more dot hack UB artwork

Posting and discussion of fanart, cosplay, and fanfics.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Hirrayami
Lowbie

more dot hack UB artwork

Post by Hirrayami »

Here is new arts for the .hack//urusai borucas!!!!

first with a brand new poster featuring the main heroes of the story!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/hunterx ... bgrp01.jpg

good uh?

also for a bonus, here are some color sketches of the characters (most of them the heroes of the story.)

Note: Most of the characters of .hack//UB are my friends and classmate of college which I'm making the story with us inside the .hack world.

The Team:
Othni: http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/hunterx ... es/otb.PNG

Carosumo: http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/hunterx ... es/csb.PNG

Ni Yiova: http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/hunterx ... es/nyb.PNG

Luisarth: http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/hunterx ... sarthb.PNG

Dark Spirit: http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/hunterx ... es/dsb.PNG

Samus: http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/hunterx ... es/sab.PNG

Rei-kun: http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/hunterx ... es/rkb.PNG

Chun: http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/hunterx ... /chunb.PNG

Other chars:

Ochan: (Othni's little sister) http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/hunterx ... /ochan.jpg

Chrono: (Othni's middle brother) http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/hunterx ... chronb.PNG

Sonika: http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/hunterx ... s/sonb.PNG
Last edited by Hirrayami on Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the world of .hack is not just only a game...

Visit my Kite shrine at:
http://www.geocities.com/othni_g_x_dbzg ... shrine.htm
(the shrine website is completly finish, please visit)
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

It's good but...
  1. Making new story with existing name (in your case, its .hack) really dosen't sell. Believe me, I know.
  2. Coping names of "certain" (you should all know) existing characters also dosen't help.
  3. Brock in armor? :? (reffering to character at top)
Hirrayami
Lowbie

Post by Hirrayami »

hehehe, thanks for the comment, and here is my explanation:
1. Making new story with existing name (in your case, its .hack) really dosen't sell. Believe me, I know.
this is not a story for sell, is just a hobi normal fanfiction I'm making just for fun and no claiming ownership of the .hack series. It's that what fanfic is about? The story is about *me* and my *classmate friends* inside the .hack series (self insertion), a "what if we get a copy of the game "the world" and we could get inside the .hack world". The story is been posted on Fanfiction.Net by the way.
2. Hirrayami wrote:
Samus: http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/hunterx ... es/sab.PNG

Coping names of "certain" (you should all know) existing characters also dosen't help.
Samus is the name of the Bounty Hunter main heroine of Metroid. My friend Soraya is fan of Metroid and she most of the time puts herself as samus in other works we do. So she was the one who choose her nickname inside "the World". Plus inside the new class "Cannon Blasters" that I made, that started as a simple rank on a game of cards I made fusing .hack//enemy with original chars to play for fun within our group. (no claiming ownership I say again.)
3. Brock in armor? (reffering to character at top)
which one do you reffer to?

Visit my Kite shrine at:
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

No offence... but it does look like you're just ripping off other games & anime.... >_>;
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
Hirrayami
Lowbie

Post by Hirrayami »

Elk_capsule_figure wrote:No offence... but it does look like you're just ripping off other games & anime.... >_>;
hehehehe :D

hey I'm just the writer and maker of this picture. I only designed my char, the others where named and designed by my friends. (We study in an art college, just in case you want to know. And still on the first half of first year though, we still need alot to learn, sigh.).

Besides is nto rip off cause I'm not claiming anything or originality.

Come on guys, this is a Fanfiction we're talking about. Anything can happen. Is not somethign that's real you know, dont take it to seriously liek if I was offending you guys or something.

The only ones that may look out of the system is may be mine, Ni Yiova and Samus. The others are in the common character classes of "The World" and the only name that is outside teh game is Samus, she choose that name cause she likes Metroid.

And think about this... The World is suppose to be a MMORPG, right? SO that means the real world can be a reality like OURS where those games may exist and fans of games and anime exist also.

I am playing in some MMORPG from our reality and I have seen many users name themselves after cercain known characters, other names themselves with real name,s and other with made out names.

Also, Ni Yiova is a fist master (I dunno is that's the real name of the class.) Ouka is one of them, I mean, that class fight martial arts and does not need weapons other than gloves and gauntlets.

The only class that was made out by me where cannon blasters, those are classes that can use any time of Guns and some kind of cannons that can be added in your hand or arm.

Since is time after UDEDEN manga version, another version of "The World" has been aded with more realist stuff and new classes, is it badd to improove the game and add classes to make a better plot for the game? If is and I offended you, I'm sorry, but there are other people who likes the story and found it amusing.

well I'm very sorry you guys took it bad or offended by it... but this is fanart and fanfiction we are talking about guys. (Self insert if I may add.)

My apologies again.

