Wave Master

Posting and discussion of fanart, cosplay, and fanfics.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Wave Master con Queso
Lowbie

Wave Master

Post by Wave Master con Queso »

So, anyhow, This is actually my first serrious chibi sketch... I do admit I had an aid in the process of making this, and I will try and find it later if any of you want to see it (or I could just e-mail the sketch). This was an idea I had actually for a cosplay outfit (please don't steal it, I am using it at AWA), just a random Wave Master with a hunk of Swiss on the end of his staff. Please tell me what you think, I want to perfect my art even more and feel that any criticism will help.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v24 ... _Queso.jpg
Most users ever online was 25 on Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:48 am

It is time to bring that record DOWN!
Puppy
Lowbie

Post by Puppy »

Lol, you used it as an avatar!
I like it, especially the Oh-No-Melon stuck in his hat. :D
*Shugo* Oh look, a puppy!
*"Puppy* Growlithe!!! [does flamethrower]
*Shugo* Damn Pokemon cameos! Gotta catch 'em all!
Tsunami the Silver Dragon
Player Character

Post by Tsunami the Silver Dragon »

He didn't come from Wisconsin did he?

(For who knows what reason, some people in Wisconsin were these giant cheese hats on there heads. Just for the record I am NOT one of them.)
"For all the Dreamers out there, our planet's dream isn't over yet."

"Jill, this is for you."
Wave Master con Queso
Lowbie

It was just a pun...

Since I am Wave Master con Queso, I figured he needed some cheese... Actually, I did some more work to the picture after posting it >.>... so the new image can be found here. http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v24 ... l_here.jpg
Sorry, i had to remove the "Oh No!" from the Oh No Mellon...

Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

You asked for crit, so here it comes:

1) You forgot the ears; especially with characters with no hair at the sides of their heads, you need to draw ears, thus the characters being drawn have a chance of being more human, & have a better chance of hearing.
Also, just so it seems less mullet-ish, add in sideburns.

2) Heads are off balance; The eyes aren't on the same level, & the cheeks should more than likely look at least similar to eachother. Also, the head size makes the hands seem too tiny for the body.

3) Character body proportions; as I've said before, the head is abit too big for the body, but since this is a chibi picture, that's not too much of a big deal, just be sure not to make it overly big; but with the body itself, (mostly focusing on the wave master up front on this comment) the limbs seem oddly misplaces, or too short to match up to everything else.
As for hands, they're fine, & don't let anyone expect you to draw them perfectly straight away; just work on darwing them abit bigger, so they don't look too tiny.

4) Eye area; It's hard to tell, but as far as it looks, none of these characters have eyebrows. I'd suggest even just using lines to put them in; it usually helps with showing their emotions.
I also noticed that maybe the supposid eyelashes could be the eyebrows, but it's very hard to tell; if so, then I'd suggest putting more detail, in showing that those are not eyelashes, & are indeed eyebrows.
Now, with eyes themselves, (I'm talking about iris, pupil, ect.) I suggest you practice drawing many different styles of eyes, & use that practice to develope your own. (I suggest using CLAMP eyes, since they have many different styles)
Also, try making the eyes seem more rounded at the sides.. I noticed that you only made them go straight ontop of the iris.
The soul spots (light reflects on the eyes) seem too square, so I'd suggest you actually put them into the iris in a rounder shape, by doing an outline of the eye, with the soul spot already in it, before shading it in.

5) Shading; Just a tip, that often with pencil drawings, they tend to look very boring, unless you sue your pencil to lightly shade areas of clothing, or hair; it gives it more of an imaginative feel, so you can tell what's dark & what's not.

With all that said, I really hope you don't take offense to it. I'm not trying to be mean, but as an artist, I was being honest.
I really like the fact that you're using your own style. It's much more different than other people's first works.

Practice more, & i hope to see more from you.
Last edited by Elk on Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
Wave Master con Queso
Lowbie

Thankya!

I'll keep those in mind. Like I said, This was my first serrious chibi...

--Edit--

I'm still working on eyes and all (I actually normally do more like MT for eyes, but I got borred with that so I wanted to try something new), I know that comment will come up again, but I wanted to do this one for fun this morning after reading through the Cyberslum list.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v24 ... higuso.jpg

I can't imagine what the inspiration was though...

-Tsukasa's Puchiguso: If you run me into that wall one more time, I swear I am going to eat you!

Puppy
Lowbie

Post by Puppy »

Oh meh gosh, is it... eating Tsukasa?
LOL!!! It looks good ^_- But why do you keep labeling Oh-No-Melon and not the others?
*Shugo* Oh look, a puppy!
*"Puppy* Growlithe!!! [does flamethrower]
*Shugo* Damn Pokemon cameos! Gotta catch 'em all!
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

*flails* oh no! omgf someone help!! ;o;

^__^;;;

Cute pic. >D
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

wow, it's been a while since grunty food has been brung up! (The war of the Invisible Egg Vs. The Oh No Melon Vs. Cordycepts) Nice pic!
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
kageko
Lowbie

Post by kageko »

Oh no!>_< Please don't eat Tsukasa, puchiguso-san!!T_T;;;

The pic looks nice.=)
Please be patient with my poor English...>.>""
Wave Master con Queso
Lowbie

Oi

Wow, so many people... heh. Oh, the Oh No Melon is saying "Oh no," I figgured it was only apropriate since they all say their names and only that... and quite bluntly, if a puchiguso eats a character, that is something to say, "Oh No," about.

LeiLei

Post by LeiLei »

omg!! you drew my white cherry! it's so cute! :shock: great drawing, btw.
grave_the_undead

The Chibi's Are Cute

Post by grave_the_undead »

your chibi's are cute i'm only good at drawing Kite as a chibi i draw my chibi's with bigger feet though so it adds to the cuteness ^_^ *cuddles Queso's chibi's* CCCCUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

I really liek that lask one XD

Elk's crits are really nice ones, btw ~_^
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Botan

Post by Botan »

Puppy wrote:Lol, you used it as an avatar!
I like it, especially the Oh-No-Melon stuck in his hat. :D
i think it looks more like a grunty... i really like the drawing nd mostly thje cheese on the staff