The World Coming Out?

General, on-topic .hack discussion that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Infection

The World Coming Out?

Post by Infection »

I have heard rumors that nintendo is going to make The World anyone else hear this?
Shadowknuxem

Post by Shadowknuxem »

What?!? that makes no sence! Nintendo's only online stuff has been free of charge. I have heard of someone makeing the world but i think it would be bandi or someone else, but it would be cool if Nintendo did make it. then they may make it control more like zelda.
Infection

Post by Infection »

They might make it but its going to be a while because if they made The World they would have to have the virtual headset. If it came out it would be like the #1 online game.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

...sigh...

CC2 already came out with a /hack MMO called //FRAGMENT in Japan for PS2. It sucked. I seriously doubt they will try it again. A seriously dedicated .hack MMORPG would cost too much money to produce/maintain...
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

The World wont happen... the only thing close to it anyone is going to get is FRAGMENT. The World would make a crappy game anyways... I don't know why people keep asking for it. XD
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
kiruku

Re: The World Coming Out?

Post by kiruku »

Infection wrote:I have heard rumors that nintendo is going to make The World anyone else hear this?

*sigh* the rumors are just that, rumors, nothing more.

-kiruku- :roll:
Shadowknuxem

Post by Shadowknuxem »

I think (I don't know) the problem with fragment was in the console and not the game. After all it is hard to type and fight at the same time. If the world came out they would have to make it for the PC only to make the chating easyer or get the voice reccognition technology out. And I would be able to play with alot of my friends.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Shadowknuxem wrote:I think (I don't know) the problem with fragment was in the console and not the game.
No, it was the game. character creation sucked, gameplay sucked, graphics sucked... the whole package. whatever development there was was mediocre and rushed.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Don't forget that the whole idea of having The World online sucks. :D

It's nothing more than an unoriginal MMORPG... I don't think people get that. XD;; There's nothing special about it... while other REAL MMORPGs have a sort of special detail to them that makes them worth playing... & not just because of a lol animu.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
psypho
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by psypho »

Reasons why it won't happen
  1. Sending information over the net isn't quite so simple. It's because the internet right now can only handle so much inforamtion. The ping for someting like The World would be astronomical. Thus a crash would happen. We're running on phone-lines, broadband cables, and some special wiring not nearly as efficient as fiber optics. The amount of information fiber optic cables can handle is a 1000 times more than normal dsl or digital cable wires. There are no companies right now that offer fiber optics enhanced internet services.
  2. We don't have the programming language to efficiently recreate AI in an online environment. That's why you see games like WoW having pre-scripted NPC's. They aren't programmed to respond interactively. Plus, the game's AI would have to make a hell of a trip communicating over anything but maybe fiber optic lines.
  3. We lack programming to map emotional reponces and physical articulation. We can't get PC characters that can animate our facial or physical responces accurately enough and upon our thoughts. We'd have to type it in.
  4. We lack software to utilize efficiently live time voice communication.
  5. To program an AI that is as smart as Aura ideally is would take us another 100 to 200 years, at most and if we're lucky.
  6. If we could do it now, and if we had everything I mentioned above, it would take us 10 years to complete a game in the scale of The World.
  7. If you're a genius programmer, maybe you can do it, but even genius's have their limits.
.HACK//Fragments
This is the newest online text-based RPG personifying the .HACK// saga!!
peppermint
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by peppermint »

they shouldn't do that....no one would buy it. :cry:
CraZY STUff IN THERE crAZY STUFF..
Serin

Post by Serin »

Yeah... I was looking forward to it... But from what I heard it was a total travisty to fans... Maybe if they would have fine tuned it a bit... But probably not...
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Ugh, it was horrible...there wasn't any appeal to it at all, even to someone who doesn't know the .hack storyline! There were quite a few .hack//SIGN character cameos, but nothing of significance.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
kiruku

Re: The World Coming Out?

Post by kiruku »

Infection wrote:I have heard rumors that nintendo is going to make The World anyone else hear this?

furthermore, why would nintendo make the world? that wouldnt make any sense :roll:

-kiruku-[/i]
Fragment
Lowbie

Post by Fragment »

Where did u hear this from?