.hack//ROOTS US Premier!

.hack//G.U. discussion. No spoilers!
Tsunami the Silver Dragon
Player Character

Post by Tsunami the Silver Dragon »

I saw it myself.

It was... alright I guess.

There are more boring shows on at that hour anyway.

I guess it helps that I usually don't go to sleep until 6:00 A.M. anyway.
"For all the Dreamers out there, our planet's dream isn't over yet."

"Jill, this is for you."
Serin

Post by Serin »

Wow... That was... Dismaying... I had my hopes up... Damn... That was a waste of perfectly good blank VHS...
tissue_paper71
Lowbie

Post by tissue_paper71 »

:shock: wow..theres another show?? the last one I saw was //sign...but you guys said it wasn't intresting..thanks for the info! :roll:
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

:o ..........THIS IS WORSE THAN //SIGN!! i guess i'll save my money and not buy the dvds :x geez bandai!! make great animes for once!! for hack!!

-chiyo-chan-
Tsunami the Silver Dragon
Player Character

Post by Tsunami the Silver Dragon »

Well, there can't be explosions going off every minute.

One of the reasons I liked .hack//SIGN was that it was a break from the non stop "you are my enemy and you must die" routine.

It doesn't hurt to have a deep story line with very little fighting every once and a while.
"For all the Dreamers out there, our planet's dream isn't over yet."

"Jill, this is for you."
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

aw, hell with it, everyone has different interests, right? so i guess its safe to say that ROOTS isnt so bad.......(my inner nerd kicks and screams for some answers about .hack)

-kiruku-
tissue_paper71
Lowbie

Post by tissue_paper71 »

Tsunami the Silver Dragon wrote:Well, there can't be explosions going off every minute.

One of the reasons I liked .hack//SIGN was that it was a break from the non stop "you are my enemy and you must die" routine.

It doesn't hurt to have a deep story line with very little fighting every once and a while.
yup....I guess it doesnt....to me hack//sign was like ah um...one of those shows...(what's it called again??) like um a mys...tery??? I dunno hoe to explain it..but..it was interesting 8) :roll:
haha...ha *sights*
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

.hack should have only exsisted in Manga & game form, as far as I'm concerned.... I've had beef with all 3 Anime series so far.

SIGN: Boring.
LOTTB: Repeatative.
ROOTS: Boring, repeatative, & poorly drawn.

I was actually hoping for a G.U. manga, since the LOTTB one was so well done.
geez bandai!! make great animes for once!!
I hate to be offtopic, but leave Bandai alone. Bandai has done great series in the past. (Cowboy BeBop)
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Elk wrote:I was actually hoping for a G.U. manga, since the LOTTB one was so well done.
There are a few available in Japan now, most were serialized in .hack magazines of course and are now available in traditional manga form. Lets hope they bring them over here eventually.

.hack//G.U. + (follows the games with minor differences, considered non-canon)
.hack//GnU (not sure when this takes place but it revolves around Moon Tree.)
.hack//Alcor (follows Silabus and Nanase, a Twin Blade who is infatuated him. Alkaid has a smal role as well, I believe)
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
tissue_paper71
Lowbie

Post by tissue_paper71 »

Elk wrote:.hack should have only exsisted in Manga & game form, as far as I'm concerned.... I've had beef with all 3 Anime series so far.

SIGN: Boring.
LOTTB: Repeatative.
ROOTS: Boring, repeatative, & poorly drawn.

I was actually hoping for a G.U. manga, since the LOTTB one was so well done.
geez bandai!! make great animes for once!!
I hate to be offtopic, but leave Bandai alone. Bandai has done great series in the past. (Cowboy BeBop)
hahaha ur funny....yeah...I hated the animation...xept fo lott...they were funny looking
at least wat I saw.. :roll: 8) what's cowboy beebop? and um if hack//is borin, repeatative, and poorly drawned then why do poeple still like the show?...me..I like it cause..im dumb, and they use smart words..I wana talk smart..but yeah..my question?? :o :?:
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Xeno wrote: There are a few available in Japan now, most were serialized in .hack magazines of course and are now available in traditional manga form. Lets hope they bring them over here eventually.
Ooh! Thank you. :D I'd love it if they focused more on bringing the manga out here, than the excessively random novels. D:
tissue_paper71 wrote:hahaha ur funny....yeah...I hated the animation...xept fo lott...they were funny looking
at least wat I saw.. :roll: 8) what's cowboy beebop? and um if hack//is borin, repeatative, and poorly drawned then why do poeple still like the show?...me..I like it cause..im dumb, and they use smart words..I wana talk smart..but yeah..my question?? :o :?:
.hack exsists in more formats than Anime; Video games, comics, card games, novels...
It's just that the anime gets the lower quality & people still like it because watching anime is the trendy thing to do. :roll: (For the most part, I do recognize many members of this forum who don't fall under that category, so I expect no Messages of complaints-- thanks.)

