G.U

.hack//G.U. discussion. No spoilers!
Dark770
Player Character

G.U

Post by Dark770 »

well i felt like posting again after beating GU and i must ask...

[spoiler]do you think that it is a bit over dramatic about this whole PK thing? i can understand it with Tri-Edge but....the rest is just kinda stupid, like i play WoW and sure i get pissed when somone kills me but it doesnt change my whole game play.....but i guess some people are diffrent, what do you guys think about this?[/spoiler]

i was just wondering if anyone felt that way to <.<
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

I guess youre partially right, although the reason they are so freaked is because there are hundreds of of PKs now, alot more than than the original, but I also think they are using the pk thing to give the storys a new "essence" so you wont feel like youre playing the same thing from the first games.........? :?

-kiruku-
jinthemaster
Lowbie

yea sure

Post by jinthemaster »

well maybe in the future people get more concerned about that? also kids do play the game and with the new graphics in games, maybe people confuse it with real life :lol:
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

No, it's not really a matter of that.

See, the thing is, when you get killed, in any game, the game (in most all cases) halts for a small while. During that time, you are yanked from the reality of the game. That quick little amount of down-time you have in essense ruins the illusion of virtual reality. It brings you back to the real world, with a real concept: death.

Also, keep in mind that new players are just moving targets once they begin. They can venture into a field and get killed. Getting killed repeatedly gets boring, and then the user might get discouraged from playing.

It's a bit more involved than you'd think!
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
jinthemaster
Lowbie

wow!

Post by jinthemaster »

dude that was really deep! and i was wondering if you get PKed do you lose something? i mean not the i didn't save the game and lost exp part, the part about if you get PKed you drop a item. and the players who PKed you gets to pick it up.