(PS: also forget to mention that is is a bit of parody of ourselves, also teh chars have some caracteristics that resembles our real life selves.

ej: Luisarth and his sunglasses, Luisarth's (Luis) real self always have sunglasses on him, and he wanted that. Ni Yiova (Yiovani) loves fire, so he wanted that characteristic on his character. Me and my scar, Carosumo (Allan) the bigger one of us etc. Also the color of the character's skin are the same as in reality. Hahahaha, like the story says, we are the weirdes looking and acting characters and Team of the entire "The World".)

Visit my Kite shrine at:
Guynietoren
Player Character

Post by Guynietoren »

What's up with the number 553? It's all over the picture in Binary. Usually it's 8 bit insted of 10.

And it is a rip off if your name is the only one on it.

The shading's done alright for a beginer. The background is cool. But you should use 8 numbers of binary insted of 10.
Hirrayami
Lowbie

Post by Hirrayami »

Guynietoren wrote:What's up with the number 553? It's all over the picture in Binary. Usually it's 8 bit insted of 10.

The shading's done alright for a beginer. The background is cool. But you should use 8 numbers of binary insted of 10.

numbers? 553? 8 bit intea dof 10? I dont understand, can you explain, please?

(Uhm if your talking about the 100101 etc, that's suppose to be the data numbers, I eman, the field is suppose to be corrupted and the data numbers are all over the field, and the background I tried to do it corrupted as in the en of Mutation.)

Visit my Kite shrine at:
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

No offense but if you were to actually sell this, it would not be worthy enouth to compete with not even a series as low as Hamptaro (sorry if I spelled it wrong).
Hirrayami
Lowbie

Post by Hirrayami »

who said I was going to sell this? This is a fanfiction, is not for sale, just a hobi story, we only owns our chars only.

Besides, have you actually read the story buddy? anyway things has it's pros and it's contrs. But I dont worry cause there are more people who does like it and some who does not, ying and yang as always.

No offence Xhacker, but I think you're starting flaming me... this is a fan art work and fan fiction we are talking about "fan", this type of stories are made by the writters trying to fix thigns to fill on a plot or storyline? You never tried before? That's what is also called "alternate universe" as if "The World" game really exist in our time, or even other details you know? Or not only in .hack, in many series around. Dont believe me? there are millions of writes who do the same, you cna find them on Fanfiction.Net or other wbesites, that means I'm not the only one.

Or you just aproove to someoen when they do thigns your way only?

I dont care if people like it or not, because there is always some who likes and others who dont... at leats I feel happy making it and showing to everybody and that there are people who likes it and that's worth it.

Besides, if this was really for sale, I already hace 30 friends who loves it, and around 50 fans of .hack in diferent websites who had send me reviews and likes it, and asking em to finish it also, and also is posted on FF.Net.

You like it fine, you dont like it, fine by me also, all your opinions are welcome, I have no problem with it. Beside,s things are just starting anyways.

Believe me, if I make a story to actually sell (that actually I AM writing and completly original series that will be published around july this year.) I will put more effor on originality and even bring a taste to the readers. I have been a writer for 10 years now you know.

But this is just for fun man, relax, dont take things to seriusly bro. Take it easy ok? We're still young. ;)

I guess that's all for now then, other comments are welcome. Thank you people of .hack//info for your reviews and cooperation.

If I have any doubts or questiosn about the dothack series I will come to you and ask right away since I know you guys knows most of all than others. Ja ne, be safe.

PS: I think this tells me not to post my .hack//rockman.exe cross over and either my parody .hack//matrix like I was thinking cause it will bring an even bigger commotion, sigh.

Visit my Kite shrine at:
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Well, you're quite mature for a new user! Many new users get offended way too easily, and then the puchiguso comes out! Anyway, you shouldn't worry about posting your work, for it's fan work, like you said. I can see the viewpoints of others; many perfer original characters rather than borrowed ones. Anyway, opinion time! The poster looks alright, i just wouldn't have the 'code' run into you or Samus or the Marlo-like person. Also, original poses would be nice (these are the poses used in the individual pictures, right?) Othni: Chest area seems a little underscale to the rest of the body. Carosumo: The armor really needs work here. Right now he looks kinda bland and not quite up to scale with the others. His armor just seems a bit too basic and 'grey'. Ni Yiova: Ah, now i see what everyone means. Ni looks fine, it's just the fact that he's a hybrid of many others that seems a bit odd to me (Goku+Squall+others) Then again, not much today can me made and still be called original. Luisarth: Again, i'm seeing some hybrids here (Wakka+Bear+Any PSO Game) Aside from that, he looks fine. Dark Spirit: I was reminded of Alastor as soon as I saw this picture. The thing that really gets me here is that I can't really see anything on his body. Samus: I like what you did with her pants, although she doesn't look quite suited for "The World." In her current outfit, she looks like an event character or something. Rei-kun: Not much to comment on, just looks like Shugo possesed Tsukasa! Chun: Looks fine, I just can't really see what's going on with his head. Overall, your pictures were good, the only faults i could see was the basic coloring scheme used for each one.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Tsunami the Silver Dragon
Player Character

Post by Tsunami the Silver Dragon »

Man you're good...

I personally think that this is a good idea...
"For all the Dreamers out there, our planet's dream isn't over yet."

