the next episode, it looks like he'll finally use his second level class, though. That seems like an upside.[/spoiler]
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Distrust is complete; will be posted tommorow

Although just to answer a few questions:

Episode 07 Spoiler
[spoiler]Tri-Edge appears to show up in this episode. The end preview of 06 shows him.[/spoiler]

However, it doesn't seem that [spoiler]Haseo uses his next level. The most he did was this emit this weird aura when he blocked Ender. It made all the crazy-beams go away O.O[/spoiler]

Aaand what I'm posting will actually make sense once I post those episodes XD