Cowboy BeBop. (Click the link for info. This isn't the place for discussion based on CBB.)
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
tissue_paper71
Lowbie

Post by tissue_paper71 »

oh..ok thanks for the info...and um im sorry that this is really of topic.. but sounds like ur mad at me :( :( :( *cries*
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

Xeno wrote:
Elk wrote:I was actually hoping for a G.U. manga, since the LOTTB one was so well done.
There are a few available in Japan now, most were serialized in .hack magazines of course and are now available in traditional manga form. Lets hope they bring them over here eventually.

.hack//G.U. + (follows the games with minor differences, considered non-canon)
.hack//GnU (not sure when this takes place but it revolves around Moon Tree.)
.hack//Alcor (follows Silabus and Nanase, a Twin Blade who is infatuated him. Alkaid has a smal role as well, I believe)

that sounds really really interesting...... hopefully they will bring those stories here, espicially //alcor, hmm, I think its nice that silabus gets his own back story, although I wonder why its called alcor, and the other, GnU, what does that mean? :o

-kiruku-

-kiruku-
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

tissue_paper71 wrote:oh..ok thanks for the info...and um im sorry that this is really of topic.. but sounds like ur mad at me :( :( :( *cries*
Mad? Where's Rhyste when you need her? I'm kiddin' :P

Anyway, after watching over a few episodes again, I can see where the questionable quality of the anime comes into play. The characters themselves look very...poor? I'm not exactly sure how to describe it. To provide a counter-example, I present "Speed Grapher"...follows a "monster-of-the-week" format religiously, but still manages to pull a flimsy plot together and STILL be interesting.

And I wouldn't hold your breath for the //G.U. mangas...we're still waiting on //Another Birth 3+4 as well as //Zero 1+2

Then again, those are all novels...personally though, I don't like //G.U.+...it doesn't feel very needed. It kinda feels like the mass of the horse Bandai's been trying to beat to death.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

kiruku wrote: that sounds really really interesting...... hopefully they will bring those stories here, espicially //alcor, hmm, I think its nice that silabus gets his own back story, although I wonder why its called alcor, and the other, GnU, what does that mean? :o
I'm not sure about the symolism behind the names. Its seems to me that they are just throwing random letters together now and hoping for the fans to come up with a reference of some sort that relates to the series.

I would say that //Alcor is a play on Alkaid's name... but she was called YowKow in the Japanese versions of the games. I've heard that both names are similar in meaning but I'm not sure about that either.

EDIT: Apparantly both names refer to the star Eta Ursae Majoris in the constellation Ursa Major. Alkaid means "The leader of the daughters of the bier". The daughters of the bier, i.e. the mourning maidens, are the three stars of the handle of the Big Dipper, Alkaid, Mizar, and Alioth. So the name //alcor may have some reference to her.[spoiler] I believe in this story, she is supposed to be the antagonist opposed to the main character, Nanase. Nanase enters the demon tournament to show off for Siliabus, and Alkaid has just established her position at the top of the demon tournament rankings. One can guess accurately at the outcome of this...[/spoiler]
thedudewhosadude wrote:Then again, those are all novels...personally though, I don't like //G.U.+...it doesn't feel very needed. It kinda feels like the mass of the horse Bandai's been trying to beat to death.
Yeah, I felt the same way about //GU+ and //XXXX. Both are a little pointless as the main story has already been established... why change it? It seems like Bandai/Namco is trying to pull an Eva on us.

BTW: for those of you who don't know, .hack//XXXX is a retelling of the original games that is also considered non-canon. The story follows Kite but there are some differences. Vol. 1 is out now in Japan.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.