Ovan

.hack//G.U. discussion. No spoilers!
Lonecow

Ovan

Post by Lonecow »

I bet Ovan is really Kite. It's 10 years later so he'd be a mature man by then, and Ovans name is "The Rebirth" so he is Kite reborn.

Are there any flaws with this theory?
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

Well. Many ways, really.

One: Their title refers to the Avatar a person can call upon. Ovan has the power of Corbenick hidden inside his PC.

Two: The Terminal Disc.

[spoiler]Ovan is mentioned to be a threat to the stability of The World as well as the players.[/spoiler]
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

I really have my doubts due to the lack of support you have. :\
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
jinthemaster
Lowbie

Post by jinthemaster »

and why would a mature kite still play this game? and pick a name like ovan?
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

jinthemaster wrote:and why would a mature kite still play this game? and pick a name like ovan?
Well, it's very possible that a "mature kite" would still play The World. He was so "involved" in it, that I'd be surprised if he didn't!

Note, however, MeultimaSama, that being a "threat" isn't necessarily a bad thing. [spoiler]Kite was considered a threat to the system, because of Data Drain. However, it was actually the system that was corrupt, not Kite. Actually, any of the "main characters" of the .hack series have been considered threats to the system and players: Tsukasa with the Guardian, Kite with Data Drain, Shugo with Data Drain (again). [/spoiler]
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
kite4ever
Lowbie

Re: Ovan

Post by kite4ever »

Lonecow wrote:I bet Ovan is really Kite. It's 10 years later so he'd be a mature man by then, and Ovans name is "The Rebirth" so he is Kite reborn.
[spoiler]ovan probably isnt kite because there is a copy of kite's data made into one of the azures and ovan (in a scene in vol 2 of GU) he gets azure kites arm but im probably wrong so dont take my word for it :cry: [/spoiler]
Hail the Azure Trio!
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Re: Ovan

Post by Elk »

kite4ever wrote:
Lonecow wrote:I bet Ovan is really Kite. It's 10 years later so he'd be a mature man by then, and Ovans name is "The Rebirth" so he is Kite reborn.
[spoiler]ovan probably isnt kite because there is a copy of kite's data made into one of the azures and ovan (in a scene in vol 2 of GU) he gets azure kites arm but im probably wrong so dont take my word for it :cry: [/spoiler]
Well, in theory, the azure Kite in G.U. isn't actually Kite... like other characters in The World, he could have just made a new account and a new character.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
kite4ever
Lowbie

Post by kite4ever »

well ovan is so mysterious but i bet you'll find out in vol. 3
Hail the Azure Trio!
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

Oh yeah!
[spoiler]thats right, right, I forgot!Azure kite and tri edge are two different people! but my question why does ovan have to take the shape of kite when he sends someone in a coma? why cant he just use is AIDA arm?[/spoiler]

I dunno About the whole "kite logging back on to the world" thing. Sure he was involved but...meh who am I kidding. he probably made a new avatar, but decided to keep a low-profile.

-kiruku-