"Jill, this is for you."
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Hey, don't get on his case about his idea.

FYI, I'm doing the same thing. I have four characters I made up for the .hack world, which I'm using in a fanfic. And they all at least look similar to one existing .hack character or another.

If anything, I think it's a good idea. It's nice to see someone who can come up with something like this.

Your artwork is very good. The CGing and the effects are really nice.
Hirrayami
Lowbie

Post by Hirrayami »

thedudewhosadude wrote:Well, you're quite mature for a new user! Many new users get offended way too easily, and then the puchiguso comes out! Anyway, you shouldn't worry about posting your work, for it's fan work, like you said. I can see the viewpoints of others; many perfer original characters rather than borrowed ones. Anyway, opinion time! The poster looks alright, i just wouldn't have the 'code' run into you or Samus or the Marlo-like person. Also, original poses would be nice (these are the poses used in the individual pictures, right?) Othni: Chest area seems a little underscale to the rest of the body. Carosumo: The armor really needs work here. Right now he looks kinda bland and not quite up to scale with the others. His armor just seems a bit too basic and 'grey'. Ni Yiova: Ah, now i see what everyone means. Ni looks fine, it's just the fact that he's a hybrid of many others that seems a bit odd to me (Goku+Squall+others) Then again, not much today can me made and still be called original. Luisarth: Again, i'm seeing some hybrids here (Wakka+Bear+Any PSO Game) Aside from that, he looks fine. Dark Spirit: I was reminded of Alastor as soon as I saw this picture. The thing that really gets me here is that I can't really see anything on his body. Samus: I like what you did with her pants, although she doesn't look quite suited for "The World." In her current outfit, she looks like an event character or something. Rei-kun: Not much to comment on, just looks like Shugo possesed Tsukasa! Chun: Looks fine, I just can't really see what's going on with his head. Overall, your pictures were good, the only faults i could see was the basic coloring scheme used for each one.
me mature? hehe thanks, yes you're right I'm taking things very calm isn't it? Well you see, I'm used to it, and there was a tiem I was threaten worst so dont worry, is ok. Beside,s critings (that are not flaming) are good to make a person improove right?

Anyway, I can see now more clearly your view point about the chars and what the others mean, see? This comments where better and logic than shorts viewpoints.

And you're right, now that lookign it your way, it may look that.

Well I gues sis alright, since a MMORPG has the system of "almost alike chars" for a basic patten. (smaple: Bear-Orca, Tsukasa-Elk)

So is a little bit alright.

And Carosumo's armor, yes, is crappy I know... he wa sthe last one I made so I was to tired to detail it more. But these are just first sketches. Samus, mmm yes it looks a bit ourplace but is alright sicne is part of that new class.

Ni Yiova, interesting comparitions my friend. Well maybe he looks like goku because of the hair isnt it? Well my truly intentions where to make his hair looks like fire, even with the colors. Since that's how Yiovani, my friend, descrbed me his char. Fight with fist, anf fire element, his first can cast fire, and his hair looks like fire, etc.

About Othni, hate to admit it, but the chest thing you're right... sigh, didnt saw that one... to fin, ah man, and he was the first one I made and the one I thought it was better. OH well.

Rei-Kun: I tried to made him in the tsukasa-elk type class, only with long hair in a pony tail (cause Ricardo my friend has long hair.)
[what I'm trying to say is like I tried to make resembles with us in real life, and it has in some parts]

Chun: he is a mouse... actually we call him "cricachu" cause Allan (carosumo) always makes fun of him cause he looks like Pikachu. And sicne I didnt want to put a pikachu on .hack (cause that will look REALLY out of place) I made him a mouse-type twin blade. He has a cap-hat on hsi head and the black things coming out from the front is his spiky hair.

Dark Spirit: well sorry about that, is because hsi armor is black, and he has a black cloak around it, does not shows verry well the difference, that's deppens of the colors settings on the display on he PC.

Sonika, she loves cats and cat-girls characters so she begged me to made her a cat-girl fighter.

alas, the only two characters that DOES NOT exist in real life, or has real life people to be represented are O-chan and Chrono. Those are made up characters and users to fit the storry. (I'm sorry about that but I always wanted to have a younger brother and sister since I"m an only child, and most of the story I self insert, always interst those two.)

well I'll beep working on must stuff so stand by ok?

Visit my Kite shrine at:
Tsunami the Silver Dragon
Player Character

Post by Tsunami the Silver Dragon »

Duskino wrote:Hey, don't get on his case about his idea.

FYI, I'm doing the same thing. I have four characters I made up for the .hack world, which I'm using in a fanfic. And they all at least look similar to one existing .hack character or another.

If anything, I think it's a good idea. It's nice to see someone who can come up with something like this.

Your artwork is very good. The CGing and the effects are really nice.
Huh? Are you talking to me?

I said it was a GOOD idea...
"For all the Dreamers out there, our planet's dream isn't over yet."

"Jill, this is for you."
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Were you getting on his case? No. Question answered.

Back on subject now ~.~