Figurine

.hack//G.U. discussion. No spoilers!
.hack//BICCY

Figurine

Post by .hack//BICCY »

Hi, guys. I just joined to ask about this.

I just preordered the first game at GameStop, and the guy mentioned an exclusive figure coming with it. Does anyone know what it is?
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Really? This is quite something...I'll go check it out tommorow, but I haven't heard a thing of such a promotion yet! Keep us updated if you find out anything!
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

wait, wha-? hmm thats weird did you order Infection or G.U.? 'cause if its iinfection then i dunno what to expect...

-kiruku-
Tsunami the Silver Dragon
Player Character

Post by Tsunami the Silver Dragon »

Hm...

I've seen the same thing.

I read it in their Product Release Information sheets.

They're schedualed to come out on the same day.

10/24/06.
"For all the Dreamers out there, our planet's dream isn't over yet."

"Jill, this is for you."
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Just to update--the figurine is of Haseo, and it comes bundled with the game and Terminal Disk:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=281597

Only $50...not bad!

Apparantly, the normal edition doesn't come with the Terminal Disk, and retails for $40.00

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=281534
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Oh great... Less money for college for me. XD;;;
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
jinthemaster
Lowbie

well the..

Post by jinthemaster »

the terminal disk isn't that important?? well i don't care as long that i can play the game and why is america trying to make a extra 10 bucks for the extra disk that is suppose to come with the game. :x
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Actually, games are normally $50, so I don't see why people are complaining about it.

The terminal disk isn't all that important anyway though...the reports included in them do help explain some events, but it's not essential. Besides, they're just following the American dream because they KNOW that people will buy the special edition. I know that I go CRAZY when I hear about some kind of special or limited edition. Take Ghost in the Shell for example. Love the series to death, and I am now the proud owner of all of season one and two, limited edition. The thing is, the only "real" bonus, aside from soundtracks and such, of getting a L/E for Gits is for the DTS disks. I don't even HAVE a DTS system! Yet, I still feel obligated to get them!

Also, you get a smexing Haseo figure! [/sarcasm] But seriously, it's actually not that bad of a deal.

Think of it in a different light too--what if this sells well? That means that they'd start selling other games with random limited edition tie-ins. Maybe nice things! For example, if I remember correctly, two of the pre-order specials for the original .hack games (in japan, since they LOVE s/e stuff [New Ds Lites, etc]) were a Blackrose-bust, and a box for the 4 games. Not sure what the other two were (I think a mousepad and a tshirt?)

I wouldn't mind a box to keep the games in! Then again, that's just me :P