Reqiuem for a Dream

Posting and discussion of fanart, cosplay, and fanfics.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Rhyste
Legend

Reqiuem for a Dream

Post by Rhyste »

Idea proposal/throw out.

I have an idea to write a fic of some sort about four addicts of The World, almost a satire of Reqiuem for a Dream.

- Instead of Tabby Tibbons and J.U.I.C.E., we have Reki and his events regardless of any actual .hack "timeline conflictions" it might have.
- Obviously, no mother <-> son relationship between the characters who'll fill in for Sara and Harry.
- Rare item rooms (see Mireille's in UdeDen) for the apartment of Harry and Marion, Sara's apartment, etc.
- Split into three sections like RFaD that represent the stages of addiction. Will figure out those names later.
- Some kind of involvement with buying items for The World IRL over auction webpages like eBay; replacement for Harry and Tyrone's cocaine?
- Thinking of having .hack//SIGN characers as the cast...

... it's late. T_T;;
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
. H A C K // S O R A
Player Character

Post by . H A C K // S O R A »

i realy dont see the connection, the movie was grate i will grant you that but there are just so mutch that arnt related
rfad / sign / unden
the movie is a bout the fall of dreams / the anime is about getting tsukasa out of the world / the manga is about random fun stuff
mom is turned into a drug adictd by a wack docter/ tsukasa is traped in the world by morgana / shugo thinks bump maping is grate
the girlfriend ends up becoming a hore to get her fix(realy sad)/i realy dont see anyting remotly contable in .hack//sign / ORCA : shudder that name is so wrong X_X : wares a color because she is shugos love slave
fast scenes depecting the adiciton spreding like clockwork / slow panning scenes/ still images on pages
there is sex in the movie / there is no sex in the anime / shugo wants but has no sex in the manga

i just dont see any real connection between the totaly depressing movie, an slightly depressing but more or less up lifting anime and a manga comic that is fun ^_^

you can still do the fan fic but i am afraid the only thing that is remotly similer is elks ubsession with aromatic grass. :roll: or elks undieing love for a girl that isent real. so sad...

but go ahead i honestly would like to see the end product. it would be intresting to say the least.
Xebexz
Player Character

Post by Xebexz »

Umm..spoiler tags? X_x

Yea, that would be one interesting fan fic, and I think the games cast would work better then //SIGN, as you have more to work with in the games. Just a thought.
"Hey Mr. Wonderful oh you're so incredible, hey Mr. Wonderful, a miracle to me." --DDR, Smile .dk
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

... Sora... learn how to read. -.- It'll be a satire/crossover/take on Requiem for a Dream using The World as the focal point of addiction instead of drugs. At the very basic roots, Reqiuem for a Dream is the story of four drug addcits. And this story will be, at it's very basicness, the story of four The World addicts. -.-;;

There is no role matching, there doesn't have to be any at first relationship. Haven't you ever heard of crossover/AU/etc?
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
. H A C K // S O R A
Player Character

Post by . H A C K // S O R A »

well that sucks i wanted to see mimiru sell her body for more bandwith.