.hack//d20 rpg help?

Posting and discussion of fanart, cosplay, and fanfics.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Dissension

.hack//d20 rpg help?

Post by Dissension »

Hey everyone.

I'm thinking of using some .hack// character classes in a pen-and-paper rpg that I'm working on, and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me/teach me how to convert the classes or something like that.

Also, how should I treat Ouka's class? I'm reluctant to make it a standard d20 style werewolf because it seems like there are some differences there to me. XD

Anyway, if anyone could help, thanks.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

um...Druid? I dunno ^^;
Rectos Dominos
Mitskie
Lowbie

Post by Mitskie »

ugh..............um.......uh............swry that is just somethin i cant help you with
peachy...peachy...Pitch
tee hee^_^
Thanatos

Perhaps I can be of some assistance..?

Post by Thanatos »

Greetings. I'm sure you have little or no idea who I am, as I am a n00b, and thusly nigh-unheard of. I do play a lot of d&d however, so I might be able to give you some ideas/advice. First off, what type of campaign are you covering? If it's more dark, then you may want to alternate with "real life" versions of the characters using Modern d20 rules. Otherwise... Ouka could easily be an Anthropromorphic wolf, if you have Savage Specis, with the ability of alternate form (Wolf) unlimited times per day (Keep the Werewolves shifting time, but nothing else. It's not like it's a curse in the world.) She would obviously be a monk because of her strong unarmed combat, and possibly do slashing damage because of claws. If you do not have Savage Species, then I can either give you the stats, or we can modify werewolves. Next...

I'm assuming you'd either have every class be able to take use magic device (Except Wavemasters, who instantly can use a device, if their spellcraft + level is high enough), because of all the strange objects found in the World.

Twin Blades should essentially be Rangers, with Rogue attack bonus and sneak attack, but no favored enemies, druidic spells, animal companions, or rogue special stuff.

Long-Arms, Blade-masters, Heavy Axemen, and Heavy Blades should all be highly differing types of fighter. Perhaps create specilized attack styles they gain in replace of bonus feats?

Wave Masters should be Wizards, except for the following- They choose a statistic upon character creation (Int, Wis, or Cha) which is their spell-casting stat. Then they choose Arcane (Wizard-sorcerer spells) or Divine magic (Cleric-druid spells). You could easily customize spells so that they fit more readily into the .hack mythos, and seem less d&d-ish.

Finally, have you ever considered using Big-Eyes-Small-Mouth d20? It's an anime styled roll-playing game that has huge customization. With some careful monitoring, it would be easy to create .hack style characters... Oh yes, and if you approve of my advice, then I could proceed to make some examples from characters of the series, if you so desired. Sayonara, and nice to meet you all.
La belle de morte.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Sounds great! and about shifting servers, would that act as Planeshifting through the Prime? and what about Runes? the World of .hack is celtic based, so would Wavemasters need to equip Runes to create certain spells? Also, were would AIs fit in, they're too intelligent and advanced character-wise to be reduced to NPCs, and they don't have any skills, so they wouldn't be playable, would they be disregarded entirely, or would the GM control them?
Rectos Dominos