.hack Timeline (Not the series timeline) *SPAMMY POST*

General, on-topic .hack discussion that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Um... Dude. The .hack world is our world. Think about when it started here. n.n;;;
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Spike Spiegal
Player Character

Post by Spike Spiegal »

Ok, then when did the first .hack product get published?
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Episode 1 of SIGN aired in Japan early-mid March '02, I believe. I think that was the first thing out to the public. I can look that up to be sure, and will toss an edit in later.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Spike Spiegal
Player Character

Post by Spike Spiegal »

All right, but I need a date that is 13 years, like January 1999, since thats about 13 years to the end of Quarrantine.

[edit] Err, i meant to add in i need to know something that happened then, if the internet started then (like in the timeline) or if that happened in dec, or just something that happened in the beginning of 1999 (in the timeline)
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Well, like I said, it's going to be when the internet started for us in reality, most likely... And that's quite sometime, as it's been around for awhile.
The global information highway known as the "internet" is born from the Department of Defense's ARPANET. By 1999, the internet is accessible to most of the world.
Note that it says By 1999, the internet is accessible to most of the world.

If you look at the timeline, it doesn't become very exact until AFTER the date after the series' beginning. And the statements made before that third entry, it's possible to see the statements happen. Almost creepily so, considering when this was written (this storyline took four years to write).

I don't have an exact date, and I may not have one, as I cannot locate the offical SIGN site anymore. Which means I'd have to check my DVDs. :D ...but that may take awhile in itself. Nevertheless, I can guarantee that it was somewhere in the realm of March '02, as I wasn't too far into the series when finals hit that semester.
Spike Spiegal
Player Character

Post by Spike Spiegal »

Alright, thanks for you help Tsukasa, you da man! Word up to yo motha'! 8)
CRtwenty
Legend

Post by CRtwenty »

The same day that the internet started in our World... it's supposed to be our world after all... so do a little bit of research on the ARPAnet project to find the timeline...

The first computer network was created in the 1960's...
"Hark he of Fair eyes, I am CRtwenty of the Azure Keyboard!"
Cyral
Player Character

Post by Cyral »

From what I've been reading from the book that I was SUPPOSE TO BE READING.

The ARPAnet was designed during the Cold War at around 1957-1958 after Sputnik (hehehe I was making fun of that name..lol) was launched into outer space...

Until recently, commercial uses of the Internet were heavily restricted. This is somewhat ironic, considering that the Internet was originally created to protect and serve the interests of capitalism. It was during the Cold War that the United States Defense Department's Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) began work on the Internet-originally known as the ARPAnet-to test their ability to create a telecommunications network that was able to survive a nuclear attack.
Chongara love info to help big guy understand .hack, eh?