.hack//Dark Enigma Saga

Posting and discussion of fanart, cosplay, and fanfics.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Lunarcloud_88
Player Character

Post by Lunarcloud_88 »

Wow! I like the stories so far and their connectivity.
I'd love to do that myself... and am trying, but have
seen so little of .hack . I've only realized it now.
Maybe I should start with writing before continuing
with the manga and game...

You've inspired me, thanx.
Every second of every day, one is a different
person. Even if just slightly. One can only hope
that the changes, even if minute, are for the
better.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Yup, I'm still alive! Somehow, over the past few months, I've been able to slowly start working on my fics again! Over spring break I should be able to accomplish more....for the time being, here's chapter eight of .hack--Dark Enigma!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter Eight

Turning his computer back on, Kite noticed that the same article in the newspaper was also posted on the BBS by a member. As Kite was reading it again, it was suddenly deleted, and he found himself just staring at “Message Deleted.� Kite had had a message of his get deleted before; back when Orca was the only one in a coma. But this was different. This article was somewhat of a messiah for proving CC Corp’s innocence, yet it was deleted. One would only think that a company would try to publicize their innocence as much as possible. Kite simply brushed the event away, and logged into The World.

When Kite arrived at Delta, he noticed something different. The server seemed darker, much darker, as if he had pressed the - brightness button on his monitor too much. However, that was not the case, as when he looked towards the bridge, he saw a huge column of light. It was blue and seemed to stretch into the heavens. There were plenty of players surrounding it, and it seemed that no one really knew what it was for. Kite followed suite and walked up to the pillar. It was then that he realized what it was. The pillar of light was Helba’s beam.

Kite had seen Helba descend down that beam of light before, but this time there was no person slowing floating down it. Kite took a few steps forward, and entered the beam. Instantly Kite was filled with smells and feelings. It was strange, as he was in an online game, and the environment around his PC hadn’t changed all that drastically. Kite could feel himself rising up the pillar, and looked down. Indeed, he was heading towards the sky, with no way back down. There was a bright flash, and Kite found himself in a field he had never seen before.

The field looked like a child’s fortress in the forest. There was a bed, a small stream, a doorframe, and a floating teddy bear. A map didn’t load for the area, so Kite had somewhat of an idea of where he was. The only time that a map hadn’t loaded before was when he visited these white areas. There were entirely white except for several abstract objects in the room. This room, however, was different. There was color and trees and sunlight and so much more. Kite then heard the fumbling of a doorknob, and looked over at the door.

The door slowly opened, and behind it was a cat. This cat wasn’t in the bestiary, and it seemed normal, unlike all the other creatures in The World. The cat just stared at Kite for a while, and then opened its mouth. Anticipating an attack, Kite put up his blades and readied himself. The cat then said, “Prodigious!� and disappeared. Kite was taken by surprise by that word; it seemed so familiar to him. Kite somehow knew what he had to do, and headed back to Delta.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger, ne? No, It's not supposed to make all that much sense right about now, but in due time it will. I am also announcing that I will only be working on one story at a time to avoid plot holes. Since it's been a while since I've written, I've forgotten my connections of the stories, so to avoid them from crashing upon eachother, I will only work on .hack//Dark Enigma for the time being. Next post will be sometime near the 1st!
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Tsunami the Silver Dragon
Player Character

Post by Tsunami the Silver Dragon »

Yes! The fiction is finally back up!
I was starting to get worried because there was so little movement through the board the last time I was here.
Keep at it!
As a writter and as a reader, I can't wait to find out what happens next.
"For all the Dreamers out there, our planet's dream isn't over yet."

"Jill, this is for you."
hALEYhACKER
Lowbie

Post by hALEYhACKER »

This is awesome, I checked and found nothing too drastically wrong. A few grammar errors, but it is good. I am a writter also, and love the way you let events just sorta flow. I hope you keep up the good work, and that you get to bring the other stories back soon. :idea:
Don't Judge Me By How You See Me, Judge Me By How You Know Me.
-hALEYhACKER/JRHACKER