New Game In Future

General, on-topic .hack discussion that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Ani_Loves_T

New Game In Future

Post by Ani_Loves_T »

Ok,this may be a dumb dumb question. And forgive me if it is. :oops: I just wondered if they are planning on making a new .dot//hack game of anykind in the near future or far future. I like the one that came out recently,so i just wondered. Forgive me if this was a dumb question. :oops: :roll:
~Ani*~

Through a thousand miles I searched for you,through the rivers,and the forests i found you. I will love you for all my life. Only now can i be truly happy,because Im with you.
Cyral
Player Character

Post by Cyral »

Don't worry, it ain't a dumb question.

No, there not making any games whatsoever... although I wish.
Chongara love info to help big guy understand .hack, eh?
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

I believe we all wish there were, they need a .hack//sign game i think, just to sum up the series
Ani_Loves_T

Post by Ani_Loves_T »

OK! GOOD! non-dumb question :lol: yay! yea i wish too. thanks for the answer, :wink:
~Ani*~

Through a thousand miles I searched for you,through the rivers,and the forests i found you. I will love you for all my life. Only now can i be truly happy,because Im with you.
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

Sankan wrote:I believe we all wish there were, they need a .hack//sign game i think, just to sum up the series

They also need a .hack//Dusk game.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Games that follow the anime's storyline usually are boring... you already know what's going to happen, not to mention it looses a lot of what it needs, compared to the anime...

I don't think SIGN or UdeDen need a game counterpart c_c I think it would be a little too hard to pull of, anyway.
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

Yeah... SIGN is mostly talk with hardly any action. That's fine in anime, but it wouldn't make a very good game. The Mimiru waiting for Tsukasa bit in particular would cause most gamers to fall asleep.
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

What about Dusk? That has a good amount of action, and its pretty funny too. ^_^
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Sankan wrote:What about Dusk? That has a good amount of action, and its pretty funny too. ^_^
Okay, but how would you play it? The acutal game we have now, you just go into dungeon after dungeon. There isn't too much to "The World" that would make it capable of any other type of gameplay.

Well... unless you make it like FFX-2, where you do sidequest after sidequest after sidequest... but that game isn't too exciting as it is...
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

Hmm good point. I see it now, but I would just like to see it anyway.
Ani_Loves_T

Post by Ani_Loves_T »

well thanks for all the help. ^_^
~Ani*~

Feldy
Player Character

Post by Feldy »

hmm, a dusk and sign game would be good, but nope, no more will be made, the only ones are

.hack//infection
.hack//mutation
.hack//outbreak
.hack//quarentine

I just named them all for those who didnt know
I invented the world!
Wow, I really should of done a better job.....
Untitled56

Post by Untitled56 »

You never know what the future holds. I mean I do think they will make a online one. Perhaps not by the same company but I do think they will make one for PC, as dothack did very good on the market. The only downfall is the anime never did to good, and often people just buy the game to see what its all about and because its a role playing game. It seams that more people like the game than the anime as I have done some polls and there are lots of people who bought the game and did not know there is an anime out for it, which I suppose I could understand.

I hear everyone talking as if they know the future and all but its not safe to say there will be no more dot hack games. I mean don't get me wrong or anything, they may not be the same style as the first 4 but I do think some company will make another one, after seeing how well the first 4 games did so with that said I suppose all we can do is sit back, wait and see what happends, afterall just because a company says its not going to do something don't mean they won't.
Cyral
Player Character

Post by Cyral »

Well although people that know the show and know the video games are saying that, yes we want an online game. But to them, those people who want an online game for dothack is considered small in percentage, eventhough most people have signed a petition, Most people who haven't heard (which pretty much contains a bulk of the world's population) won't play the game nor understand it. And since there trying not to make it as a failure in the online gaming business(Which I can see it.. like what happened in N-Gage(yeah yeah I know I know it's a handheld)(which people had ethusiam about it and later hated it)))

But I doubt the online games would ever release even though the people have said it, and polls don't really matter either(cause most people are dumbassess who like to say 'no' in every topic even though they never heard of it)

And oh yeah, if anyone here hadn't noticed, Remember the commercial(that were in Japanese) .hack://Infection there in Japan was hot so it sold alot of units, but when .hack://Mutation came out, The numbers started to twindle, by the time .hack://Oubreak came out(don't remember the exact number) it just kept going down and down, it probably did good in here, but no one ever heard of it(Except for people who had Cartoon Network)
Chongara love info to help big guy understand .hack, eh?
CRtwenty
Legend

Post by CRtwenty »

I think that a real online .hack would completely ruin the feel for the series. Until we have the technology to correctly imitate the feel of The World (which uses some form of Virtual reality technology) I would not support and online version.

Besides, the entire plot of .hack revolves around problems with the system, and people using illegal hacking powers to fix them, which would not really work in a real MMORPG... it's not fun to have special abilities if everybody else has them as well.
"Hark he of Fair eyes, I am CRtwenty of the Azure Keyboard!"